PDA

View Full Version : For crying out frickin loud! (Endor Rebel army builder set)

LTBasker
05-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Mark @ RS in a News Report
Here's the latest update on the Trooper head variations that were originally planned for the POTJ Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper. We can expect the first launch of this concept with the new Endor Rebel Soldiers, which features a clean and goateed head variant. It is uncertain at this point if Hasbro will reissue the previous POTJ troopers in the Saga assortment, since the line has slight stylistic differences and is an entirely new collection altogether. But the concept is certainly moving forward with future figures in the Saga line. The goateed soldier will be the first one released with the second version shipping out in a later assortment.

Hasbro also tells us that the Endor Rebel Soldier 4 Pack, which will be released through the Fan Club later this year, will be a reissued mold of the POTF2 Endor Rebel Soldier. The pricepoint will be the same as the Stormtrooper set at $19.99.

$20? $20? $20?!

White mailer box, baggie packaged figures, reissued mold for figures and accessories, and they want $20?!?!!? Some army-builder sets! If anyone builds a time-machine to go back to the TRU clearance sale...let me know. I know it's $5 a figure, but that just ain't right, these sets should just hardly pass $10.

:frus: :Pirate: :dead:

pthfnder89
05-06-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

$20? $20? $20?!

White mailer box, baggie packaged figures, reissued mold for figures and accessories, and they want $20?!?!!? Some army-builder sets! If anyone builds a time-machine to go back to the TRU clearance sale...let me know. I know it's $5 a figure, but that just ain't right, these sets should just hardly pass $10.

:frus: :Pirate: :dead:

It's pretty dumb. Granted $5 isn't too much, but considering what an old figure it is, and how easy it is to pick up some loose (or even carded) off Ebay or online retailers for much less than that...

At least the Stormies are very articulated and since they're helmeted it doesn't matter that they all have the same head.

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 12:06 PM
So, since they're a reissue of a POTF2 mold, does that mean they're all going to resemble steroid freaks? I don't remember what these guys looked like.

Lord Malakite
05-06-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
So, since they're a reissue of a POTF2 mold, does that mean they're all going to resemble steroid freaks? I don't remember what these guys looked like.

No, they are using the Commtech POTF2 mold.

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 01:26 PM
Oh, ok. I couldn't imagine that they were going to give people a bunch of He-Man looking troopers, but there was still a sliver of doubt somewhere in my mind. Plus I only really started collecting during Episode I so I'm kind of fuzzy on the specifics of the old lines.

RooJay
05-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Anybody noticed that the Fanclub member price is $17.99? Not such a bad deal at $4.50 a piece in my opinion! Maybe I'll take a moment to reconsider my decision to renew my membership. O.k. nevermind, it's still not worth the $2 I'd save by renewing! $5 a piece still ain't a bad price either!

MikeAndTheBots
05-06-2002, 03:56 PM
The old POTF2 endor rebel troopers were basically the hoth one's re-painted with a neew head right?

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 04:01 PM
I don't think $5 is so bad. I just hope all the army-builder and diorama guys don't buy them all up by ordering like 20 sets apiece before I can get some. I just want like 1 or 2 sets :(

Beast
05-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
The old POTF2 endor rebel troopers were basically the hoth one's re-painted with a neew head right?
No, it wasn't the same figure at all. In fact it's a pretty nice figure, and I think I will get a set or 2 of this. Hopefully they will do some different heads with the army building kit. Though It's always possible to do that yourself. Especially by headswapping the new Saga ERS heads on the POTF2 figure. And since the Saga ERS has removable helmets, you can use any figure head, to customize your troops. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MikeAndTheBots
05-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

No, it wasn't the same figure at all. In fact it's a pretty nice figure, and I think I will get a set or 2 of this. Hopefully they will do some different heads with the army building kit. Though It's always possible to do that yourself. Especially by headswapping the new Saga ERS heads on the POTF2 figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Wow, he was better looking than i remembered. I might pick up a pack of these. Maybe. I just can't wait for the ST 4-pack. One question though: I'm not a member of the fan club, but is there a way I can get a pack of two of the ST set?

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't need to be a member of the fan club to buy anything (except you save a couple bucks if you are), but as far as I know they're only selling the Stormies in sets of 4. Those are gonna be great.

MikeAndTheBots
05-06-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
I'm pretty sure you don't need to be a member of the fan club to buy anything (except you save a couple bucks if you are), but as far as I know they're only selling the Stormies in sets of 4. Those are gonna be great.
So you mean I have to buy four whole boxes, making it 16 figures and a $80 dollars?

stad
05-06-2002, 07:06 PM
No, four figures in one box.

MikeAndTheBots
05-06-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by stad
No, four figures in one box.
Oh ok, that's what i thought, I guess I inturpretted it wrong.

pthfnder89
05-06-2002, 11:23 PM

No, it wasn't the same figure at all. In fact it's a pretty nice figure, and I think I will get a set or 2 of this. Hopefully they will do some different heads with the army building kit.
It really is one of the nicest figures from POTF2. It actually stands u preally well to current figures.

But I actually already have three and I figures if I want more to customize, I'll buy some extra Saga Endor Troopers. They look even better to me, not to mention they have removable helmets *YAY!* and jointed elbows. And at Wawl-Mart, they will only be $0.88 more than the reissued POTF2 troop builder set.

The only way I'd buy the ones from the Fan Club is if they create new heads for them. :)

RooJay
05-06-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
The only way I'd buy the ones from the Fan Club is if they create new heads for them. :)
I'm thinking that too. I'd be apt to find it pretty pointless otherwise.

LTBasker
05-07-2002, 12:11 AM
if I want more to customize, I'll buy some extra Saga Endor Troopers. They look even better to me, not to mention they have removable helmets *YAY!* and jointed elbows.

I find the Endor Trooper today, not only do they have removeable helmets but also removeable packs AND their jacket sleeves are not molded on their arms so if you can also remove the giant jacket. They even resculpted the gun too...

Old Fossil
05-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Anyone else disappointed that among these new and reissued Endor rebel troopers, there is no sign of Hasbro making one of the guy with the big blonde beard?

LTBasker
05-07-2002, 05:29 PM
Well that guy (who was also the one to get into the Biker Scout armor) is up on the current fan choice poll but last I heard it was in last place...and they also didn't use the correct picture for the picture of the dude in uniform, 'course JJB e-mailed with the correct picture (he had to step in :D) so I dunno if they've corrected it or not. Probably not knowing Hasbro. :p

Beast
05-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Well that guy (who was also the one to get into the Biker Scout armor) is up on the current fan choice poll but last I heard it was in last place...and they also didn't use the correct picture for the picture of the dude in uniform, 'course JJB e-mailed with the correct picture (he had to step in :D) so I dunno if they've corrected it or not. Probably not knowing Hasbro. :p Yeah, I emailed them on it, what I got back I posted into the Fan Choice figure thread. But I will repost it here, as there is like 12 pages or more to go thru over there. I rather doubt Hasbro will bother to correct it at the moment. Not that it really matters, since the figure has a snowballs chance on Tatooine of winning.

What I sent:

Greetings,

I noticed you are running your Fan Choice figure #4 poll, but in the entry for the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout Disguise, you seem to have someone from your office, or somthing in the outfit. That is not what the charecter in the movie looked like. The one that wore the Biker Scout uniform was an older man with a beard. I am attaching a photograph from a cut scene of Return of the Jedi that shows Han Solo handing the Rebel Trooper his helmet. I hope that this gets corrected soon.

It looks like the Imperial Dignitary is going to win, but if you get decent numbers for Riekeen would there be a possibility of him being made as well, since he is a fan favorite. You have made other former fan choice losers as figures, Eeth Koth and Teemto Pagalies are examples. Thank you for your time.

What I got Back (Standard Form Letter):

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how much you enjoy our products.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I emailed them on it, what I got back I posted into the Fan Choice figure thread. But I will repost it here, as there is like 12 pages or more to go thru over there. I rather doubt Hasbro will bother to correct it at the moment. Not that it really matters, since the figure has a snowballs chance on Tatooine of winning.

JarJar, can you post that pic here for me? I know which trooper you're talking about but I never realized he dressed in the scout trooper disguise.

Thanks!:)

Beast
05-07-2002, 06:53 PM
JarJar, can you post that pic here for me? I know which trooper you're talking about but I never realized he dressed in the scout trooper disguise. Thanks!:)
Here is a link to the picture that BigBarada posted in the fan choice thread. You can clearly see it's the older blonde beared Endor Rebel Soldier. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=76508

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Very cool. Thanks for posting it JJB.