PDA

View Full Version : Neimoidians in RotJ?

Darth Nihilus
05-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know the name of Palpatine's two 'advisers' in Return of the Jedi? It just seemed to me that both their posture and costumes are near identical to those of Rune Haako and Nute Gunray from TPM.

Pendo
05-05-2002, 02:05 PM
I don't think they are neimodians although their clothes DO look similar. I remember reading their names somewhere but I cant get them off the tip of my tongue (or finger tips) at the moment. I'll try and dig them up from somewhere for you.

PENDO!

Darth Nihilus
05-05-2002, 03:29 PM
I know they aren't Neimoidians, it's just the similarities in costume design and their postures was uncanny. Perhaps Lucas wanted Neimoidians in the OT but didn't think they could be done convincingly?

Beast
05-05-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
I know they aren't Neimoidians, it's just the similarities in costume design and their postures was uncanny. Perhaps Lucas wanted Neimoidians in the OT but didn't think they could be done convincingly?
There are Neimoidians in the OT, from a certain point of view. The 2 Duros aliens from the Cantina in ANH, their species is distant relation to the Neimodian species. Here is the info from the official Star Wars website. :)

Though they call Neimoidia home, Neimoidians can trace their ancestry to the ancient Duros spacefaring culture. The two share a striking similarity in appearance, but their personalities could not be more distant. While the Duros are a gregarious, expressive and adventurous lot, the Neimiodians seal themselves away from others, preferring to let droids do their talking.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Nihilus
05-06-2002, 04:25 AM
OK, that's begs another question - what Duros aliens?

Beast
05-06-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
OK, that's begs another question - what Duros aliens?
Fan Choice Figure #1, Ellors Madek is a Duros. There is another one also in the cantina, named Baniss Keeg.

Ellors Madek (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/ellorrs.jpg)

Baniss Keeg (http://web.qx.net/red6/aliens/cantina1/baniss.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
05-06-2002, 02:56 PM
One of the advisors is named Sate Pestage and handles the day-to-day business of the Empire. Dunno if the other was named or not.

Taichi
05-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Yeah, he has a name.....

I'll post it when I get home from school.....

Darth Nihilus
05-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Jar Jar.

icatch9
05-07-2002, 02:10 PM
That Duros relationship is interesting. That may explain why one Duros in the OT has huge hands, and the other has normal hands. Of course I am sure plastic surgery exists in the SW Universe.