PDA

View Full Version : Adult T-Shirts?

Sidiously Darth
05-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Has anyone come across adult sized t-shirts for AOTC? I've seen tons of kids shirts but nothing for us big kids. What's the deal?

InsaneJediGirl
05-05-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey Sid,

I looked at WM yesterday and I saw a TON of preschool short/shirt SW sets but when I looked through the Mens department there was nothing.Maybe they arent doing "big kid" shirts this time around.

Forhekset
05-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Yeah, what up with that. I want a Clonetrooper shirt!

Obi-Don
05-06-2002, 12:40 AM
I haven't been able to find any either. Whats the deal? I was hoping to wear one to the movie. I guess I will have to wear one of my old ones.

nixxer
05-06-2002, 01:52 AM
I have not found any shirts or posters either.

Pendo
05-06-2002, 08:56 AM
I've not found any shirts yet either. Maybe its because I live in the UK and we never get anything here. If anyone from the UK sees any AOTC shirts would you please tell me where you seen them, thanx.

PENDO!

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 11:24 AM
I have yet to see any at Wal Mart or Target, but usually Suncoast carries the adult shirts. I havent been by one lately, but I bet that they would have something. If they dont now, they should by the time the movie is released.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2002, 11:26 AM
Remember when Lucas said he wanted his products to be wholesome, so he would only sell sugar-free candy or something? Well, maybe he's read all the newspaper articles that Americans are overweight, and he wants us all to fit into children's large size clothes!

Or, he hates the fans who buy the movie tickets and merchandise.

:p :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2002, 11:31 AM
He could hate us, but then where would his money come from??

Taichi
05-08-2002, 08:07 AM
I'm sorry, but after some people reach a certain age, they should refrain from wearing Star Wars T-Shirts.....

I'm not saying that SW Clothing is completely Verboten, but you should limit it to a tie at work, or a baseball cap......something that doesn't scream "Hey look at the Dorkus"......

I don't mean to offend, but I've just seen too many unattractive human specimens with their "Obey the Dark Side" shirts stretched beyond all comprehensable limits across their ever widening girth........and it repulses me......

but, The way I see it........you're only young once.....go for it!!!, that is, if you have a decent physique! :D

InsaneJediGirl
05-08-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Remember when Lucas said he wanted his products to be wholesome, so he would only sell sugar-free candy or something?

Hey,dont knock Sugar-Free candy until you try it.:D It tastes rather good,in my opinion.

As for the shirts..my new theory is that since Lucasfilm wanted to cut hype..they just wont have T-Shirts.My solution-Wear the Lays Chip bags:eek: (Please refrain from doing that..:eek:,its only a joke):D

r2dee2
05-08-2002, 10:49 AM
I found adult AOTC T-shirts at Media Play/Suncoast yesterday, along with some other limited edtion items.....mugs, banks and a clock. I saw two styles of T-shirt, both black. One has Dooku and the other has Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Mace.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Taichi
I'm not saying that SW Clothing is completely Verboten, but you should limit it to a tie at work, or a baseball cap......something that doesn't scream "Hey look at the Dorkus"......
Uh, the correct term this year is "Hey, look at the Dooku!" :D

InsaneJediGirl, I wasn't making a joke. I seem to recall Lucas making that rule back in the Classic Trilogy days. Sugar-free candy is great! (With lots of sugar on top! Mmm... )

Well, with shirts not too easy to find, I may have to break out my Jedi costume from TPM's opening. Take that, Taichi! :rolleyes: I'm trying to be young twice!

scruffziller
06-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by r2dee2
I found adult AOTC T-shirts at Media Play/Suncoast yesterday, along with some other limited edtion items.....mugs, banks and a clock. I saw two styles of T-shirt, both black. One has Dooku and the other has Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Mace.
I went to my Suncoast, Gadzooks, Spencers, I could not find anything myself. ANyone found anything online where to order?

r2dee2
06-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Media Play (http://www.mediaplay.com//)

darthvyn
06-29-2002, 07:39 PM
if you have a "tees me" store in a mall near you, you might be able to find a black shirt with the imp symbol with a clonetrooper helmet in the middle... i think it says something like "got clones?" or maybe just "clonetrooper" on it... i don't remember what it says, i know it says something...

BoShek
06-29-2002, 09:20 PM
I got a Jango Fett shirt at K Mart a few weeks ago. They had about four or five different designs; however they had hardly any extra large.

Darth Shifty
07-01-2002, 12:44 PM
I got this sweet Yoda T at Suncoast. By far, it's my favorite new shirt.

This pics kinda makes it hard to read. Yoda says, "there is no try, only do."

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Hey, that's an awesome shirt Darth Shifty. I'll have to check out Suncoast....

DahrJin
07-01-2002, 04:17 PM
Media Play, an entertainment store for those of you who don't already know. had BMX style SW jerseys. Not alot of AOTC but the Vader one was sweet. Only thing is, I will not pay their $49.99 price for one.