PDA

View Full Version : Sell accessories!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-04-2002, 08:05 PM
I'm not talking about those Accessory Sets like from Episode I. I'm talking about replacement accessories. Iv'e lost a couple of weapons and I don't wanna go out and buy another figure. I want to buy replacement blasters/lightsabers from Hasbro.

187-Maul
05-05-2002, 07:19 AM
great idea
hasbro should release some Jedi sets with different lightsabers and some imperial sets with blasters and rifles, I would love to have some more POTF2 carded sandtrooper rifles for some customized sandtroopers and some more imp. blasters for my CT stormies

InsaneJediGirl
05-05-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
I'm not talking about those Accessory Sets like from Episode I. I'm talking about replacement accessories. Iv'e lost a couple of weapons and I don't wanna go out and buy another figure. I want to buy replacement blasters/lightsabers from Hasbro.

That would be so nice.I'd like 'em released like this:

Lightsabers
2-Blue
2-Red
2-Green
2-Purple

Blasters
-10 from POTF2
-10 from POTJ
-10 from Saga

Maybe even some Ewok accessories.Hopefully,if Hasbro ever did this it wouldnt exceed $3...I mean they are just little pieces of plastic!

QLD
05-05-2002, 11:30 PM
I would like to see more accessory sets.

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 01:02 AM
I want better accessory sets, not the junky gimmicky ones from Ep 1 but REAL quality accessories.

SNAYSON
05-06-2002, 09:20 AM
that is a good idea! Hasbro should look into selling assecories and possible other movie props for the star wars figures and vehicles like guns, rifles, lightsabers and tools. :p

187-Maul
05-07-2002, 09:29 AM
I have to agree JT the Episode 1 sets were pretty silly (I mean the droid-missile firer or the naboo rope backpack for example) although the weapons and unpainted lightsabers were a good start, I like the lightsabers unpainted even more cause you can decide yourself how you wanna paint it and don't got to hace another Qui/Obi lightsaber

2-1B
05-07-2002, 03:22 PM
Yes, I agree that the Episiode I sets were silly for the most part. But right now I am digging through and using the lkightsabers on my arena Jedi: Plo, Kit, and Nikto all have 2 sabers to wield! Even the unignited ones are cool. :)

I almost want to throw out these Naboo grappling hook and aqua backpacks.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-07-2002, 07:35 PM
The 2nd wave of E1 accessory packs were awesome!!! I managed to get two out of four. The Hyperdrive and the Tatooine pack. Does anyone know where i can get the other two?

Also, i probably have 2-3 each of all the wave 1 sets, since they were blowing them out here for $2 each.

:D

187-Maul
05-08-2002, 12:52 PM
yeah DMSL I got the underwater set about a year ago at bartsmit for 5 hfl
I used the aqua backpack for a tatooine civilian
I made him from luke hoth and put the poncho from the tat. pack on him - then I put the aqua backpack on him (without the goggles) and gave him the long rifle from the tat. pack
he looks pretty cool as a normal guy - I think you can see him at the bar in the diorama pic I posted a coule of months ago
I repainted the naboo backpack in a silver/black color which actually looks pretty cool now

darthvyn
05-19-2002, 05:33 PM
i just thought of something that would be really cool... now that all the blades for the lightsabers are detatchable, they should make different shapes for them... if you look at any of the movies during the duels, the blades, when in motion, are wedge shaped, not skinny and straight. if they made all the colors in the wedge shape (regular sized base, wider and squared off top) the jedi would all look too bad-@$$! it would look like a freeze frame of the movie... just a thought (and a really cool one, if i do say so myself...)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-19-2002, 07:49 PM
That's pretty neat! It would look as if they were "swinging"!!! Nice thinking! From now on Hasbro should include a normal and an "action" blade.

:D

Croaker
05-20-2002, 07:43 AM
I defintely want more lightsabers in an accessory pack.
I broke one of HD Anakins taking him out of the packaging.

lunchymeatball
05-20-2002, 08:15 AM
Good idea
I need a Jawa blaster because my hoover ate it
Also maybe they could do a complete Ben Kenobi "Tatooine pensioner" acessory set comprising of; unislipper, bingo card w/pen and pipe because after a good days making sandcastles on the retirement resort of Tatooine Ben loves nothing more than a good Sit down and a game of bingo:D
I do really need a jawa blster though

darthvyn
05-20-2002, 10:23 AM
so, yeah... obviously i've dubbed my idea "motion blades." i think this is a really cool idea. everyone needs to support this thing, and maybe they will actually be made. i was also thinking they should come with some random lightsaber hilts, so the poor jedi taht came before detachable blades can be in on the fun, too. spread the word, spread the love! support "motion blades!"

DeadEye
05-22-2002, 09:11 PM
I second the movement for motion blades!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Me too!!!

I also want sets with Imperial Issue Blasters 1995 edition!!! Without these, i won't buy the Troop Builder sets. The floppy rifles SUCK!!!

:)

underdog25
05-24-2002, 09:29 AM
It wouldn't be THAT hard for Hasbro to re-issue old weapons. They already have the molds. It would just be a production and marketing issue. As for cost, you know they would be expensive. I bet that they would do a FAO Shwartz exclusive on at 10 pack of Imperial Blasters. It would be limited to 500 sets and cost $50. I can see it now. What a mess.

Eternal Padawan
05-24-2002, 09:50 AM
I really liked the cloth cloaks from the Episode 1 Accessory packs. I but the brown Jedi robe on my POTJ Old Ben Kenobi figure. And I put the black Sith robe on my Jedi Luke. If they cranked out a bunch of soft goods for my SAGA Jedi that would be cool.

Actually, if they made Jedi with SAGA Bespin Luke style articulation in the knees and soft good robes, then they could sit in a council or whupass in an arena battle. Look Hasbro! More fun for my dollar!

darthvyn
05-24-2002, 10:36 AM
FAO schwartz would never do an exclusive right now, with how many stores they just closed...

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:52 PM
I guess you forgot about the $125 Imperial Shuttle.

FAO: "Think we can make them pay $125?"
Hasbro: "Sure, those dumbasses pay for every stupid hump of plastic we put out!"
FAO: "Does it have pack-ins or electronics?"
Hasbro: "Are you kidding? Took us long enough to run down two stairs and get the old mold from the basement!"

:(

darthvyn
05-24-2002, 08:49 PM
why do you think they just closed all those stores? lol...