PDA

View Full Version : cloud city playset anyone?

SNAYSON
05-06-2002, 05:03 PM
how about a cloud city playset that is modular that can be interconnected to make one big one? :sur:

JUST A THOUGHT!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Good idea! I'd buy it/them!

:D

mark2d2
05-06-2002, 06:25 PM
I'd be up for this one in a big way.

Especially if it had the Guest Chamber with that wierd fountain and groovy couch. Also, the Darth's Sitdown Dinner Dining Room would be very cool.

RooJay
05-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Back in the day Kenner produced several playsets for their Micro line that would connect to create larger play environments. They made an excellent, and fairly sprawling for the scale, Cloud City as well as Hoth, and I believe the Death Star (Anyone recall if there were others?). I have always thought that this was a GREAT idea, and would be an excellent way for Hasbro to produce some intricate and larger scale playsets for their 3 3/4" line! This kind of playset could be sold piece by piece (perhaps even with a figure pack-in to help promote sales) for very reasonable prices. Look into it Hasbro! I'm sure you'll find that there is a market for this kind of thing! In fact, the size of the new Saga packaging is large enough to include some playset oriented accessories that might help to intice people to buy playsets as well; the addition of just this kind of accessory in the new Bespin Luke and Vader figures is a step in the right direction! Give us a Cloud City playset to attach them to!:D

SNAYSON
05-07-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
Back in the day Kenner produced several playsets for their Micro line that would connect to create larger play environments. They made an excellent, and fairly sprawling for the scale, Cloud City as well as Hoth, and I believe the Death Star (Anyone recall if there were others?). :D

RooJay

i remember those micro playsets kenner made. they were cool since you were able to expand on them.

IF, and i mean IF this concept was every produced, have the major rooms made and offer generic rooms that can expand your own cloud city set.

rooms like the detention cell, the little room where han solo got tortured, the dining room, the fountain/atrium, maybe a better freezing chamber, the slide that tossed luke outside of cloud city and then offer a generic room that can connect into any set. I know, i forgot other key rooms but you get the picture what i'm saying (i hope).

imagine that. oh well, gotta build one now.:crazed: