PDA

View Full Version : For anybody at Celebration: How big is Ephant Mon?

AmanaMatt
05-03-2002, 08:58 PM
Haven't seen any comparison pics...>

thanks ahead time!

Beast
05-03-2002, 09:07 PM
Try here, you can see him in the background behind Luke Bespin. Comparing him to the Luke, he looks like he's pretty big, atleast accurate to the charecter in the movie. Probably around the same size as Dexter Jettster or POTJ Boss Nass.

Ephant Mon (http://systems.figures.com/albums/album03/aab.sized.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AmanaMatt
05-03-2002, 09:12 PM
thanks, I saw that, but a little tough to get accurate scale; Epahnt Mon should be a helluva lot bigger than Boss Nass!

Jargo
05-03-2002, 09:30 PM
Ephant Mon should be just a bit taller than Amanaman. He shoud be the same width as Jabba. I'm adding a picture someone posted a while back just to show how big he is in relation to a Gamorrean and Amanaman. If the figure isn't humongous it's a swizz.

Beast
05-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Aye my bad, he should be a little taller then the Boss and Chewbacca, according to the Official Site. Ephant Mon stands 2.5 meters tall. Where as Boss Nass is only 2.06 meters tall and Chewbacca is only 2.28 meters tall. I don't think he's quite as wide as Jabba though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-03-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah but he should be the second widest or at least wider than Nass or Jettster.

BTW, thanx to 'scum for the pic :happy: :p

Beast
05-03-2002, 09:53 PM
Even if he's a little off, he's still a darn nice figure. As long as he's close to accurate height wise, I won't complain to much. Though, I would like him to be perfectly scaled. I think the official site is a little off on how tall he is though. We have seen Gamorrean Guards standing next to Chewbacca in Return of the Jedi, and they arn't all that tall. The official site lists them as 1.7 meters.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
05-03-2002, 09:57 PM
In my opinion, he should have been a deluxe figure to ensure the proper scale, maybe a pac in of a smaller character from J.P. s palace, such as Bubbo.
Since he will be coming on the current saga card I predict Hasblow will drop the ball and make him alot smaller than he should be. To save money for themselves of course.
They will have forgotten their statement back when they made Bespin Escape Leia and Chewbaca Mechanic that they were trying to make all figures from now on in the proper scale.

darth chuck
05-03-2002, 10:25 PM
I saw him at the celebration today, and he is freakin huge! He is bigger than Muftak, and very detailed. Easily the largest figure in the line. It has to be a deluxe fig.

QLD
05-03-2002, 10:28 PM
Ephont man is soooooooooooo big.........

oh nevermind.... :)

Beast
05-03-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by darth chuck
I saw him at the celebration today, and he is freakin huge! He is bigger than Muftak, and very detailed. Easily the largest figure in the line. It has to be a deluxe fig.
He won't be a deluxe figure, Hasbro already confirmed that in a Q&A they had a while back with Rebelscum. The new bubbles have plenty of room for a charecter of Ephant Mon's size to fit on a card. He's also listed on the regular figure release posters as figure #45, and they don't number the deluxe line as part of the basic line. 5.99 sounds like a great price for him, can't wait til fall. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks