PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Wave is here!

broctoon
05-05-2002, 02:25 PM
I just picked up a bunch of the 2nd wave figures at a Wal-Mart, and I must say that they look great! I got Orn Free Ta, Final Battle Jang, Bespin Vader, Qui-Gon and Endor Rebel Trooper. I just wish they would have had the Bespion Luke. The only one that I wasn't excited about was the Qui-Gon, but I knew before hand that it wasn't a good fig. The Orn Free Ta is my favorite, it's great sculpt, and just an all-around cool figure.

So keep an eye out for the new figs. They are out there!

neimoidian85
05-05-2002, 02:31 PM
Scan of carded Orn Free Taa?

broctoon
05-05-2002, 02:42 PM
let me hook my scanner up to my laptop, and I'll have that scan for ya! :)

broctoon
05-05-2002, 03:01 PM
Here ya go. Happy Hunting! :D

Oops. I mispelled "Wal-Mart" on the scan. Oh well.

Forhekset
05-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Nice haul.

LTBasker
05-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Is it just me or does Orn Fre Taa have a really close resemblence to the Clown from Spawn? :D

Nice finds, the Endor Rebel very good?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Man, what a creepy looking fat dude! I bet his a-- looks like 300 lbs. of chewed bubble gum!

broctoon
05-05-2002, 04:13 PM
Ya know, I didn't think of the Clown resemblance till someone else mentioned it. Now when I look at him, I totally see it.

As for the Endor Rebel Trooper, he's pretty good. He's not quite as good as I had hoped, but I think the non-bearded version looks better anyways. A pretty solid figure though. :)

mark2d2
05-05-2002, 04:37 PM
For reason that totally escape me, I totally want this figure . . . I guess it's just because he's so bizarre . . . Blue and Bloated, he's just . . . well . . . kinda cool.

2-1B
05-05-2002, 05:22 PM
I'm excited that OFT is out already, I thought it would be another month or so.

Nice finds, looks like I have a bit of hunting to do! :)

SirSteve
05-05-2002, 05:33 PM
I posted detailed pics of this wave. Check the home page.

AT-AT Man
05-05-2002, 07:34 PM
does anyone know or have you seen the massif, i want that bad.

Darth Detori
05-05-2002, 08:28 PM
AH! I HATE YOU ALL! I searched at every shopping center within, like, 40 miles or more and I came up with SQUAT.
dammit. I really want every single figure in collection one wave three. The rest I could go without, but I still want them.

oh, and you gotta love Toyfare's caption for Orn Free-taa where he's saying "Pudding!"

Beast
05-05-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
AH! I HATE YOU ALL! I searched at every shopping center within, like, 40 miles or more and I came up with SQUAT.
dammit. I really want every single figure in collection one wave three. The rest I could go without, but I still want them. oh, and you gotta love Toyfare's caption for Orn Free-taa where he's saying "Pudding!"
Darth Detori, chill dude. Take some meds or somthing. :D The figures just started showing up, and depending on your area it could be a few days or even a week before they hit the shelves. You must learn patience. Your ally it is. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

broctoon
05-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man

Someone must have beaten me to the all Massifs, as that is the only one from the Qui-Gon Wave that I missed out on according to the pics on the fron page. I went to a different Wal-Mart this evening, and found Mace, so I think the only one I'm missing from that wave is the Bespin Luke(which is the one I want the most). Are there any other in that wave besides Darth, Luke, Mace and Jango- 'cause that's what I've found (besides the Luke).

DrewDewce
05-06-2002, 08:30 PM
I hit Wal-Mart and Target this evening in KY and found nothing. Hell, I'm still looking for Dooku, and now some of these are out too??? Geez.

Thanks for the heads up tho!

DarthMushy
05-06-2002, 09:49 PM
Where are you in KY?

Orn Free Taa
05-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man

Yep. The entire Wave 4 (collections 1 & 2) hit the pallettes for stock around 10:00 PM Sunday night in the North Houston area (Wal Mart). Not all of the stores are putting them out yet, though. One location, I had to plead with the manager to keep my set of 7 (would've had all 8, but the Collection 1 case was badly damaged in shipping and all the Darths were trashed) that I salvaged from one of "his" pallettes. He let me keep the 7, but promptly picked up all the cases and put them in back because there was "no room" to put them out. :rolleyes:. Went to two more locations, both of them had more than one case of each. I got my set plus some extras to trade. Went back to a couple locations at lunch today, and they still had all of them available (I even helped a lady pick out one of each of the new ones, and she only came looking for a Yoda, which was there, too - my good deed for the day :)).

"He will LEARN patience."

Happy hunting!

187-Maul
05-07-2002, 07:58 AM
man we haven't even got collection 2 in our toysrus' and you guys already get col. 3 !?! not fair:mad:
oh well I will have to learn patience...:D

Orn Free Taa
05-07-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
man we haven't even got collection 2 in our toysrus' and you guys already get col. 3 !?! not fair:mad:
oh well I will have to learn patience...:D

Collection 3 isn't out yet. These are still collection 1 & 2 in Wave 4 (4 of each). So don't panic just yet. :)

DrewDewce
05-07-2002, 08:47 PM
Nothing in Kentucky (or at least Louisville) yet. Of course, I've not seen any "rare" figs at TRU, but did find Yoda and HD Anakin at K-Mart of all places today.

DarthMushy
05-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Nothing in Lexington KY either, Drew.

In fact, one Wal-Mart here restocked their shelves... with the same old figures.

Darth Detori
05-07-2002, 10:30 PM
NH checking in.
Nashua Target had a Mace and a Jango- I got the last ones. The guy there told me that they were getting a shipment in tonight though, so there should be more stuff tomorrow