PDA

View Full Version : Geez, it shows how much attention I pay.

Darth Nihilus
05-07-2002, 01:17 PM
After all these years, after all the numerous viewings I can't believe that I missed a couple of dialogue items from RotJ. Firstly during the Tattooine rescue I always thought that Han was saying "Rocket pack! Where rocket pack?" just before he ignited Fett's pack. Then just watching the other night I realise he was saying "Boba Fett". Then during Yoda's death scene when he starts to tell Luke about "another" I didn't realise he also added "Skywalker". Good grief I must be deaf.:p

Pendo
05-07-2002, 01:39 PM
You're not alone. There were a few lines I couldn't work out what was being said until I read the scripts. But once you KNOW what is being said you see it (well hear it anyway) all the time and you don't know how you didn't get it. I don't have this problem any more, but who knows in Episode II. I'm lucky I have the script (but I'm not reading it until I have seen the film).

PENDO!

Darth Nihilus
05-07-2002, 02:21 PM
I actually heard them then confirmed it with the scripts. It's strange that I can watch a movie so many times and not pick up on these. *sigh*

Fixer
05-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Don't feel bad, while I got "Boba Fett? Boba Fett?!?" the first time around, I too couldn't make out Yoda's garbled "Sky...walk....er." Maybe we weren't meant to, either. Luke tells Ben that Yoda "spoke of another," not "spoke of another Skywalker," leaving the Skywalker twin revelation to that moment.

Eternal Padawan
05-11-2002, 10:46 AM
I never caught the "Sky..wal...ker" reference until I was watching it with the subtitles on many years later.

RooJay
05-14-2002, 10:36 PM
While I've always heard those first two loud and clear, one of my favorite things about Star Wars is that I always seem to notice something new every time I see them!:D

browndroid
05-14-2002, 11:31 PM
yeah i hadnt noticed the skywalker part till like last year