PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Twin-Pod Cloud Car?

eliwankenobi
05-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Am I mistaken, or weren't we supposed to be seeing the release of the Twin-Pod Cloud Car w/ Pilot?
Does anyone know what happened to this one?

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 02:09 PM
this is totally not relevant, but when I was a kid...I used to run around my backyard using the Twin Pod Cloud Car as the pistol from the Black Hole ;) It looked a lot like it ;)

Beast
05-06-2002, 02:19 PM
It was going to be an exclusive for Target, but I believe they passed on it, and at this time no Store has picked it up. Unless a Store chooses to carry it as an exclusive, it most likely will never be produced, due to how badly non-exclusive vintage re-issues sold at retail in the past. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

eliwankenobi
05-06-2002, 02:20 PM
LOL!!! :) I remember those guns!

I never had one of these ships when they originally came out; but since I grew up (still in denial) and found that ESB is my fave of the OT, I want to get everything from that movie.

mark2d2
05-06-2002, 04:07 PM
I'm still confident it will pop up eventually. It'd make a great exclusive. One I'd definitely hunt down.

I'd also go head over heals for an Reissued Sandcrawler. Wouldn't that be sweet!

Wonderboy
05-06-2002, 04:19 PM
now I could totally get into the Sandcrawler!!!

LTBasker
05-06-2002, 04:53 PM
I'm suprised Wal-Mart hasn't picked it up, they seem to be good for those type of vehicles. Maybe if they like the sells of the Speeder and Bomber they'll pick it up. Just hope it has a couple pilot pack-ins...

DarthMaulSithLord
05-06-2002, 05:27 PM
Hasbro and 2 pack-ins? These shoulden't be in the same sentence.

:D

LTBasker
05-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Remember the Snowspeeder that came out last month? :D True they aren't new molds and they were kit-bashed, but still.