PDA

View Full Version : Yoda's Fight Scene

SirSteve
05-04-2002, 08:15 AM
For those that were in Indianapolis and seen the opening ceremony, you know what I am talking about. They showed a short clip of the fight scene with Yoda and all I can say is he is one PO'd Jedi Master!!

CrossWizard
05-04-2002, 08:23 AM
Im still wondering how this is gonna look when I go see the movie, I mean Chris Lee is one tall guy(6'4 I believe) and Yoda is a shorty, so their saber duel sure is gonna be intresting, and odd to say the least.

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 08:26 AM
It's not fair, it's not fair! :p

I can't wait to the 16th!

2-1B
05-04-2002, 10:23 AM
SirSteve, I read a report that he looked funny after reverting back to his rickety old walk with his cane. Was it really funny in a cool way or just silly?

This is the only scene that had me frightened for awhile (well, not frightened but rather concerned) and your report that he looks very upset soothes my concern a bit. :)

Grif
05-04-2002, 10:38 AM
I still do not see how Yoda is able to fight. He is walking with a cane in EP1.

Dar' Argol
05-04-2002, 11:10 AM
For those curious about the Dooku Yoda fight scene, check out this pic:

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 03:51 PM
I still do not see how Yoda is able to fight. He is walking with a cane in EP1.

"Judge me by my disability do you? And well you should not, cause my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda.

Wolfwood319
05-04-2002, 04:43 PM
It looks like Lee is figthing a Gremlin or somethin'. I still don't know if this fight scene idea is a good idea...

LTBasker
05-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Anyone else see Muppet Teasure Island? I can only picture Yoda and Dooku in a duel like Kermit and Long John Silver's duel...

master jedi
05-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
For those that were in Indianapolis and seen the opening ceremony, you know what I am talking about. They showed a short clip of the fight scene with Yoda and all I can say is he is one PO'd Jedi Master!!

And I'm a PO'd Master Jedi for not seeing it.:frus: :frus: :frus: :frus:

ARRR!:Pirate:

jedi_uk73
05-04-2002, 06:39 PM
My opinion of the size difference in the fight scene is solved by levitation.

If anyone has the E2 Yoda figure he has a levitation feature. Might play a part in the movie, possibly Yoda/Dooku fight.

pthfnder89
05-04-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by jedi_uk73
My opinion of the size difference in the fight scene is solved by levitation.

If anyone has the E2 Yoda figure he has a levitation feature. Might play a part in the movie, possibly Yoda/Dooku fight.

I think it's actually more a matter of Yoda moving very quickly. Most accounts I've heard of it seem to suggest that Dooku just can't keep up.

Beast
05-04-2002, 10:08 PM
Yeah pthfnder89, according to one fan at the press screening the other night, Yoda's fighting style is similar to Darth Maul's. :) Here is what they said when interviewed.

"Yoda is the big star of this film. He makes Darth Maul look like Ironside. Actually, his moves are very similar to Darth Maul's...He is all over the place, bouncing off walls and it drew a big laugh from the audience to see him go back to his normal cane walking self after his encounter with Dooku."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 12:06 AM
I guess when that Jedi adrenaline rush kicks in there is no stopping him.:) Can't wait to see it.

Darth Nihilus
05-05-2002, 01:53 AM
That Yoda looks a bit bigger than he normally does.

Beast
05-05-2002, 02:05 AM
Cool Description from PSTwo.Net:

And of course, my favorite, and I'm sure it will be many of yours, the Yoda lightsaber scene. If you don't want to know what happens, don't read the rest of this paragraph. Dooku, who is incredibly strong in the force, has electrocuted Anakin, and cut off his arm, and sliced up Obi Wan a bit. At that moment, the camera shows the corner entrance to the room.

Suddenly, a small shadow of a tiny person walking with a cane shows up. At this point, the audience of nearly all full-grown men begins to giggle with glee. Around the corner walks master Yoda. Dooku greets him, to which Yoda replies "Dooku!" …more anticipating giggles… Dooku tries a couple of times to hurl lighting at Yoda, but Yoda simply absorbs the lightning with his bare hands.

Dooku then repeatedly tries hurling things in the room, scrap metal, boxes, chunks of the building, at Yoda. Every time, Yoda effortlessly stops the objects with the force, and tosses them calmly to the side. Dooku then says something like 'Well, we're obviously not going to settle this by comparing our strength in the force. Rather, with our skills with a lightsaber.' Dooku activates his (red, not purple) lightsaber. Then the camera moves to Yoda.

He drops his cane, pulls his cloak aside, and pulls his lightsaber to his hand using the force. Yoda then unleashes a combination of spins, slashes, and jumps so overwhelming I think my heart stopped. Dooku's desperately trying to block Yoda's attacks as Yoda spins on the ground, lightsaber extended, jumps and flips over Dooku, unleashing repeated blows. I'd have to see the scene several more times to be able to fully describe what he does, but it's fricking awesome. I only wish it was longer.

Throughout this whole scene, people in the theatre were groaning in glee and shouting obscenities in amazement. Little Yoda can kick some serious ***. The fight ends with Dooku dropping a pillar in Anakin and Obi Wan's direction, only to have it intercepted and tossed aside by Yoda, as Dooku escapes. The audience released a collective "WOW". Every action scene is pulled off beautifully, and it they will give you thrills and chills that you haven't had for a long time.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
05-05-2002, 01:20 PM
Judge me by my size do you? Yoda is going to kick arse. I can't wait to see him fight. I am not worried about the fight scene, I think Lucas can pull it off. The only thing I am worried about is I heard the Yoda jumps onto Dooku's shoulders, I think that might look stupid.

PENDO!

hango fett
05-05-2002, 05:49 PM
master vs. apprentice. they are linking ANH with AOTC. cool! yoda is gonna kick dooku's ***! yes! more yoda battleing is a wonderful idea!

Battle Droid
05-05-2002, 06:49 PM
If only Yoda would kill Dooku in the " Cave " on Dagobah in Ep3.

Pendo
05-06-2002, 09:10 AM
Check this out over at Episode-X. VIDEO FOOTAGE :D:D:D! Click here (http://www.episode-x.com/episode2/index.php#684).

PENDO!

Bothan187
05-07-2002, 12:53 AM
Someone very famous said at the convention..."when I was told yoda was going to be in a fight scene, the first thing that popped in my head was a pack of clone troopers opening blast doors and saying, 'where is he', to then look down at him with a puzzled look. To then laugh among themselves. And just like magic to a live audience, in other words, when they are not looking, that is when he kills you." Anthony C-3po

Jason B
05-07-2002, 10:19 AM
that site is sweet if you like spoilers. :D

saladin
05-07-2002, 04:04 PM
Yoda is the man
Thats all i'm ging to say

DeadEye
05-07-2002, 06:52 PM
I watched everything on that site.

Conveyor Belt was good too.

Jason B
05-07-2002, 07:26 PM
is it just me, or in the conveyor clip did Annie slice Watto in half? it makes sense, because in the trailer, you see Watto go zooming down towards Dooku. maybe its just me though. :)

Beast
05-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
is it just me, or in the converyor trailer did Annie slice Watto in half? it makes sense, because in the trailer, you see Watto go zooming down towards Dooku. maybe its just me though. :)
Err, Watto? You mean the Geonosian Warrior, right? Yeah that was cool, ya thought Maul getting cut in half was cool. That Geonosian is sliced in half from gullet to groin. Very cool. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jason B
05-07-2002, 07:53 PM
uh.....er....right. :o thats what i meant....i think. :D i saw the wings, i thought it was Watto. :)

chris
05-07-2002, 09:06 PM
I think the Yoda fight is gonna be awesome. Its one of my most anticipated parts of AOTC.

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Err, Watto? You mean the Geonosian Warrior, right? Yeah that was cool, ya thought Maul getting cut in half was cool. That Geonosian is sliced in half from gullet to groin. Very cool. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That's interesting since the Geonosian Warrior that comes with the Deluxe Anakin figure obviously seperates at the waist just like the POTJ Darth Maul and Deluxe Maces Battle Droid.

I guess having one that literally split up the middle would have been a bit too graphic huh? :D

Jedi Clint
05-08-2002, 01:15 PM
That was absolutely my favorite part of the new footage I saw! Anakin diced those bugs and the machines got the strays. One stamping machine stamped a bug on molten metal.....very cool.

artdoesart
05-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Yeah yoda in that image doesn't look to scale at all.. i think george is taking this whole thing the wrong way... but it's his movie... i think more people will laugh and think its a "joke" when they see yoda and him go at it then take it serious which could hurt the movie. however according to sources who have seen the movie, say this is the best part and its done so well...

but in my opinion i just think the new star wars films are kind of week because everything looks so CGI and so fake, i mean even yoda, watching yoda with frank oz's magic was great and seeing him in episode 1 was nice as a puppet as well, because it gave him that tangible look like u could touch him. but with ep2 being all cgi (yoda) he looks like one of those cities, so fake and he looks like something that is 2 dimensional but painted to look 3D i don't know just my opinion...

artdoesart
05-08-2002, 02:39 PM
i take this back.. i just looked at the image... and well when looking at the SPOILER clip.. well i made a mistake...

awesome... simply awesome i take back everything i said bad in the above post... i would have never thought the action would have looked that good...

JEDIpartner
05-08-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
That Yoda looks a bit bigger than he normally does.

Yoda looks like some bloated, seasick Italian guy named Guido. Put him in a "wife beater" and the picture's complete. Me no likey.

Locin
05-08-2002, 05:00 PM
I don't know if this is new or not, I was just sent this. I do not know where it was taped from. But quite the ultimate tease. Small clip of bad little green mofo.

http://download.consumptionjunction.com/multimedia/cj_9583.wmv

OriginalBryGuy
05-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Yep, he's fighting...spoilers lurk here so be warned!

Celebration II - Yoda footage! He's fighting!!! (http://www.originalplots.com/)

jblodgett
05-10-2002, 12:16 PM
SWEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG the little dude KICKS ***!!!!!

CrossWizard
05-10-2002, 12:19 PM
Yep, he sure is the true emerald skinned butt kicker, but whats with all the cowboy screams and yee haws in the crowd, they sure were disturbing. :eek:

OriginalBryGuy
05-10-2002, 12:22 PM
I think I might have just made Yoda's figure harder to find...oops...sorry. hahaha

Amanamike
05-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Holy crap that rules!!!!!!!!!!!! Yoda looks like hes the ultimate jedi buttkicker, ohh yaaa less than a week!!!!!!!!!

JEDIpartner
05-10-2002, 12:59 PM
Okay... it comes up as a bunch of script for me. Oh, well... no big deal. I think I would have been a little scared listening to those roars of delight from the "cowpokes" in the audience. This, my friends, is exactly why I didn't want to go on the first day the film is coming out.

R2-D2
05-10-2002, 01:01 PM
That was awesome! Cowpokes aside. It looks to be a great sequence in the movie.
R2

OriginalBryGuy
05-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Hmm..well, if it's not working try to do the 'right-click', 'save target as' and save it to your desktop, or just reload the page and select the link again. It should work..

Glad everyone is enjoying it! This movie is going to put an entirely new light on Yoda.

"Away put your weapon, I mean you no harm." Yoda, Empire...

Yea RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forhekset
05-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I saw that movie a few days ago. I thought Yoda fighting with a lightsabre was going to look cheesy but it looks surprisingly cool.

hango fett
05-10-2002, 10:07 PM
very cool! yoda is seriously PO'd at dooku! i love how he just moves his cloakc and the saber goes right into his hand! awsome scene!

Jedi Clint
05-10-2002, 10:48 PM
It was really nice watching that footage on a big screen projected digitally. :D

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 02:12 AM
I always knew there was more to the little green guy than we had guessed. Although this makes the events of Ep3 even more mysterious. I am wondering how Vader and Palpatine manage to escape with their lives with Yoda being such a master swordsman. Time will tell.

hango fett
05-11-2002, 04:43 PM
what happened to the post where someone had the link for the yoda fight scene? i know it was on here but can't find it! i think co-jo da had it.....HELP!!!!!

hango fett
05-11-2002, 06:49 PM
nevermind! i found it at episode x!

JediDan
05-12-2002, 05:22 PM
www.gonkdroid.com has it for download.

OriginalBryGuy
05-13-2002, 10:48 AM
I had it posted.

Here's the link

Episode II Footage from Celebration II (http://www.originalplots.com)

OriginalBryGuy
05-13-2002, 10:54 AM
For those that have been trying to find the link...

Celebration II Yoda Footage (http://www.originalplots.com)

Enjoy. It's the bomb!

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I always knew there was more to the little green guy than we had guessed. Although this makes the events of Ep3 even more mysterious. I am wondering how Vader and Palpatine manage to escape with their lives with Yoda being such a master swordsman. Time will tell.

Good point, but no matter how good a swordsman he is he couldn't take on a hundred stormtroopers at once. At some point, I'm sure he realizes that he can't win the battle alone and so he goes into hiding.

Strong is he with the Force; but not that strong...":)