PDA

View Full Version : Are You Ready?!!!!!

The 'Xir
09-09-2001, 02:21 PM
YEAH Baby!!!!! It's football season again! It's time to Rock!
Go STEELERS!!!!!
Who's your team?

evenflow
09-09-2001, 02:30 PM
I was totally pumped until an hour ago, my J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS! never get a break. I am still pumped though, there is always next week. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
09-09-2001, 04:10 PM
Here we go, The 'Xir, here we go! :) Heinz Field opens this year, where the Steel Town "Burghers will go 8-0, to finish 15-1 (since J-ville got a lucky win today ;) )! Anybody see those absolutely horrendous calls by the replacement officials in the Oakland [Tusken] Raiders/KC Chief Chirpas game today? Ugh.

Mike Troxell
09-09-2001, 04:26 PM
This year is the Eagles' year to go to the "Super Bowl".

Did I mention that "Super Bowl" is what they call their toilet. GOOOOOOOO TEAM!

JediTricks
09-10-2001, 08:20 AM
Wooo! Go LA Raiders... um, go LA Rams... aw crap!!!:mad: In such a major market as LA, wouldn't it make sense for the NFL to try to make a little extra scratch by allowing a new team for LA? Or do they want lower viewership and lower purchasing of licensed merchandising in one of the West Coast's largest markets? Stupid football league. :rolleyes: :mad:

bigbarada
09-10-2001, 08:39 AM
Living in an area of the country that has no football team of it's own gives me the freedom to choose the team I actually like not just the one that happens to be closest to me. Given that I still don't have a favorite team. Although I do usually pick the Steelers or Vikings when I play NFL Blitz. Does that count for anything?

Eternal Padawan
09-10-2001, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Wooo! Go LA Raiders... um, go LA Rams... aw crap!!!:mad: In such a major market as LA, wouldn't it make sense for the NFL to try to make a little extra scratch by allowing a new team for LA? Or do they want lower viewership and lower purchasing of licensed merchandising in one of the West Coast's largest markets? Stupid football league. :rolleyes: :mad:

I was under the impression, all your fooseball teams left because of cruddy attendance numbers, low merchandise sales, and an overall lack of enthusiasm for them. Not you specifically JT, but LA in general seemed to have an apathetic stance towards pro football and that's why your lovable Rams now reside about 5 hours south of me it St Louis: "The gateway to the West" (lordy what a silly slogan):rolleyes: :p

Eternal Padawan
09-10-2001, 09:23 AM
And I don't follow football fanatically, but I often root for the New Orleans Saints because....GEEZ. They gotta win ONE of these days...

Mandalorian Candidat
09-10-2001, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Don't fret none, JT! At least LA still has the LA Express. Oh wait, that was the USFL. Well, there's still the LA Extreme. Oh yeah, the XFL folded too. That's right, there's the LA Avengers in the Arena League, but didn't they shut down as well?

My advice is to just move out of town or start watching something else, like the LPGA.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2001, 06:08 PM
Become an Arid-zona Cardinals fan, JT! Rumor is that they'll be the team we in the LA area will be honored with, once Phoenix realizes it's too hot to come out, paying inflated prices, to see football of lesser quality than the in-town ASU Sun Devils.

NFL = No Football in LosAngeles

JediTricks
09-11-2001, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I was under the impression, all your fooseball teams left because of cruddy attendance numbers, low merchandise sales, and an overall lack of enthusiasm for them. Not you specifically JT, but LA in general seemed to have an apathetic stance towards pro football and that's why your lovable Rams now reside about 5 hours south of me it St Louis: "The gateway to the West" (lordy what a silly slogan):rolleyes: :p That's why the Rams left, I believe, but the problem there was that the Raiders were the #1 team here in LA, and people weren't used to not cheering for the Raiders. The Rams simply weren't patient, it's hard when more than half the population of your city has been used to cheering for another team instead of you. ;)

Bel-Cam, I lived in Phoenix for 9 months and even was a fan of the Phoenix Suns, but it'd take a huge cash giveaway to me to get me to be interested in the Cardinals!

TeeEye7
09-11-2001, 06:50 AM
NFL=National Felons League.

Bring on the NHL and the KINGS! :D

Lobito
09-12-2001, 03:52 PM
REDSKINS!!! They lost awfully against SD, but i still hve faith in them.

2-1B
04-06-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Oakland [Tusken] Raiders/KC Chief Chirpas

That's awesome Bel-Cam, what are some other SW mascots?

Chicago Bear [Clan].

Dallas [Death] Stars.

Washington [Coruscant] Capitals.

Ottawa Senator [Whomevers (insert character name)].

Phoenix [Twin] Suns [of Tatooine].

Buffalo [Light] Sabers.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-06-2002, 11:22 AM
How about the Detroit Red [A-] Wings?

The Minnesota [Skywalker] Twins?

:zzz:

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
The Minnesota [Skywalker] Twins?

:zzz:

Not if MLB has anything to say about it.;)

2-1B
04-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Palpatine vs. Skywalker Twins = Selig vs. Minnesota Twins. :D

Good ones, LBC :)

Let's think of more . . .