PDA

View Full Version : Theed Hangar Playset???

DaneSolo
05-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to have that tall pit where you can throw your final duel Maul down. That scene was the best of Episode I and the Theed hangar was the coolest setting. Just an idea.

underdog25
05-07-2002, 09:11 AM
Me and my friend made a theed hanger/palace playset from one of the OLD Barbie dream house playsets. It was one that was (I think) 3 stories tall. It might have been 4. You could take it apart and connect it sideways. that is what we did. The whole thing needed painted and lots of add on details. We had rooom for 3 or 4 Naboo fighters in the hanger, one room off that was the generator complex for the fight scene. on top of the generator complex was the throne room. off of the throne room was an open deck. It was just big enough to park the royal star ship. I know accuracy isn't good on this BUT the playset was AWSOME! I am trying to find pics and if I do I will post them. The Barbie dream house was one of the ones from the mid to late 80's if that helps anyone.

187-Maul
05-07-2002, 09:16 AM
well danesolo there already has a theed hangar playset been made in the E-1 line that sucked pretty badly (according to most people that have it - I don't have it so I can't say) and I don't think hasbro would make another one
I made one too which isn't finished though, you can see some pics in the diorama section under the "who makes his own dioramas" thread

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 09:42 AM
IT WOULD BE NICE. THE PREVIOUS SET WAS NOT SO GOOD. TOO SMALL, TO SHORT AND IS A STAND ALONE SET. BORING!

DaneSolo
05-07-2002, 11:14 AM
I don't ever recall seeing it which means it probably wasn't worth seeing. I guess when I think of Theed Hangar I think of something that is tall and detailed like the movie--with those cool plasma chambers and that pit where Maul fell into.
Oh, well . . . you're right though I doubt Hasbro would make another . . .

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by DaneSolo
I don't ever recall seeing it which means it probably wasn't worth seeing. I guess when I think of Theed Hangar I think of something that is tall and detailed like the movie--with those cool plasma chambers and that pit where Maul fell into.
Oh, well . . . you're right though I doubt Hasbro would make another . . .

if you saw the playset, you would be disappointed. From what you are saying, you want a grand, cool playset, not some whimpy little desk top piece, right? I know that is what i want in a playset.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 05:18 PM
Hasbro is confused. They think we want $100+ vehicles and wimpy little playsets for $25, when we really want $100+ playsets that are VERY NICE (with lots of WHOOSH opening doors and no cardboard fold together bunk...) and less overpriced exclusive vehicles.

"Did you get my e-mail Hasbro?"

"Was that the one about the Darth Maul vs Jar Jar two pack?"

"..............."
"No. It was the one about the nice playsets."

"Oh. Did you want them made with wet cardboard and overpriced?"

"uhhh...not exactly. It said I would like really nice, detailed playsets like Jedi Council cinema scenes that connect into a big playset."

''What's a Jedi Council? Is that like the bug things in this picture?"

"Ummm..No, that's a Geonosian."

"Oh."

"The jedi council...? From the first movie...?"

"Well, we don't actually watch the movies. Lucas Licensing sends us photos of stuff and we arbitrarily pick which stuff we want to make."

"Don't you get feedback from your website about what fans want?"

"Fans? Ugh. Who listens to those creepy guys? They live in their parents basement and make bootlegs of the X-Files and Batman Beyond."

''So you don't check your website?"

'Well, we update it fairly often. Like we just put up new pictures of the Fan Choice guy."

"Ephant Mon?'

"No, the other guy..with a green head and eyes..big ..eyes.."

''Ellors madak?"

"Yeah, that guy."

"Right. he came out over a year ago."

"like I said, we make the Maul/jar jar two packs like fans want."

"................"

187-Maul
05-14-2002, 07:27 AM
:DLOL:D

underdog25
05-14-2002, 07:03 PM
I am thinking of making a very large hanger/generator complex playset again. There would be 8 naboo starfighters on each side of the hanger bay. 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. The queens starship would park in the middle. Lots of "extras" all around. The front would be the opening for the ships to come out. The back would have doors that lead into the gen. complex. Easier said than done. No barbie dreamhouse this time.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 08:05 PM
It will be friggin huge, that playset.

I've always wanted to try my hand at making the hangar from ROJ with a Falcon, a shuttle and various fighters sitting around being tended by Alliance techs. Alas, Hasbro wont make any Alliance tech figures, so my dream remains just that.

187-Maul
05-15-2002, 08:26 AM
I would love to have made a big hangar like that but I don't have enough sace for that so I just made the entrance with the jedi's etc.