PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had'em all but 1!!!!!

acidious
05-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Hey all,
I was cruisin' through logging my collection when I noticed a few POTJ's that I never thought made it but there were release notes and values for them. These are:
Take apart C-3PO
Amidala, Obi,& Nute holo's
& Lott Dodd
I'm sure I didn't miss'em, but whassup??:confused:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by acidious
[B]I was cruisin' through logging my collection when I noticed a few POTJ's that I never thought made it but there were release notes and values for them. These are:
Take apart C-3PO
Amidala, Obi,& Nute holo's
& Lott Dodd

Well, there was a POTF2 Limbs Threepio.
There were those Wal*Mart glowing Qui-Gon and Maul "figures." (don't know about Amidala or the others)
Lott Dodd was mentioned in the initial May 3 release but never made as far as I know.

Might be an error. Old data. Pay it no mind.

acidious
05-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Thanks, whew!
Paying no mind

jedi_uk73
05-05-2002, 12:55 PM
None of those figures made it to the production stage.

As quoted by Bel-Cam Jos, only Darth Maul & Qui-Gonn made it to hologram status.

Lott Dodd is apparently going to be made in the saga range but as a normal figure not hologram.

acidious
05-05-2002, 10:58 PM
I see what has transpired and am closer to understanding the force!
The holos weren't even that good. I have the Maul. Should have made them like they made the Damaged Vader, only a bit more transluscent.
And Lott Dodd's only other toy appearance was the Taco Bell wind-up, right?

Thanks to CoolJoe for working on my missing Imp. Officer(Yoda waiting) and Toolshed for looking into the Dooku. Hope things work out for us. Keep me posted, fellas.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure, but there might've been a MicroMachines (RIP) Lott Dodd figure. That restaurant toy was a Pizza Hut wind-up one, I believe.

And Amidala wasn't really shown in hologram form in the film, right? She was on a viewscreen, seen in color, talking to Nute Gunray. So Hasbro, if you were going to make a holo figure of her, "You are... mistaken."

Characters/things seen in hologram form in TPM:
D.Sidious
N.Gunray
Rune Haako
D.Maul
Sio Bibble
Queen's ship
Scematic of Theed palace
Sen. Palpatine

Any others?

Edit: I guess you could add =
"A cup" "A speeder" "A ship" that Anakin said.
I don't think OOM-9 was a hologram, but he talked to Nute (and Rune?) as holos.

acidious
05-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Maybe OOM-9, but I think I'm wrong.

JEDIpartner
05-07-2002, 11:25 PM
The Qui-Gon hologram wasn't so bad even though it was one solid piece of plastic. I currently have him in my Jedi Spirits cinema scene... just so I can buck the LFL "law". :D

stillakid
05-08-2002, 11:30 PM
Wasn't there a Carded Sidious Holgram figure? I never found that one myself but have the one that came on a light-up base. As far as I know, that's the only figure I didn't get (except for the Theater Giveaway Luke which I just made a deal for!). Anybody know where to get one?

2-1B
05-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The Qui-Gon hologram wasn't so bad even though it was one solid piece of plastic. I currently have him in my Jedi Spirits cinema scene... just so I can buck the LFL "law". :D

Wonderful idea! :D I wish I had thought of it, I only bought Maul on clearance because he appeared that way in the movie. :(

Originally posted by stillakid
Wasn't there a Carded Sidious Holgram figure? I never found that one myself but have the one that came on a light-up base. As far as I know, that's the only figure I didn't get (except for the Theater Giveaway Luke which I just made a deal for!). Anybody know where to get one?

You're correct, there was a Holo Sideous offered on card. I kinda regret trading my only one, I guess I expected to find another one which I never did. Same goes for my Pit Droids 2pack but I don't care about that one. You'll really have to dig around to find one, if you buy one outright it could cost you at least $20.
Someone else just started this thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7302) in search of one. Perhaps he can share any results of his hunt. :)

BTW congrats on the Theater Luke find!

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 01:16 AM
Dig around to find one? The POTJ figs are all but gone in my area, except for that R5 unit and BoShek that I saw and snatched today.

2-1B
05-09-2002, 01:39 AM
Sideous Holo is Episode I, not POTJ.
I meant "dig around" as in web searches and secondary market contacts. :) It will take some extra looking to find a good deal.

Plenty of Takeels on the pegs here. :D