PDA

View Full Version : Arena Playset and Republic Gunship... Please NO SPOILERS

Lman316
05-07-2002, 10:25 AM
Hey, I'm back again (just for this thread, and probably one or two more - I have some issues about a Kamino Escape Jango) but I noticed that on Wal*Mart.com, the Arena playset and the Gunship seem to be available for pre-order.
The price for each is $38.86. Not bad, considering that I heard they were supposed to be $49.99 each.
Like I said, it seems that they're available for pre-order:

Preorder this awesome playset today, so you can re-create major battle scenes from Episode II, or create your own adventures!

The clone army's powerful war machine, the Republic Gunship, can carry large numbers of troops into battle. Preorder yours today!

But there doesn't seem to be any place to make the order. It just says out of stock. But I thought this was interesting enough to mention.

JEDIpartner
05-07-2002, 10:32 AM
Those prices could be pretty accurate. It IS Wal*Mart, after all. They'll be ready to ship in the early Autumn, I'm guessing. Worth getting? Gunship, yes. Arena, no.

pthfnder89
05-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Those prices could be pretty accurate. It IS Wal*Mart, after all. They'll be ready to ship in the early Autumn, I'm guessing. Worth getting? Gunship, yes. Arena, no.

$39.99 is the price I've been hearing all along for these so that seems right.

I'll definitely pick up both of them. I thought the pics of the Arena looked pretty decent at ToyFair, so I don't mind.:)

I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Ep1 Hangar Playset. That was just plain insulting...:frus:

Lman316
05-07-2002, 11:40 AM
$39.99 is the price I've been hearing all along for these so that seems right. \

Yeah, I guess that's what I've heard too. I really don't know where I got $49.99 from. Maybe I was just thinking about Hasbro's 'Pay More, Get Less' idea (I only say that (for right now, anyway) referring to the Deluxe Mace...I'm still kinda peeved about that one).

Battle Droid
05-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Both are worth getting, exspecially if there's a Battle Droid factory on the back side of the Arena Playset like I've heard/read.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2002, 06:32 PM
So are these puppies going to be WM exclusives or are they open to all retailers? I hope they are going to be broadly distributed so there will be a good chance of clearance pricing down the line. Although they look pretty neat, I just can't shell out $40 for each. Maybe $20.

pthfnder89
05-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
So are these puppies going to be WM exclusives or are they open to all retailers? I hope they are going to be broadly distributed so there will be a good chance of clearance pricing down the line. Although they look pretty neat, I just can't shell out $40 for each. Maybe $20.

No they're just up on Wal-Marts website for some reason. Both the Arena Playset and the Republic Gunship will be distributed through all the major retail stores.

I can't wait for fall! :)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-07-2002, 07:23 PM
Where are the "Bubble" gun emplacements on the Gunship? How big is this vehicle anyway?

:)

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 10:55 AM
I dunno how BIG it's going to be, but my mum has seen the movie twice already and thinks the Republic Gunship is "neat". She called me up on Friday after she saw the film a second time and asked if I had one of them. I told her that they hadn't yet made them. She told me that I should let her know when they do! :happy:

It didn't appear that all of the gunships had the side bubbles. Those might have been artillery specific craft as opposed to ones that were "lead/command" craft.

lunchymeatball
05-20-2002, 11:00 AM
I think that the gunship is going to be the ultimate AOTC vehicle and I really really really really want one:crazed:
Although living in England I bet it will be double the price you lot are talking about:frus:

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I dunno how BIG it's going to be, but my mum has seen the movie twice already and thinks the Republic Gunship is "neat". She called me up on Friday after she saw the film a second time and asked if I had one of them. I told her that they hadn't yet made them. She told me that I should let her know when they do! :happy:

It didn't appear that all of the gunships had the side bubbles. Those might have been artillery specific craft as opposed to ones that were "lead/command" craft.

Yeah, I noticed that too JEDIpartnr. That makes Hasbros decision not to pack the gun bubbles with the Gunships more understandable. :)

DarthMaulSithLord - from the Toyfair pictures of the prototype, the gunship looks to be almost exactly the size of the Power FX Xwing. Check out the pic below to judge for yourself. I'd say it's about 24inches wide (wingtip to wingtip) 18inches long, and maybe 7 inches tall. Pretty good size ship, and an ok deal for $40, even without electronics. It can apparently hold about 10 figures in the main bay, as well as two pilots. :) I can't wait for it.

Dak Powers
05-20-2002, 11:34 AM
The bubbles are going to come with the yellow Clone Troopers. That's what I heard anyways.