PDA

View Full Version : How many Arena Playsets will you buy?

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 07:48 AM
I think I'll buy at least 4 and (they should've made four variations of the Playset, and have them be able to connect to one another).

Dryanta
05-04-2002, 07:56 AM
I can't say for sure right now.I need to see one in person before i decide.I really want moreplaysets but I'm not going to spend money on junk just to ensure future junk.See what I mean?

187-Maul
05-04-2002, 08:02 AM
probably none
I think it looks cool but I don't really have the money to afford it and I like making my own dioramas (although I probably won't make that scene)

Jargo
05-04-2002, 08:09 AM
More than one? That's crazy!!!! :crazed: Either you have a football field to display things in or you sleep standing up. Why would you actually want four of those hunks of oddness? I know you said that you'd connect them but they'd all be the same. Surely you'd be better canvassing hasbro to make an extension piece or two for it? Joining sections to properly extend the playset that wouldn't just be a repetition of the balcony section and doors. The card extension piece that comes with the playset is really cheap and nasty looking and should be plastic like the rest of the set. There are two smaller plastic termite mound looking bits at the ends of the card extension but they hardly constitute arena walls. Some kind of extra add on section would be better.
I should say that I'm not intending to buy the playset as of now but I have to see more pictures first before finally deciding. I want to see the back because there's supposed to be a droid factory there or something and I want to see if it's good or not. Or is that piece they showed at Toyfair with the conveyor belt and hammer arm the factory section? Is that going to be it apart from the bit that comes with deluxe C-3PO? Enquiring minds want to know.......

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 08:12 AM
True, I probably can't afford 4 anyway.

I hope the Factory is on the other side, I read somewhere that it is.

stillakid
05-04-2002, 10:32 AM
How many arena's are there in the movie?

No wait, don't tell me until the 18th!

QLD
05-04-2002, 10:43 AM
maybe 1.....maybe. I've never been much of one for the playsets. Though if well done I could easily see myself going for it.

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 11:39 AM
There's only 1 Arena, but the Playset isn't the whole Arena.

2-1B
05-04-2002, 11:47 AM
I will buy zero. :)

rosel_sampson
05-04-2002, 11:58 AM
im not shure how manny ill buy. how manny do i need to have a life size arena?

Jaina Solo
05-04-2002, 12:24 PM
Uh, none? I think the playsets are usually lame, and if I'm going to put a movie scene together at all, I'd rather do my own.

pthfnder89
05-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
True, I probably can't afford 4 anyway.

I hope the Factory is on the other side, I read somewhere that it is.

There is supposed to be a Factory and a Hangar Playset to go with it. I believe they're supposed to connect to each other also.:)

I'll probably get the Arena. But I'm waiting until I actuallly see it in the box. I waited for MONTHS on the two Ep1 playsets after I saw them on SirStevesGuide.com, and I preordered them from TRU 4 months before they were out.

Then I get home and open the worst pieces of crap I've EVER wasted my money on!

Well actually, the Geneerator one wasn't horrible, it just wasn't very good either. But whoever created that Hangar playset should be dragged out and shot for creating such an offensive toy:frus: