PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Quest

Eternal Padawan
09-09-2001, 10:29 AM
What's the deal with this. I just bought Star Wars gamer #6 and saw the ad again that said it was due out in August "wherever books are sold" but when I go into my local "wherever books are sold" there are no JediQuest books to be found. i want to know how Anakin built his saber darnit!!! What is the real scoop on this book? is it MIA?

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 02:00 PM
Actually I just saw this book in the Wal-Mart book section last weekend when I was visiting my brother. So it has been released.

El Chuxter
09-10-2001, 04:19 PM
I've seen quite a few of them around SoCal at Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, B Dalton, and Wal-Mart (where I got mine). Haven't read it yet, but a gorgeous cover and not too expensive for hardback (I think Wal-Mart had it for $9.99).

Eternal Padawan
09-10-2001, 05:08 PM
Is it the kiddie section? Or the regular Sci-Fi section? I looked at Barnes and Noble and they didn't have it. hmmmph. I'll look again next time I'm out...

El Chuxter
09-10-2001, 06:16 PM
It's been in the young readers' section, with the Jedi Apprentice series, at most stores I've seen it in.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2001, 06:45 PM
B.Dalton has had them in its own display, towards the back of the children's section. At least, the two I've been in lately. Regular price is $12.95, a bit pricey for 140 pages.

Sidiously Darth
09-11-2001, 07:33 PM
I've seen them at WM for around $9.98. I think that's the best deal out there.

Eternal Padawan
09-12-2001, 09:30 AM
Alright, I just found one today. Thanks guys. It is a little small for a hardcover IMO but I like Jude Watson so I'll read it with enthusiasm.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2001, 06:59 PM
I just finished reading it (good thing about no TV on this weeknd!), and it's okay, not great. I'll post spoilers (not really any in there) if people want, later.

p.s. Bigbarada, Chuxter, excellent new icon!

r2dee2
09-23-2001, 10:50 AM
Here is a scan of the book, in case anybody's still looking for it.
Jedi Quest (http://fan.starwars.com/bookforce/files/jediquestbook_6f.jpg)

Eternal Padawan
08-24-2002, 09:38 AM
I just finished up the Jedi Apprentice series over the past week. I read #13-18 and the 2nd Spec Ed. So now I'm ready to start in on the Jedi Quest series. I've purchased the first three softcovers but have been waiting to read them. Nows the time. The new NJO isn't due out until November. I'll let you know what I think of them in a few weeks.

ROLLO!

Tycho
08-27-2002, 09:42 PM
These books are often better than the adult novels.

I was bored in the hardcover Approaching Storm (the Ansion border dispute novel), and Rogue Planet was just a little better.

Jude Watson's young reader books are by far better crafted! She is an awesome writer and I highly recommend Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest stuff.

Her Special Editions - the crossover books, weren't bad, just forgettable.

Her best was when OBI-WAN quit the Jedi Order over his girlfriend Cerasi in The Defenders of the Dead and The Uncertain Path. Books 5-6. So darn good!

The Captive Temple was pretty good too. It was #7 I think but you have to read 1-8 in order, as do you have to read 11-13 in order, and I think 14-18, but I bought these and haven't yet read them.

Jedi Quest is OK. I think I loved #2 were they were fighting the droids and Anakin went barn-busting with a hijacked MTT! That was awesome! I bought #3 but have so far been catching up with NJO for right now.

Those are the best adult books.

Eternal Padawan
08-28-2002, 12:58 AM
14-16 is one storyline. 17 and 18 are stand alone books (I think she realized the series was winding down and/or she was prepping for the JQ series) but they both take place in the shadow of the events in the 14-16 trilogy. It is a major turing point in QuiGon and Obi Wan's lives (at least, in terms of the JA series) and it's ramifications help to flesh out their characters in the film(s). At least to me they do.

ROLLO!