PDA

View Full Version : Merged Dooku Thread

sunblind
04-30-2002, 10:24 AM
Wow!
If you still havent gotten a Dooku. Maybe youre not trying hard enough.
I was at my TRU yesterday and they dont have any good figs left, since the 1st day, and so I was just going through everything. (even though I have all 27), I still like going and looking to see whats avalivble. Anyways I was looking through one of those cage-like-boxes, full of figures and way at the bottom (get this)
Was a perfect Dooku! I couldnt believe it. So I snatched him up! I cant believe it! Now I have 2. ;)

pthfnder89
04-30-2002, 11:00 AM
Trust me sinblind, I'm trying like crazy. They just aren't around much where I am. I haven't seen a single one.

Forhekset
04-30-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm trying, allright. I'm spending way too much gas/time looking for the last 6 figs I want. Still no Dooku, among others :(

Evan Nash
04-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Yeah I'm not trying hard enough. That must be it.

Fool.

squee666
04-30-2002, 12:37 PM
It's funny. I went to Walmart on April 23 first thing in the morning to get a Tie Bomber(I was successful woo hoo!!) There were a few guys there grabbing as many Taun we, Luminara, and Royal guards as they could find. I casually walked over and the first figure I laid eyes on was Dooku. Of course I bought him. I can't believe I bought him with such ease, only to find out he was rare. None of the guys buying every taun,royal guard and luminara, had any clue about Dookus scarceity.

I guess it's my reward after the numerous calls, wasted gas, and crappy attitudes from Walmart employees concerning the Bomber. I will keep my eyes open in Michigan for Dookus if anyone wants one. Just let me know.

Forhekset
04-30-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by squee666
It's funny. I went to Walmart on April 23 first thing in the morning to get a Tie Bomber(I was successful woo hoo!!) There were a few guys there grabbing as many Taun we, Luminara, and Royal guards as they could find. I casually walked over and the first figure I laid eyes on was Dooku. Of course I bought him. I can't believe I bought him with such ease, only to find out he was rare. None of the guys buying every taun,royal guard and luminara, had any clue about Dookus scarceity.

I guess it's my reward after the numerous calls, wasted gas, and crappy attitudes from Walmart employees concerning the Bomber. I will keep my eyes open in Michigan for Dookus if anyone wants one. Just let me know.

The guys snatching up as many of a few figures as they can are the same ones who create the false sense of "scarcity" about a fig in the first place :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-30-2002, 12:45 PM
That isn't the Dooku you're looking for...

You will immediately wrap him up and send him to me...

:)

earl
04-30-2002, 01:08 PM
I already have 1 dooku and i found another at target, but instead of buying it, i asked the the person beside me if he already has that fig. He freaked out and couldnt believe that i was handing it over to him. He couldnt thank me enough. Poor slob almost hugged me.

Rocket X
04-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Try Wal-Greens. I found major quantities of ol' doo there. Good luck all

leenovak
04-30-2002, 02:14 PM
The last week I have gone every night after work to look for figures. After 3 Wal-Marts, 2 TRU's, 2 K-Marts and Target, each at least 2 times, I still have not seen:

Dooku
Yoda
Taun We
Royal Guard
Anakin - HD
Luminara

I'm getting really [censored] mad! :(

hango fett
04-30-2002, 03:14 PM
we have 3 more figures to get (maybe less than that when my dad gets home.) good old taun we, luminara unduli, and royal gaurd. my dad said that on the 23rd, he saw 6 dookus at a nearby wal-mart. he got 2 (one for his office and one for the collection) but he forgot me!!!!! but if he doesn't find one today, i get the one in his office :D

pthfnder89
04-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by squee666
It's funny. I went to Walmart on April 23 first thing in the morning to get a Tie Bomber(I was successful woo hoo!!)

I can't find any Wal-marts in my area that even seem to carry the Tie Bomber. It's ****ing me off WAY more then not finding a Dooku, because I know in a month there will be plenty of him around. But I NEED to find a Bomber. :(

I don't even mind missing the snowspeeder, but it seems like I've been waiting 20 years for Hasbro to make that Bomber.

sunblind
04-30-2002, 03:30 PM
You know, I havent seen that darn tie bombers anywhere either, whats up.

BanthaPoodoo
04-30-2002, 03:35 PM
Move to Mississippi............

j/k

DeadEye
04-30-2002, 04:19 PM
I see TIE bombers all the time.

What I don't see are Dookus.

Forhekset
04-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by leenovak
The last week I have gone every night after work to look for figures. After 3 Wal-Marts, 2 TRU's, 2 K-Marts and Target, each at least 2 times, I still have not seen:

Dooku
Yoda
Taun We
Royal Guard
Anakin - HD
Luminara

I'm getting really [censored] mad! :(

Dude, it's the very same situation here, though I've seen exactly 2 of HD Anakin. In place of HD Anakin what I haven't seen is the Geo. Warrior. Those 6 figures still elude me.

I haven't seen the Bomber of Snowspeeder whatsoever either. In fact I hadn't even seen the AT-ST/Speederbike combo til the other day I saw one sitting all by itself at TRU, wedged behind a ton of Zam and Anakin speeders.

sunblind
04-30-2002, 05:00 PM
tie bombers??? what do you think you're some kind of jedi, mind tricks dont work on me.

Sith Vicious
04-30-2002, 05:59 PM
No TIE bombers, snowspeeders, or AT-ST here either. I had to order the AT-ST from TRU.com. Figure wise I've found everything but Yoda and Dooku.

Darth Evil
04-30-2002, 06:15 PM
I'd love to see Dooku in my local toy shop, at a normal price. But I'll probably end up buying in the comic shop near at double or triple what you guys paid! :(

Wolfwood
04-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Is there any official word on us seeing any dookus? it seems everytime I ask an employee at kmart walmart or TRU they look at me bugeyed, it could be the axe i'm holding but i doubt it.

Forhekset
04-30-2002, 09:32 PM
One of SirSteve's sponsors is selling Dooku for $35 (the rest of the figs $10-15). That's not quite as bad as eBay I guess? Then again $35 could pay for 5 or 6 figures in a regular store....

rainer_marie
04-30-2002, 09:55 PM
I was at the Toys R US in Richfield MN tonight and they had about 20-30 Count Dooku's. There was already about 10 in the bin and the guy brought out about 12 more cases---each with a couple of Dooku's inside! If you live in the Twin Cities area, I highly suggest heading over there( the one off 494) as you have 1/2 hour as of now. They also have about 10 Yodas and countless Anakin Hangar Duels.

Sith Vicious
05-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Rocket X
Try Wal-Greens. I found major quantities of ol' doo there. Good luck all

Thanks for the tip! I checked my local Wal-Greens yesterday and they had a Dooku. Only one, but that's all I need.

Paul-Kenobi
05-02-2002, 11:17 PM
you know someing.... my Walmart and Target ZUCKS! i could find haif the figures but no dooku! they got Anakin but no friggin Dooku!

CooLJoE
05-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Squee666 - where in Michigan? I'm in south east part of Michigan. Near Detroit. I haven't seen a tie-bomber at all. Went to 2 TRUs, 2 Kmarts, 1 Walmart, 1 Meijer, 1 KBToys, and 2 Targets. Not a single Tie Bomber or Dooku. Let me know where you found the TieBomber.

Jarrell
05-03-2002, 06:55 AM
I have 26 of the 27, except for YODA!!!@!@, I have been all over and cannot find one, but dookus I have found several , have only one but If anyone has a yoda I would gladly pickup a dooku to trade. Also bought slave 1 and jedi starfighter and atst ( i wish the windows opened) so I could see my chewie ;) Still looking real hard at the 2 speeders bought havent bought yet.

sunblind
05-03-2002, 11:03 AM
I now have all 27 fig's. The yoda's here are that hard to get. Specaily if you look at a Meijer's store. And I have all the ships. Although the shp I'm really looking forward to buy is the Clone Trooper ship. That one looks to be very cool!

DeadEye
05-03-2002, 11:52 PM
I really hope to get one of these figures...anyway, why is everyone snatching him up? Just because he's rare?:rolleyes:

bigbarada
05-04-2002, 12:24 AM
I think it's just a case of Darth Maul-itis. Everyone is wondering who the "hot" figure of the AOTC line will be and since Hasbro effectively killed any hype around Jango by releasing three, soon to be four, versions of him in one month Count Dooku is the next logical choice. Plus he is a Sith Lord and we all know how popular they are with the kiddies.:)

Lord Tenebrous
05-04-2002, 12:36 AM
I got him because I like the character, not because I like the slashing action. But he got shipped in less numbers than the pitifully overstocked first wave of collection 1, which gives off a false sense of that misused R-word.

Don't get too down or upset if you can't find this first one, I actually consider the figure to be pre-AOTC/EU. And you'll soon see that there are many more chances to get a Dooku with great articulation and no limiting gimick.

2-1B
05-04-2002, 03:08 AM
Well, he's certainly broken the "old guy" barrier in that we never saw Senator Palpatine or Chancellor Valorum flying off the pegs.

Then again, Tarkin was a tough find 'round here for awhile but I don't know how that compared to the rest of the country.

QLD
05-04-2002, 03:16 AM
Maybe Dooku means something really good in another language?

Darth Nihilus
05-04-2002, 04:42 AM
I think the figure actually looks pretty good, plus yes, he is a bad guy with TWO, count them, TWO lightsabers.:crazed:

CrossWizard
05-04-2002, 08:17 AM
Dooku or dookoo means venom or poison in japanese, in an interview Lee said that's where his character's name is derived from.

Masterjedi73
05-04-2002, 08:55 AM
Well I went back to TRU yesterday and sure enough, there were 2 Dookus there...right out in front. I picked up both of them. One had some serious creases on the back, so I opened that one for my son (4 yrs old...loving star wars). The other one, I put with some of my other "non-openers" in a big case in my closet....

It's a pretty cool figure. It's the best one with the gimmicks that I've seen.

187-Maul
05-04-2002, 09:06 AM
well I don't really like this figure
just as I don't like anakin HD
I'll just wait for better resculpts and will buy them then
we have already seen pics of the other anakin and I'll probably gonna buy that one cause he look pretty cool - way better then the other two already released

DeadEye
05-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Has anyone found Dooku at wal- or k-marts?

Darth_Growl
05-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Dooku is so popular because he's the next Sith Lord. Also because he got shipped in limited quantaties by Hasbro (grrr), it makes him even that more rare. I just can't wait to buy another one so I can open him and then stand him up next to Darth Sidious, Darth vader, and Darth Maul. Holy cow! That's going to be sweet!!

SuperBattleDroid88
05-04-2002, 10:56 AM
I got mine at Wal-Mart.......
One left!!!! :D

Jayspawn
05-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Bigbarada is right. Dooku is the new bad guy so naturally, everybody wants him. He'll start showing up soon. Be patient.

stillakid
05-04-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Why is Dooku so popular?

He's got a car and chicks dig a guy with a car.:Pirate:

QLD
05-04-2002, 11:44 AM
Maybe because he has money.....and power....and drewsih princesses are attracted to both. :D

DeadEye
05-04-2002, 12:25 PM
But chicks dig me.

pthfnder89
05-04-2002, 02:03 PM
But chicks dig me.

Suuure they do DeadEye...sure they do.

No really, I believe you! Seriously....

:p jk man :D

DarthMushy
05-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Chicks dig Dooku because he rarely wears underwear, and when he does, it's something unusual.

DeadEye
05-04-2002, 04:51 PM
I finally got one!!!! I finally found a Count Dooku figure!:D

JediDan
05-04-2002, 05:05 PM
Hey way to go. Pretty cool fig isn't he? Now hold on to him with dear life. ;) :D

Lord Tenebrous
05-04-2002, 05:15 PM
Collectors will be much happier once we get personal-use transporters. Just place your trading material in, and you get the stuff you want. And if it's a bad trader, you can just jump into the transporter and kick their butts.

Until then, enjoy your find.

jobi
05-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Then I guess you don't know need the one I was holding for you.

DeadEye
05-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Indeed. But thanks anyway.

ChronicJedi
05-04-2002, 06:25 PM
If you still have one, I'll buy it for cost + shipping. Please...

SuperBattleDroid88
05-04-2002, 06:29 PM
:cool: ;) :D :P :) !!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATONS!!!!!!!!!! :) :P :D ;) :cool:

DeadEye
05-04-2002, 07:12 PM
Thanks!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!:D

Rogue II
05-04-2002, 07:31 PM
I finally got one!!!! I finally found a Count Dooku figure!:D

Great, kid. Don't get cocky.:D

I got one a couple weeks ago. I was thinking about hanging it on my wall next to my Darth Maul.

Dferguson
05-04-2002, 08:34 PM
I was also in luck today I also snagged a Count Dooku figure from Wal-mart today! It was the only count dooku figure I could fine but I got it so now I need now is Royal guard yoda taun we luminara. the Wal-mart I went today had taun we and luminara last time I went but didnt get them but hopefully soon I will get them. I also stored my email address on amazon.com for when they get more yodas and other figs in. I got a email from them last night but time I checked it today they were already sold out.
Darn :(
and sorry for my rambling I had to tell somebody:D

humsup
05-04-2002, 08:45 PM
I got mine yesterday too after flipping through hundreds of figs at a TRU and there he is, a solitude piece. Snatched him and run for dear life LOL!!

dirtybones
05-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Deadeye your one lucky dog!!! I just found Yoda and I still need that Dooku! Congrats!!!!!

Obi-Don
05-06-2002, 12:44 AM
Picks around here are slim. Haven't seen a dooku yet,but I'm still looking.

skyywalkerr
05-06-2002, 12:53 AM
You know...I laugh whenever I hear people fraking about the Dooku figure. Some guy paid 50 bucks at C2 today and I laughed and laughed and laughed, then whe got back to Chicago I grabbed two Dookus for 6 bucks each. hHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
SUCKERS

skyywalkerr
05-06-2002, 12:54 AM
ok...I sound like a freak. That is partly bcause I went to C2 and am shell shockd, and prtly because I am a freak LOL

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 09:29 AM
I found two Dookus yesterday. :)

DrewDewce
05-06-2002, 10:19 AM
Still haven't found Dooku or Yoda, but did get the Tie Bomber and a Anakin HD at a Wal-Mart in an out of the way Kentucky location. I'll keep hunting tho!!!!

sunblind
05-06-2002, 04:02 PM
it must be the area or something. because here in Grand Rapids. Where now crawling with Dooku.

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Now if only my area would start crawling with Royal Guards....I want at least 4 of those suckers.

DeadEye
05-06-2002, 05:17 PM
It took me a while to realize it, but Dooku is in fact far superior to most of the other figures. He's worth the hell I went through trying to find him...but he's not worth 300 dollars on ebay. :rolleyes:

JediIan
05-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Hey can anyone pick up a Dooku for me, down here in Central Florida they are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

JediIan
05-06-2002, 07:23 PM
w/o scalping me of course :)

Forhekset
05-06-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by JediIan
Hey can anyone pick up a Dooku for me, down here in Central Florida they are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

I'm currently trying to trade away an extra Dooku. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7574)

Drop me a line if interested :)

Paul-Kenobi
05-06-2002, 11:31 PM
i came back from Jacksonvile FL at TRU i they didnt have one Dooku all they had Was Boba, Caption, Battle,Shaak Ti, Anakin OL C-3PO,Padame. Two sections full and thats alll the fiugres they had i went to the back asked two guys they told me the same info i get here but they wouldnt cheek they said that all the fiugres they had in the storage Room was out there :rolleyes: Tell me dose that sound right to you that they had all the cases out and yet thats all the fiugres they had.

god dang is it gona be hard to find Dooku.

as for Wallgreens yes they may have that cuase really thats a store no one buys anything at.

if you go to a store full of EPII and its a place that no one buys anything you're chanse's inprove.

Jedi Drew
05-07-2002, 10:06 AM
Just to FYI you that I just received an E-Mail from Amazon.com that they have Dooku in stock. He is $8.99 plus shipping. The price is a bit high but if you can't find him maybe just order him?? Hopes this helps some of you out.....;) ;) ;)

rdrunr89
05-07-2002, 12:17 PM
did you happen to get a link for it? I did a search on their site and its clueless about him. Thanks.

figrin bran
05-07-2002, 12:35 PM
i can't find it either. and it seems like they have raised their prices for figures a full $3?????

Paul-Kenobi
05-07-2002, 04:53 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN2/B000063CV5/ref=pd_sim_toys/002-2927689-1161667 (The Dark Lord) :)

two question sense i'm not a online shoper and my dad dosent buy online is there a number i can Amazon call and order it from there and how much is the figure with shiping thanks

Dar' Argol
05-07-2002, 05:06 PM
There was a lot of Dooku threads flying around so here are most of them.

Orn Free Taa
05-07-2002, 05:42 PM
I just found a Dooku today that had the saber handle loose in the package. It's behind the figure floating loose, and I looked for every possible way it could've fallen through, and I couldn't see any way. Must've happened during packaging. The saber blade is in it's proper location, too. Gotta love it. A HTF figure with an extremely rare packaging mistake. :D

DrewDewce
05-07-2002, 09:34 PM
You folks are the best!!!! Finally!!!! The long search is at an end!!!!

Of course, I've told my wife that I'll believe it when I pull 'em out of the box in a few days. I found a Yoda today at K-Mart, so after this, I'll have the first 27!

Now, on to that Bespin wave :D

Haven't seen ANY of them around yet :eek:

Thanks again!!!

Drew's rule

Taichi
05-08-2002, 05:54 AM
I just saw the Bespin, and Final Duel Jango Waves today....

all around sweet figures, my fave so far, is Orn Free Ta.......and Vader.....

Sith Lord 0498
05-08-2002, 07:24 AM
I checked back on Amazon.com this morning around 7:15 am EST and Count Dooku is officially sold out. However, they still have Yoda and Hangar Duel Anakin available.

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Yeah Baby I scored!!! No longer will I drive all over running from place to place in the hunt for that SOB!
Dark Lord Dooku is mine!
It was so weird. I was at TRU digging in the floor bin when in walks this beautiful red headed women, I mean she was all women, She asked which figure I was looking for and before I could say any thing she tells me: " Just in case your looking for Darth Tryanus, I had just come from Target and there was two on the end cap near the Spiderman display" After I was able to speak, I asked her if she was an angel, She smiled at me and said that I had better hurry if I was interested.
Thank the maker I'm a married man, because I ran out of that store as if there was a Dooku in the parking lot! not caring at all how much of a dork I must have looked like to that beautiful women. PHEW what a day!
So I bought them both, and the bad thing is that one of them looks like the guys on speed! His eye's are so wide open he looks as if he's walking in the dark.
So if anyone wants to do the old 1:1 for a Final Battle Jango, pm me and let me know.
:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

187-Maul
05-08-2002, 02:27 PM
great story but is that really how it happened?:D
it sounds pretty made up but of course it could be true and why would you have to lie about something like that

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Oh maul, you don't think that I would lie do you?

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 02:42 PM
By the way, I just got done looking at your dioramas. You made some great pics. Do you plan on making the arena from AOTC? If so, how many figures are you planning on using in it?

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 02:43 PM
as far as the women, it was all 100% true.

Forhekset
05-08-2002, 02:47 PM
A beautiful woman walks into TRU, asks a grown man digging through a floor bin which figure he's looking for, then says they have "Darth Tyranus" at Target (he's called Count Dooku on the basic figure anyway, "Darth Tyranus" is his deluxe name)? I don't buy it :D

No, don't get me wrong, I believe you scored and found Dooku...but the bulk of your story smells real fishy. If that's how it really happened though, then....

Did you really ask her if she was an angel? Lol.

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Come to Minnesota and see for yourself what kind of ladies walk around here. They are the boldest people on this planet!
As for her getting the name wrong, what would you have done? correct her? No thank you.

Forhekset
05-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Ok dude, I believe you :)

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Sweet!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-08-2002, 03:17 PM
The next time you see her, give her my phone number.

:crazed:

187-Maul
05-08-2002, 03:51 PM
I don't have much space in my room for diorama's so porbably won't make a new one (except the vader/ben duel which is going to be pretty small)

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 04:06 PM
Cool. I have a sheet of waffer board that I used to make the fight between Maul & Jinn in my garage. The thing is big enough to hold the Queens ship and the figures "Maul, Jinn and little skywalker" I wish I had some way of showing it to you but as I'm a moron when it comes to sending picture on the net. I plan on using that same piece of WB and the arena playset to make the battle. It should look really good, after I buy more Super Battle Droids.

bigbarada
05-08-2002, 05:48 PM
Good story, the kind of thing that only happens in real life and bad fiction. Don't worry, dirtybones, I believe you.:)