PDA

View Full Version : Ewwww! What's the point in making a new Qui-Gonn if he's gonna suck this bad?!?

Dexter
05-05-2002, 06:56 PM
Found the new Qui-Gonn at Wal-Mart today, the only new figure they had. Lots of Royal Guards, Luminaras, and Taun Wes, though...

Anyway, he looks BAD. But not good-"BAD"... bad-BAD. The head sculpt isn't right at all. I mean, I can tell who it was and all, but I also *knew* that it was Qui-Gonn Jinn. The body is nothing special.

Unless the sculpt on this guy magically changes when you take it out of the package and becomes good, I'll be passing on this one and sticking to my old Episode 1 Qui-Gonns...

jblodgett
05-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Does the cloak/shoulders aspect look as bad in real life as it does in the Sir Steve's Guide pictures? I hate it when they make the plastic cloak and it doesn't even match up with the figures arms.

And are we about done with the Qui Gon Jinn figures now? I didn't particularly like him in the movie- and yet there are about 50 figures of him now.

mark2d2
05-05-2002, 09:07 PM
This has to be in my opinion -- the DUMBEST BIGGEST WASTE OF PLASTIC. Seriously, did anybody even like Qui Gon?

I don't get it.

They can't get off their dang butts to make us a decent R5-D4 --- and yet expect up to buy this?! ARRGHHHH! Don't get me started.

MikeAndTheBots
05-05-2002, 10:16 PM
I think they just made QGJ so that they could tie in the saga line with TPM. He was a stupif choice though, if they really wanted to tie it in now, they could have picked someone who has been over looked or given a crappy figure. Then again, there are a couple other TPM figures coming out later this year.

LTBasker
05-05-2002, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't of minded a resculpt of Ric Olie with soft goods and more accurate so he could git in the Naboo Fighter better and they could've packed-in R2-A6 since it's his droid and all that would be needed to make it would be a repaint of R2.

Lord Tenebrous
05-05-2002, 10:37 PM
I liked Qui-Gon, and though he was the best thing about TPM. Unfortunately, any sculpt of him has yet to fully impress me.

They should have inaugurated TPM into the Saga line with a handmaiden. Everybody loves handmaidens. :cool:

Battle Droid
05-05-2002, 10:41 PM
Pilot Battle Droid!

Darth_Growl
05-06-2002, 12:48 AM
You got that right: The figure sucks. I mean, I loved Qui Gon in the Phantom Menace; he was the only reason I liked the Phanton Menace. The only figure that I've seen come close to looking like Qui Gon was the one from the Tatooine showdown. That is among my favorite qui gon figures. He just looks sweet. :)

Wolfwood319
05-06-2002, 12:51 AM
I had high hopes for this figure because they have yet to make a good Qui-Gon. I think I'll get this one and customize him, maybe give him a Mos Espa Qui-Gon's head.

pthfnder89
05-06-2002, 10:38 AM
I usually stick up for Hasbro in most things. I think I'm pretty nice about trying to find the "good" aspects of figures instead of the bad. But judging from the pics I've seen, I honestly can't say there is ANYTHING about the new Qui Gon I like. :( I just think he looks like he was put together very sloppily and his cloak just looks awful.

JEDIpartner
05-06-2002, 11:44 AM
His face is too chubby looking and the overall pose is poo. They just got lazy (again) and went with something they had abandonned (with good reason) sometime ago. No more Qui-Gons!!! Give us some handmaidens. We have enough battle droids for the moment. The handmaiden was NEVER made.

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 02:01 PM
I agree about the Handmaidens...especially because they play a pretty big role in EP. II!

BRING OUT THE MAIDENS!!!!

Darth Ovori
05-06-2002, 02:07 PM
I think that it was originally meant to be a wet Kamino Obi-Wan...
I was looking at the belt buckle and boots and are very similar to Obi-Wan's...

Maybe it turned out horrible for a wet Obi and scarped it, and turned it into a quick made QGJ to fill in the space of an extra figure...

Just a theory...

JEDIpartner
05-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Actually... that is the same Qui-Gon that was to be part of a two-pack with, I think, a battle droid. It's the exact same scuplt as the one Hasbro planned for about the time POTJ was in development.

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 03:30 PM
The head is just MESSED up looking...what the hell were they thinking??? And his hair!!! What the HECK is that about???

one word...say it with me...LAME!

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah, this figure does look like a piece of junk, doesn't it?

Oh well, that's an extra $6 that I won't be spending on this, that I can use for another fig :D

DarthMaulSithLord
05-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Why is everyone bashing TPM? It was sweet and QUi-Gon rules! And yes, this figure does suck. I love the E1 Jedi Duel and Naboo figs tho'.

:)

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 07:44 PM
I thought TPM was ok too. And Qui-Gon was a great character, bummer he never got a chance to be developed more.

This figure however...yecch.

187-Maul
05-07-2002, 09:18 AM
this figure sucks!
the painted prototype with the BD looked perfect and I would have bought that one for sure but this...?
the best Qui's till now are the 3-Pack version and the EU from POTJ (although he isn't in the movie like that he just looks plain cool!)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-07-2002, 11:27 AM
The POTJ Qui-Gon's fatigues reminds me of Ramirez in Highlander.

:)