PDA

View Full Version : Yoda's species addressed in Ep3?

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 02:34 PM
This comes from www.theforce.net from Celebration II.

McCallum stated that in Episode III, Yoda's species would be addressed. He didn't elaborate on how or why.

Maybe Dagobah is Yoda's homeplanet?

Beast
05-04-2002, 03:09 PM
Speculation on Yoda's species is that he is a Whills, since in the very first version of the Star Wars novel there was a excerpt from somthing called the "Journal of the Whills." It talked about how the Emperor came to power, and stuff like that. I can't find my copy now to get the exact information. :( Here is part of the Journal of the Whills that I could dig up online. :)

"... and in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as The Son of The Suns."

Journal of the Whills, 3:127

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Thankfully I found it posted here, big thanks to Big Barada who posted it just a couple of days ago. Here is a link to his post, that has the original prologue to the very first Star Wars movie adaption novel from 1976 in it. Enjoy. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7262

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-04-2002, 03:30 PM
Cool where kind I get this novel or is it very rare?

Beast
05-04-2002, 03:33 PM
It's somewhat rare, and hard to find in good condition. It was only in print in 1976. After ANH opened, the novel was redone and the prologue removed, I believe. Of course I'm not 100% sure about that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 12:49 AM
The prologue I posted was from the recent reprinting of the collected OT trilogy novels. You can find it in any bookstore, plus I think Wal-Mart has all the old movie novels in paperback form for sale now. I'm not sure if it was ever rewritten but I used to have one of the first printings of the novel and I don't remember it being any different.