PDA

View Full Version : walmart figure supply???

cujo fett
05-06-2002, 10:50 PM
why hasn't walmart replenished there supply yet??
they have an ad for figures, but only have 3 superbattledroids
has anybody seen any sign of star wars at zellers yet??
i'm seeing wave after wave hitting the usa, but we are lucky to find any figures...:cry:

Vortex
05-06-2002, 11:13 PM
I don't think we'll see anything "new" hit shelves till right before the movie or right after. Here in Minnesota, the kids in the back room say they have the new stuff on order and shipping, but aren't going to put it out till closer to the movie or once the shevles get cleaned off a little more. They said the figs and ships aren't moving as fast as they thought.

Right now its just a collectors market. The kids haven't seen the movie yet, and I think they are holding back till they get a feel for how good the movie is doing.

I don't know if you could go half with some one for cases. That what I do. I'm expecting the mace, jango final battle, luke bespin and vader bespin here this week. Its a little more, but it beats driving all over town for the stuff. But I think we're all in the same boat for shops having toys. All I can find here is the 1st collection and jar-jars as far as the eyes can see.

You're not alone.

ChronicJedi
05-07-2002, 07:08 AM
OK, the deal with Wal-Mart is this...

Once the next batch of figures arrive (sometime in the next week or so) don't expect to see them there anymore. As they are not a replenishable item Wal-Mart won't be carrying them much after the movie is out.

Zellers won't be carrying them.

TRU is the Canadian wildcard so place your hopes there. I'm gonna wait out the figure drought for another few weeks before I start resorting to online purchases. I say don't expect too much more than what we've already seen...

...I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I don't think so.

cujo fett
05-07-2002, 08:33 AM
as usual tru bought way too much of the first wave of figures and will probably not replenish until closer to christmas

mabudonicus
05-07-2002, 10:36 AM
ChronicJedi, do you have to put it so clearly?!? OUCH!!! With the HUGE #s of peasant anakin and obiwan w/droid and C3PO, it's feeling like 99 all over again. TRU here obviously has overordered EVERYTHING. And now they have the NERVE to put the remaining overstock of Ketwols and Shmi's BACK UP TO 11.99!! If this is the way they plan on making money off of the line, it's DOOMED up here(I hope that our town is an abberration(which it is, in a way) but from what I've heard here, we usually get it better than most of our countrymen, so the way it looks here bodes ill, I fear)
What do we do, fellows?!?!? Honestly, what ChronicJedi said in his post is correct, and there may still be time to stop it...............