PDA

View Full Version : KMart scratch-off promo pays off!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 06:21 PM
IMO KMart has been the most heinous retailer to find SW stuff. I've never found anything good there except for once they had a Battle Amidala. Their prices are higher then all others except for KB and their selection is laughable.

This past week has changed all that with the scratch-off promo. It's about the best thing they could have done outside of stocking tons of Dookus or having a buy-one-get-one sale.

I found the clone trooper and Zam there, two typically HTF figures, and bought them cause I wanted an extra to open. I got two cards which both had $2 off any SW lego set. Thus, I was able to get the Jedi Duel and Tusken Encounter for $6 each since they were already on sale for 20% off.

With the sale of the Lego sets, I got another card (only one this time; that stingy customer service skank!) for buy two figures, get a free lightsaber. I figure I would take the first two figures back, buy another two and get the free LS. I went to one KMart, but they didn't have any in stock. Another KMart also didn't have any, but they also didn't even have a peg space for them. After talking with a supervisor about it, he found out that not one KMart received the lightsabers yet (I don't know if he was referring to our area or the whole chain). So instead of the lightsaber he said he would give me one free figure! He took me to the back where they had more stocked, and I ended up finding the whole BoShek wave.

Then when I checked out, the cashier gave me a huge stack of the scratch-offs and said "Here, take a stack. I'll never get rid of them at this rate." Well, I didn't get a poster or then grand prize, but I did get another lego coupon, so I got the Cloud Car for $6 instead of $10.

I hope they can keep it up. It would be nice to have another source besides TRU, WM, and Target.

2-1B
05-05-2002, 06:26 PM
I've been delinquent in not checking out K-Mart, I haven't gone since before the AOTC toys came out. Are their Lego sales pretty frequent? That's probably what I would buy there. :)

Maybe I'll get lucky and find an Orn Free Ta . . .

Beast
05-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Cool MC, I have had no luck with that game. I was hoping to get some coupons for buy 3 figures, get a free deluxe figure. And in the last 6 cards I got from there, 5 of them was the lame, "Buy the Game of Life, get a 100 piece puzzle free". :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
05-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
And in the last 6 cards I got from there, 5 of them was the lame, "Buy the Game of Life, get a 100 piece puzzle free". :(

What can I say. Thats the game of life. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Cool MC, I have had no luck with that game. I was hoping to get some coupons for buy 3 figures, get a free deluxe figure. And in the last 6 cards I got from there, 5 of them was the lame, "Buy the Game of Life, get a 100 piece puzzle free". :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, I got 5 of those, 3 of the three figs and 1 deluxe, and one $2 off the comforter thing.

If you want, I can send you a 3 fig/1 free deluxe coupon.

Beast
05-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Yeah, I got 5 of those, 3 of the three figs and 1 deluxe, and one $2 off the comforter thing. If you want, I can send you a 3 fig/1 free deluxe coupon.
That would be cool, I'll PM you my address. Thanks Mandalorian Candidate. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-05-2002, 07:02 PM
So where do you get these scratch off things? I bought a couple of figures from K-Mart two days ago and didn't get anything. :mad: Wonder if I can take my reciept back and get some.

Beast
05-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
So where do you get these scratch off things? I bought a couple of figures from K-Mart two days ago and didn't get anything. :mad: Wonder if I can take my reciept back and get some.
They should have given them to you in the checkout line, unless they were out of them or forgot. You may wanna check at the front desk next time you stop in. When I got mine the other day she had a large pile of them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2002, 08:06 PM
My K-Mart experiences with the cards have been so-so. Only one I've used was the Buy 2 Figs Get a Free Lightsaber (I could choose purple or none); others have been the same Game of Life and a Puzzle downers. I have Jango, Obi-Wan, R2/Threepio, and Anakin; what's the 5th card character? Padme? Yoda? Dooku? I forget.
I, too wanted the Buy 3 Deluxe get one free; no luck. But "free" stuff for buying things I'd buy anyways is cool (as long as they keep the $5.99 [or less! ] prices).

Dak Powers
05-06-2002, 03:14 AM
It's Padme. And damn does she look hot in it, too.

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
After talking with a supervisor about it, he found out that not one KMart received the lightsabers yet (I don't know if he was referring to our area or the whole chain). It's not the whole chain, all of my local Kmarts have had a few of the basic sabers for quite a while - but they're popular with the kids since they're so playable, so you end up tripping over them in the odd locations (again, in my area anyway).

JJB, I got 2 or 3 of that card from my first visit to Kmart during the game, the visit where I bought the last Deluxe figure I wanted!!! How's that for irony?

Beast
05-06-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
JJB, I got 2 or 3 of that card from my first visit to Kmart during the game, the visit where I bought the last Deluxe figure I wanted!!! How's that for irony?
Well isn't that just a kick in the pants. Well, hopefully the Deluxe Anakin and Geonosian and the Deluxe Nexu will be out before the coupons expire. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ConvergeDW
05-06-2002, 01:16 PM
I went to my local K-mart at 7 am after the MM sale. All of their stock was still on pallates, and the one guy unlodaing gave me a full pack of the scratch off cards. My K-mart however lies under Penn station and charges $8.19 per figure so I have yet to redeem any of my great deals. As they do not participate in a any sales.

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 01:44 PM
I got a scratcher that was "buy any 2 basic Episode II figures and recieve any Episode II Deluxe Figure for free."

Hello Free Deluxe C3PO ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
05-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Wonderboy
I got a scratcher that was "buy any 2 basic Episode II figures and recieve any Episode II Deluxe Figure for free."

Hello Free Deluxe C3PO ;)

Oh man. I didn't even think of using one of those coupons for figures yet to be released. I just assumed that KMart was just going to sell out of their stock and that would be it since they never have anything new. I hope they get the newer waves soon and the threepio set so I can put that puppy to use.

So far we have the following coupons:

LEGO: $2 off any SW set
HASBRO: Buy a Jedi Life, get a 100 pc. puzzle
HASBRO: Buy 2 basic figs, get a basic lightsaber
HASBRO: Buy 3 basic figs, get a deluxe figure
HASBRO: Buy 2 basic figs, get a deluxe figure (from Wonderboy's post above)
$2 off a lightsaber twin comforter
First prize: EP2 movie poster
Grand prize: Lifesize R2 and C-3PO

Is that it?

LTBasker
05-06-2002, 04:57 PM
What ever happened to that case deal thing at K-Mart? Wasn't it supposed to have the first 14 figures? Does that mean you'd get 14 of the cards? :D

When is the card thing supposed to end? Great place to buy army builders if you can get stuff for free with them. If they have army builders that is...

Beast
05-06-2002, 05:04 PM
The card deal expires on 6/1/2002, or when supplies of the cards are exhausted. The coupons themselves expire on 6/30/2002. I just hope that I get a few more of the free deluxe figure ones, since thats the only things I really still need to buy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
05-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
What ever happened to that case deal thing at K-Mart? Wasn't it supposed to have the first 14 figures? Does that mean you'd get 14 of the cards? :D

I don't know if KMart still has the cases, but you can get them on www.bluelight.com (http://www.bluelight.com). There's a link on the home page to all the SW stuff, including the case. It's something like $89.99 making it about $6.50 a figure.

I don't know if bluelight.com will send out a scratch card for the case, but they will for Legos, as well as the Lego poster.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-15-2002, 12:12 AM
Another good deal from the KMart sale and scratch-off coupon promo.

I went into a KMart today and found 2 BoSheks and 1 R4 figure. I also found the last Jango Fett regular figure (I wanted one more to open). I was able to convince the lady at the customer service desk to give me the BOGO1/2O deal even though the POTJ figures weren't included in the sale. I then shoved a deluxe Mace with the three figures/1 deluxe free coupon in her face (well, not literally) and got her to give me that freebie too, even though the coupon says it's only for EP2 figures.

All in all, I got four figures and a deluxe one for about $20. Not too bad. :D

bigbarada
05-15-2002, 04:42 AM
The K-Mart over here never had the scratch off cards. I'm thinking the manager or someone basically took them all and told the customers they ran out.:mad::frus: What a pointless promotion!

DrewDewce
05-15-2002, 07:33 AM
I used my buy 3 get a deluxe fig free the other day to buy the 4 figs I'd been putting off (C-3PO, Battle Droid, Jar Jar, Tusken Raider) got them buy one get one 1/2 off and got the Mace Windu deluxe fig for free. 5 figs for $22 doesn't suck.

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 03:07 PM
After my first few K-mart runs I have gotten nothing but "Buy 2 get a free lightsaber", but they ran out of lightsabers a long time ago. oooh, the cruel hand of fate...

Maybe I'll try MC's whine strategy... ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
05-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
After my first few K-mart runs I have gotten nothing but "Buy 2 get a free lightsaber", but they ran out of lightsabers a long time ago. oooh, the cruel hand of fate...

Maybe I'll try MC's whine strategy... ;)

Make sure you serve it up with some cheese. :) Seriously I think if you get the right person (just make sure you exude friendliness) they'll extend the same free figure discount. I've yet to see a KMart with a basic lightsaber, so what's wrong with suggesting an alternative?

Taichi
05-15-2002, 07:26 PM
I got one of the buy three get a deluxe free......

maybe I should go get a free Mace......

Mandalorian Candidat
05-16-2002, 06:18 PM
It looks like the ones in my area are out of the cards. I was hoping to get another $2 off Lego coupon. If anyone has one they don't want, please send me a PM. I'd love to get another coupon.

Taichi, I'd get the Mace too. I think it's the best of the Deluxe figures. Jango would have been much better with a removable helmet and working holsters like it has in the regular figure.