PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still havent opened their figs?

Jarrell
05-03-2002, 09:51 PM
I usually buy only one of each basic figure (plus a ship or 10), but I usually let them sit unopened for awhile, thinking to myself "you know their worth more unopened and still carded" then I break down and open them, I dont know why I go thru this procedure I know I would never sell them anyway ! Anyone else go through this? I have 26 of the 27 except Yoda, still havent opened.......YET!........but its getting close.

Jedi_Rainman
05-04-2002, 12:00 AM
I have never opened mine. They are more of a centimental value to me. I won't play with them. I just like displaying them.

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 12:28 AM
I have several that I haven't opened yet and many that I have. I think right now I'm finding MOC collecting to be more satisfying since they are easier to display. Besides this is the only card design I've liked since the line was resurrected in 1995. The previous cards were so ugly, it was a pleasure to tear them apart and get to the figures.

2-1B
05-04-2002, 03:13 AM
I bought 8 Saga figs at midnight and opened 7 of them right away, leaving 1 on card for my "timeline" display.
I did, however, take my time in opening other midnight toys. I let my Legos sit for a few days and it took me a whole week to open my 12" Ani and Obi.

QLD
05-04-2002, 03:15 AM
I opened them all immedaitely. I just never found toys in a package very attractive.

Darth Nihilus
05-04-2002, 04:40 AM
My pitifully lonely HD Ani is still safely on his card, I'll only open him if I pick up a double.

The Sith Lord
05-04-2002, 11:03 AM
I have approximately 85 unopened (MOMC) Star Wars figs. I haven't opened a Star Wars figure since my ROTJ days. Like Jedi Rainman, they hold centimental value to me.

stillakid
05-04-2002, 11:26 AM
I open virtually everything. Lately, though, I'm prone to keep some stuff sealed, like the ToyFare Vader and the 25th Anniversary sets. The Jorg Sacul will likely remained trapped in the bubble as well. "Regular" figures are meant to be unleashed (no pun intended), while these other special-packaging ones have better "display value" when kept intact.

jedi_uk73
05-04-2002, 01:39 PM
I always make sure that I have 1 of every figure released on a card. If I buy any doubles, only then do I open them.

I have every figure released on a card since 1995, and many, many loose doubles.

I only wish my vintage collection was carded. But hey, when I was only 5, I had to open them. :cry:

dirtybones
05-04-2002, 02:11 PM
I just can't bring myself to do it.

mark2d2
05-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Funny, I can't bring myself NOT to do it.

This latest round of figures is totally fun to mess around with. Artoo beeps up a storm. Anakin's force action and retro lightsaber take me back twentyfive years. And Threepio is a nifty attempt at something new . . .

JAYPEA
05-04-2002, 04:52 PM
Open, open, open. I even went back and opened Mara Jade, the old Anakin Skywalker that was released before PM came out, Leia with a lightsaber from the same set as the Mara Jade one. Hey, why didn't Kyle Kataran come with a lightsaber? The Emperor clone from the same series is opened as well. Any Jedi I get gets open, no matter what. I also have Han, Chewie, Leia in slave outfit, Lando, Lobot, Artoo, Threepio, Mon Mothma, Amidala, Jar Jar and Sing open. I would open the original fan club Mace if I could find it as well.
Jason.

BoShek
05-04-2002, 06:37 PM
I am going to open them after I see the movie. I did that the for the last film and I will never forget it.

figrin bran
05-04-2002, 11:27 PM
i usually open them though for POTJ, i have a lot of them still carded. collecting loose has its benefits as i'm sure many of you know, not the least of which is that rarer figures with bent up/creased cards are often passed up by collectors and scalpers.

jobi
05-05-2002, 11:25 AM
I have just about every figure released since 1995 on card. and I have a few opened ( about 20 )