PDA

View Full Version : Blatant errors at starwars.hasbro.com!

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 12:38 AM
Did you know that Dejarik Chewbacca actually appeared in The Phantom Menace not A New Hope? Really! Same with Darth Vader Dagobah! And all this time we thought Dagobah first appeared in ESB!

How about sandtroopers in ROTJ or Han on a TaunTaun in ROTJ? Betcha missed those too!

Check these out:
http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84363

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84472

It seems that the folks at hasbro have never even watched the movies. No wonder they can't get our requests right!:mad:

GNT
09-09-2001, 01:23 AM
Just some errors( whats new there?) it just proves that they don't pay attention,not like they care anyway?

Obi-Don
09-09-2001, 04:42 AM
Its all about money and marketting anyway[new flash huh!]because if they did care,they would put out the figures we want and need in a timely manner.

evenflow
09-09-2001, 07:51 AM
They spelled Jabba the "Hut " wrong in the Ephant Man description.

Eternal Padawan
09-09-2001, 07:56 AM
I don't even bother going to Hasbro.com anymore. I just let you chuckleheads :rolleyes: filter through it and send the really important stuff to these here forums....:D :D :D

GNT
09-10-2001, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I don't even bother going to Hasbro.com anymore. I just let you chuckleheads :rolleyes: filter through it and send the really important stuff to these here forums....:D :D :D

We get MORE information of stuff from Fan sites than the Hasbro.com site!

Mandalorian Candidat
09-10-2001, 10:14 AM
Well of course Dejarik Chewie was in TPM! According to the ultranew, super-secret Dark Horse comic "Hasblow Does Star Wars" right before Chewie is offed in the New Jedi Order books he enters the time machine he covertly made behind Han's back and travels back in time to when the saga first starts.

We can actually see him very briefly in the Senate Chamber scene. He's playing against the champion from Kashyyyk, Bobbyyy Frrrrrsher, in the Wookie senator's box. See, we all thought that when they jumped up they were yelling about voting out Chancellor Valorum but they were really amazed at Chewie's use of the Rryyiroowwr gambit (sorry, there's actually no English translation without having to rip out your own tongue) to defeat the champion.

He's rumored to be in another cameo role in EP2, this time as a Wookie gigolo in the nightclub scene.

Lobito
09-19-2001, 01:29 PM
That site has always been bad news, the only good of that one are the polls.

JEDIpartner
09-19-2001, 03:50 PM
... that's just BARELY, Lobito! :D

bigbarada
09-19-2001, 06:51 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm just on the edge of my seat waiting to find out the winner of the Ep1 figure tournament.:rolleyes:

Lobito
09-19-2001, 07:13 PM
Really?? for whom was your vote my friend??:cool:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2001, 07:13 PM
When I can actually get into the site, I always love checking out the new Fall figures! Anakin Mechanic! Boss Nass! Security battle droid! Wow! :D

bigbarada
09-19-2001, 10:38 PM
You obviously haven't been there recently. Did you know they're making a Bespin Escape Leia and a new Chewie, who looks like he might actually be the correct height this time? Oh boy! Can't wait!:D

GNT
09-20-2001, 01:44 AM
Did you guys hear the stupid Duros won the poll, to bad Amanaman lost : hopefully they will make another poll and the A man can be in it :)

bigbarada
09-22-2001, 02:12 PM
As Tycho pointed out, Removable Helmet Vader won the last figure tournament; but Hasbro goes and uses the picture of the horribly crappy 1995 Vader as the winner!:mad:

Does Hasbro not even know it's own product? Or do they :eek: just not care?

Jargo
09-22-2001, 08:51 PM
They just don't care. i mistakenly sent an e-mail of complaint and used the only available e-mail address on the site that looked to be the right one, but got a terse reply telling me to gonk off and use the correct e-mail address for toy complaints. What kind of service id that that can't even be arsed to forward an e-mail? Disgusting! Seems to me they put far too much energy into those useless 360 figure moving thingies and not enough into their product database. Who the hell runs the website production anyway? wasn't it Paul@hasbro or something a while back? Whoever it was I seem to remember they said goodbye before the site changed it's image and since they went the place is absolutely gonking gonk!

golly I'm forthright and incisive today........ :(

bigbarada
09-22-2001, 09:00 PM
I had the same problem using their e-mail system when I wanted to nominate some figures for the next fan-choice poll. I recieved and e-mail telling me I used the wrong e-mail address, but it was the only one they listed! What a load of crap!!:mad:

Obi-Don
09-23-2001, 05:44 AM
If they can't get the figures we want out,how can we think that they would have a good site?

bigbarada
09-23-2001, 04:23 PM
They have a poll up now were you can vote for your favorite Artoo figure their five choices are:
1. POTF2 Artoo 1995
2. POTF2 with datalink, periscope and utility arms
3. POTF2 shooting lightsaber (flashback)
4. Ep1 booster rockets
5. POTJ Naboo Escape

:confused:

Hey, aren't you guys forgetting someone? What about the COMMTECH Artoo???!!!! Yeesh, why do I even bother?:mad:

Jargo
09-23-2001, 06:59 PM
And also forgetting FX artoo. :( why that little sucker is a joy to my ears every day as I press his little tummy button and he chirps so happily back at me. How can they be so heartless as to miss him off their poll? I hang my head and shuffle sadly away from that sites existence. I won't be revisiting. :(

JediTricks
09-24-2001, 08:48 AM
They've always had CGI errors in their site since they went to the current format, I'm never surprised when they have problems.

As for the missing R2-D2s, it's interesting that they're both noise-making R2s and both possible winners.

JediCole
09-25-2001, 04:51 PM
I've not followed the action on the Episode I figure battle, but it did give me a thought about the next Fan's Choice Poll. Why not choose the next figure via an elimination round. Start out with a dozen or so choices and have the fans let them duke it out for position, winner takes all. That gives us more choices pitted head to head until only two remain. Then we really see who we want as the next figure!

El Chuxter
09-25-2001, 05:13 PM
I haven't bothered with their site in quite some time. I was annoyed right off the bat with their "pick a character for your username" garbage--why can't I use the same ID I use everywhere else? Then they changed their site around, and suddenly my password is two characters too long! I tried everything, including contacting them, to try to get on to vote in the first Fan Choice poll. The last straw was when I clicked on the "Forgot your password?" button and received an e-mail with the same password--which was still too long! I e-mailed them explaining the problem and never heard back. :mad:

Oh well. I'm sure sometime they'll make the Bren Derlin figure that I would've voted for. :(

GNT
09-26-2001, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I haven't bothered with their site in quite some time. I was annoyed right off the bat with their "pick a character for your username" garbage--why can't I use the same ID I use everywhere else?

I too was disappointed that you had to pick one of there characters they had on that list,stupid!

Hey, aren't you guys forgetting someone? What about the COMMTECH Artoo???!!!! Yeesh, why do I even bother?

Cos Commtech R2 was the best so far and would have won if he was included :)