PDA

View Full Version : Dry As Anything???

GNT
09-09-2001, 12:13 AM
When Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan swim to the secret Gungan City, they go through the bubble and their clothes are dry after all that swimming?

Their hair isn't even wet,although Jar Jar does Shake abit after going throught,why aint they wet?

Another error? Thoughts?

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 12:18 AM
I think we've covered this one before.

The Gungan force field that keeps out all the water also acts as a squeegee, squeezing most of the water from their bodies leaving them only slightly damp.

Fulit
09-09-2001, 12:19 AM
The bubble they walk through dries them off. I don't know.

Fulit
09-09-2001, 12:20 AM
Whoa I posted that almost right at the same time as bigbarada, I didn't see his reply there the first time.:o

Obi-Don
09-09-2001, 05:57 AM
Thats the only way I can explain it,or the actors didn't want to do the scene wet.

evenflow
09-09-2001, 08:31 AM
They are a little damp, but they should be soaked. Maybe Jedi Robes have an internal drying system. ;)

Jargo
09-09-2001, 12:59 PM
Hydrostatic bubbles 'suck' the water from clothing and skin etc. So as anyone passes from the lake outside into the habitat within they are dryed by the mass of the bubble skin. The hydrostatic generators are in those drum shaped things situated underneath the bubbles in circular clusters. notice that Obi-Wan is quite impressed with the technology as he passes throught the bubble skin and notices that he is no longer wet.

i think that covers it. :)

Magnolia-Fan
09-09-2001, 09:39 PM
Actually, one of the cut scenes on the DVD will cover this issue.

As the enter the gungan city, a gungan doorman, dressed in an "otherworldly bell boy outfit" will hand each of the three a towel, and take the jedi's robes.

While waiting an hour or so for their robes to dry, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Jar Jar sit on a bench reading GQ, High Times, and Mad magazine, respectively.

Unbeknownst to them, as the doorman took their robes away, he called 911 to report intruders.

After redonning their freshly dried and pressed Jedi robes, the gungan "crack police force" arrive on the scene and the scene then picks up with "Hey yousa, stoppa dere..."

It is said that George was forced to cut this scene due to time constraints.

At least, that's what I heard...:)

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Hydrostatic bubbles 'suck' the water from clothing and skin etc. So as anyone passes from the lake outside into the habitat within they are dryed by the mass of the bubble skin. The hydrostatic generators are in those drum shaped things situated underneath the bubbles in circular clusters. notice that Obi-Wan is quite impressed with the technology as he passes throught the bubble skin and notices that he is no longer wet.

i think that covers it. :)

Thats a good enough reson for me :) Thanks EMPEROR JARGO

2-1B
03-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Jar Jar is naturally a very moist fellow, so he isn't as likely to be dried off. I guess it is designed that way to keep him slick. There is only one that I know of who is actually Slicker....