PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Prototype - Luke Skywalker!!!

Fulit
09-09-2001, 01:44 PM
Thats all I could think of when I saw this picture:http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/SW25Luke.jpg

Fulit
09-09-2001, 01:56 PM
I also just thought of this: Those sneaky b@stards at Hasbro managed to slip ANOTHER Tatooine Luke under our noses. I guess they thought it'd been a whole year or so since the last one...........

The Leia better be good.

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 02:17 PM
Wow, I checked more into that Toy Palace Germany site. I had no idea The Phantom Menace translated into "Die dunkle Bedrohung" in German.:eek:

As for the umpteenth Tatooine Luke, how are they gonna make a commemorative two pack without him? They just made an X-Wing Luke and a Ceremonial 2-Pack would just be two figures standing there. So I'm willing to let this one slide.

Fulit
09-09-2001, 02:28 PM
Toy Palace site in Germany?? do you mean the link didn't work or something.

Obviously the commerative pack wouldn't work without him, my "sneaky Hasbro" comment was in jest. But I do wish he had more articulation, I don't like one pose figures.

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 02:34 PM
No the link worked fine, I just got nosey and started checking out other stuff on the same site and stumbled across the Toy Palace in Germany thing.

Magnolia-Fan
09-09-2001, 02:54 PM
Good lord...

He looks as though he's going to fall over!

What human being would stand in that pose?!?

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 03:05 PM
Actually it's supposed to recreate the "swinging over Death Star chasm" scene. What they don't show is the prototype Leia that's supposed to be in his arms.

evenflow
09-09-2001, 03:21 PM
Put him and the 2-pack Han together, and they look like to guys that have had a really wild night.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-09-2001, 04:56 PM
Actually, Fulit, I thought of the old SW logo that had Leia with a gun held to the side and Luke with his saber over his head. I LOVE the old Kenner style packaging though on the 2-pack!

Starfig873
09-09-2001, 05:56 PM
Hey evenflow....thats a good idea, I can see it now:

Han: I sure hope we get to see some big American breasts tonight!

Luke: Of course we will, after all we're..

Both: TWO WILD AND CRAZY GUYS!

:D

master jedi
09-09-2001, 09:19 PM
Give this Luke a can of beer to hold in his hand and presto you got yourself a drunk Luke.

Magnolia-Fan
09-09-2001, 09:40 PM
Yes, and then Owen (potd 3-pack) would finally have a friend...

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:35 AM
In case you haven't seen it check out:
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/SW25Luke.jpg

to see it, what do you guys think of it so far???

Thoughts?

Starfig873
09-10-2001, 07:46 AM
I think he'd go nice with some cheese and roast beef...err...oh! He almost looks like "Ballet Luke". "See Luke in the role he was meant for this Christmas....Winter 2001 Luke Skywalker IS...The Nutcracker!" :D

Thats what I think. Seriously though, it will be a cool figure.

Fulit
09-10-2001, 11:09 AM
Who changed the title of this thread and why? Not that I'm mad or anything, just curious.

JEDIpartner
09-10-2001, 11:13 AM
They will be swell little display pieces, but not much good for anything else.

Love the box... hope you win. Just kidding. Love the retro box. I feel like I'm 10 again!!!

GNT
09-11-2001, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Who changed the title of this thread and why? Not that I'm mad or anything, just curious.

Yesterday when the picture was shown I started a thread called "25th Anniversary Prototype - Luke Skywalker!!!" So I guess JT or Steve closed down my thread (:mad:) Changed your title to mine and moved my main sentence and that with the link and all to this thread!

JediTricks
09-11-2001, 06:50 AM
...or perhaps JT just used the auto-merge feature on the later thread, moving it into the earlier since the 2nd one was the exact same topic as the 1st.

GNT
09-12-2001, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
...or perhaps JT just used the auto-merge feature on the later thread, moving it into the earlier since the 2nd one was the exact same topic as the 1st.

Auto-Merge feature? Sounds very interesting although you should email the person that started the tread and tell them that you are merging their thread with someone elses JT!

Fulit
09-12-2001, 10:25 AM
Well, I have to admit, it's a better title than "Disco Luke is here!"

xboywonder
09-12-2001, 05:07 PM
Ok... I've seen the pic and it looks to me like he is leaning against the wall.
from the looks of it this Luke probably doesn't even stand well on his own.

GNT
09-14-2001, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by xboywonder
from the looks of it this Luke probably doesn't even stand well on his own.

Thats why he comes with Leia :D

Lobito
09-19-2001, 04:26 PM
when are these figures going to be released?? i sure hope they include R2 and 3PO, with that pod escape.

bigbarada
09-19-2001, 08:04 PM
I've heard December is the official release date, which means most of us will see them three months from never.:rolleyes:

Why Hasbro didn't include Threepio and Artoo is beyond me.

JediCole
09-20-2001, 12:54 PM
I am rather surprised by this thread in light of the fact that long before the pictured Luke prototype, the finished product had already been shown. A picture of the boxed, finished product appears in the Picture Archives of this very site! Luke's awkward pose makes a lot more sense in the context of he and Leia poised to swing across the Death Star Chasm, complete with what appers to be a molded backdrop of the blast door and even the base of the inactive footbridge.
Take a look and fear not about how cool this Luke really can be when completed. The 25th Anniversary sets appear to be more inclined toward great display pieces, hence the unusual poses. Out of context they are as useful as the bow-legged Biker Scout from the Speeder Bike or (worse) the Final Jedi Duel Emperor sans throne.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-20-2001, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that was a mock-up of the box using old POTF2 figures. That's what I remember hearing, at least.

JediTricks
09-21-2001, 07:09 AM
You can find the pic here on this site, the Luke is clearly the same. The left hand even has that small hole for the rope (which looks like poodoo IMO).