PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2: The MIB connection

Magnolia-Fan
09-09-2001, 02:30 PM
So, is Kit Fisto the baby from MIB "all grown up"?

Or, since Star Wars takes place, "A long time ago...", is he the alien baby's grandfather?

Magnolia-Fan
09-09-2001, 02:31 PM
Here's the baby also, for reference...

master jedi
09-09-2001, 08:40 PM
I remember hearing this before, either in another thread or at theforce.net but I do remember hearing about them looking the same.

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 09:20 PM
I could go with the boring response and spout off some nonsense about coincidence and subliminal design influencing, seeing as how ILM did the effects for MIB, but I won't.

This is actually a very subtle plot device so GL can tie MIB in with the Star Wars universe. GL was a huge fan of MIB and decided he wanted to find a way to link it to SW, thus he came up with Kit Fisto who will also appear with Mace Windu in MIB 2. Culminating in the cameo appearance of Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, as Agents J and K, in Ep3! Oh boy! I can't wait!!:D

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:48 AM
Its just coincidence that they look the same :)

Eternal Padawan
09-10-2001, 04:14 PM
Also coincidentally, Han Solo looks suspiciously like Indiana Jones, both of which were Lucasfilm movies. I smell a conspiracy!!!

master jedi
09-10-2001, 09:25 PM
And the hat that Jake Fratelli (from the Goonies) wears looks a lot like the one Indiana Jones wears. Both movies having to do with Spielberg.

GNT
09-11-2001, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Also coincidentally, Han Solo looks suspiciously like Indiana Jones, both of which were Lucasfilm movies. I smell a conspiracy!!!

Maybe because H. Ford played Han Solo and Indiana Jones A big Conspiracy :D

Obi-Don
09-12-2001, 08:55 AM
You mean that Han and Indy were played by an actor.Thier not real:eek: I don't care what any of you say.They are real,Do you hear me REAL!:D

Eternal Padawan
09-12-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by GNT

Maybe because H. Ford played Han Solo and Indiana Jones A big Conspiracy :D

Oh yeah? Smart guy?? I happen to know that Gasgano DID talk...I have the CommTech chip to prove it...so nyeeah:p

:rolleyes: ;) :) :D

tagmac
05-12-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm new to this forum, so maybe this has been covered before. I was watching "Men in Black" the other day, and when the alien has the baby "squid", it looks EXACTLY like Kit Fisto's head, only brown. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I think Lucas and Co. could have been a little more original when they thought up this character.

Pendo
05-12-2002, 04:40 PM
LOL, never noticed before but now you mention it they do look similar. I'll try and find some pictures.

PENDO!

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 11:22 PM
File this thread under: "Pointless Complaining"

He's a minor background character with no lines, who cares?

Y'know what I really hate? How Count Dooku looks so much like Dracula in those old horror flicks. Why couldn't they have designed a more original character?:rolleyes:

SithDroid
05-13-2002, 12:52 AM
LOL bigbarada.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 02:54 AM
Somebody mentioned the MIB/Kit Fisto thing a looooooong time ago. A long time ago.

El Chuxter
05-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
File this thread under: "Pointless Complaining"

He's a minor background character with no lines, who cares?

Y'know what I really hate? How Count Dooku looks so much like Dracula in those old horror flicks. Why couldn't they have designed a more original character?:rolleyes:

Kit "One of the best AOTC figures" Fisto has no lines? Isn't that a spoiler? :)

And I can't stand how Grand Moff Tarkin looks so much like a Nazi crossed with a guy from those old horror flicks--and a lot like the dude from Top Secret, too. :Pirate:

Jonna
05-13-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

Kit "One of the best AOTC figures" Fisto has no lines? Isn't that a spoiler? :)

And I can't stand how Grand Moff Tarkin looks so much like a Nazi crossed with a guy from those old horror flicks--and a lot like the dude from Top Secret, too. :Pirate:

Well, wasn't there that speculation about the corilation between the SW story and the Holocoust. I mean "Stormtroopers" and all?

Fulit
05-13-2002, 01:34 PM
I hate Kit Fisto now, for no other fact than that his action figure is clogging the crap out of shelves, making new finds a rarity. Every time I see his stupid face staring at me from the shelves I want to scream.

Beast
05-13-2002, 01:38 PM
He's clogging pegs there Fulit? Wow, here in MI my local TRU is drying up with him. Padme is completly sold out there, as is C-3PO. R2-D2 is getting harder to find, as is Kit Fisto. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 03:49 PM
MI? Where in MI? Did you know most of my relatives live near Muskegon? I love going up there in the summer. The lake is wonderful...and all the bikinis! Yummy.

Yoda is the only HTF figure anywhere here in IA. Even KB has a grand selection of Royal Guards and hangar Duel Anakins and stuff. Still lookin' for Dooku, too.

I can't wait for clearance prices when I grab up all the BattleDroids, Super Battle Droids, Geonosians, Endor Troops, Clonetroopers, etc... Army Buildin' I am...

2-1B
05-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Awhile back they did a compariosn of Padme and that girl from another sci-fi property, Battlestar Galatica (?)
The 2 Counts look similar too . . .

JediTricks
05-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Ep 2 Padme's outfit is similar to Col. Wilma Deering's outfit from Buck Rogers.

2-1B
05-14-2002, 12:44 AM
Buck Rogers, yes that's it - did you here about the Count comparisons too? I saw comparison shots and there are coincidences. :D

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Did anyone notice how much Obi Wan looks like the guy from "Moulin Rouge"? Man that is amazing....

JediDan
05-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Did anyone notice how much Obi Wan looks like the guy from "Moulin Rouge"? Man that is amazing....

LOL :D :D

2-1B
05-14-2002, 09:03 PM
Since Kit is a "ripoff" of MIB, can I get away with a Verne S. Troyer theme by displaying my Kit Fisto, Mini-Me, & Mini-Me Space Suit figures in a diorama? :D
(Verne played the squid Fisto baby in MIB)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Since Kit is a "ripoff" of MIB, can I get away with a Verne S. Troyer theme by displaying my Kit Fisto, Mini-Me, & Mini-Me Space Suit figures in a diorama? :D
(Verne played the squid Fisto baby in MIB)
Umm . . . wasn't the squid baby a bit small to be played by a human? I believe everyone is talking about the one that is birthed in the car and throws out Will Smith. Vernie played the "baby" in the scene when J (Will) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) walk into the headquarters with all the aliens who runs up and hugs his mother/father. You know, right after K says ". . . absolutely dick."

Taichi
05-16-2002, 03:27 PM
I love Fisto....he totally rocks!!!

Moderator notes: Spoilers removed.

mylow thehutt
05-16-2002, 03:34 PM
yeah and Mace puts off this Shaft vibe.Well we have E.Ts and now.....well what ever species Kit is.:sur:

dirtybones
05-16-2002, 03:45 PM
Fisto rocked! he was so cocky with the way he did things. I hated him at first, but after seeing him in action he is one of my new favorites.

El Chuxter
05-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Kit Fisto--cool action figure and the best Jedi to [spoiler not included].

Love that grin! :D

bobafett07728
05-17-2002, 12:38 PM
Was it just me or did one of the groups of aliens in the MIB II trailer look like the same species as one of the Podracers. They are firing some kind of blaster(s). It flicked on the screen so fast that it was hard to see even the second time I watched it. I'm going to check it out again tonight. Anyone else see it. . .or care?

scruffziller
05-22-2002, 07:07 PM
Turn his skin gray and it looks almost identical to that alien that "J" delivers from Men in Black. Anybody from that corner also working on SW??????? Or is Georgie running out of ideas??

Beast
05-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Check this thread, frankly it's a pointless complaint.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8057

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

yukface27
05-22-2002, 08:29 PM
That's a very good point, he does look a lot like that baby. Is he some sort of mutated Twi'Lek?

A'Sharad Hett
05-22-2002, 10:00 PM
and that actor portraying Anakin is COMPLETELY trying to look like that kid from Life as a House.... Man I am SO angry. And the duck jedi? Another COMPLETE rip off of toilet duck.

El Chuxter
05-23-2002, 12:47 PM
I thought the duck Jedi was a blatant ripoff in the following scene, which was cut from the final film:

Obi-Wan: "Do you believe what Dooku said about Sidious controlling the Senate?"
Yoda: "The Dark Side in Dooku is strong. A Master of lies and deceit he is."
Mace: "But how do we insure ourselves in case what he said is true?"
Duck Jedi: "AFLAC!!"

:Pirate:

Magnolia-Fan
05-23-2002, 05:31 PM
For Kit Fisto & MIB baby pics, look here...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=770