PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hasbro, a line for Concept characters that never made it to the movie...

Darth Ovori
05-07-2002, 05:38 PM
I do feel that I'm bored 40 Darth Muals in different poses and packages...

Instead of remaking movie figures how about a line of Concept figures that never made it to the movie...

Theres hundreds of cool variations and chracters that never made it to the movie...

Example, your COncept Stroomtrooper is too cool on your fan choice... And more figures like this should be made...
A Stroom trooper with a Lightsaber is too much to pass up on...

Thier different, fresh and not form the movie...

I'll love to have a Concept Vader with ant/samuria head rather than a bespin vader...

Hope you guys at Hasbro take note, since seeing you already did with the Ayla Secura request...

RooJay
05-08-2002, 12:50 AM
While I really like the new Besping Vader, and wouldn't mind seeing some of the other figures resculpted to be more accurate as well, I would love to see an entire seperate line of concept figures! This way, you can make as many versions of Luke and the other major characters as you can sell, and we still get something different for our collections! I can imagine all the diorama builders, and customizers (both breeds of collectors that are known to buy many multiples of particular figures!) would love to have figures of this type to add more flavor to their displays! The important thing to realize though, is that the overwhelming majority of us DO NOT want any of these figures IN PLACE OF movie oriented figures in the regular line. This type of line, as well as an expanded universe line would sell great ALONGSIDE the regular SAGA line, in my opinion! Please look into it!:D

2-1B
05-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Sansweet wrote a book called "From Concept to Screen to Collectible", so should we really be cutting out an important step of the process? :crazed:

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 02:10 AM
I want one of the Giant Concept Battle Droids (the one's that were twice the height of humans), and the Battle Droids with Jet-Packs.

The cannibalistic insectoids known as the Colicoids (maufacturer of the Droidekas that are in thier own likeness)

JediTricks
05-08-2002, 05:27 AM
Concept figures, I'd love to see these! Especially Concept Stormie, Concept Vader, Concept R2-D2, and Concept Chewie! That'd be a great start, so long as they weren't poorly-executed junk.

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 09:48 AM
i too would like to see a concept figure line up! Some fans want it with the regulare assortment or have it in ther own line up. then there are others who don't care for them. As for my opinion, i don't care where it's offered as long as it's made. As long it's a star wars figure, i will buy it! I can't have enough different star wars figures. HASBRO, more figures, PLEASE!!!!!:crazed:

Dryanta
05-08-2002, 10:53 AM
hey hasbro,
If you look at this idea in light of the concept Air speeder,speeder bike,and cloud car,please don't.They were not done all that well.
The ideas posted here would sell if done right.I would definately buy some just for the novelty of having them next to the characters that ended up being the final versions.As long as the charcters that did appear in the films don't suffer.Same with expanded Universe product.I personally wouldn't buy any but I know there are alot of people right here that would.Give them,your loyal customers ,what they want.You won't regret it.You will if you don't though.

187-Maul
05-08-2002, 01:31 PM
I would definelty buy the concept figures, if done right of course
I guess the concept stormie won't win because of the great demand for the dignatarie so please make a line for the concept figs
or just make some figs like vader and a stormtrooper
the normal line wouldn't suffer that much from it, I mean it's better then just another TPM Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Ovori
05-08-2002, 02:33 PM
Example of Cool Soldiers...

Notice the awesome para-trooper...

http://www.eklectia.com/Images/star.../new/clone2.jpg

http://www.eklectia.com/Images/star...al_mcdonald.jpg

http://www.eklectia.com/Images/star...netrooper-3.jpg

Taichi
05-09-2002, 01:50 PM
Yeah, but Sansweet is just one guy.....

Concept to Screen to Collectible has NO bearing on Hasbro making their money!

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 02:18 PM
Darth Ovori, your links aren't working, I keep getting "Oops, page not found" and some ad for a free web site.

If these are done in the same way as the POTF2 concept mini-vehicles, like Dryanta said, then forget it. However, fan choice figures are usually pretty well made so hopefully not. I would buy concept figures from the original Star Wars designs (ANH), like concept versions of Threepio, Vader, Trooper, Artoo, Chewie, Luke, Han, Leia, Ben (especially the original oriental version of Ben) etc; but outside of that, I'm not really interested.

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 02:29 PM
Darth Ovori,

your links arn't working at all, just like bigbarada said. I'm curious to what they look like.

2-1B
05-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
Yeah, but Sansweet is just one guy.....
Concept to Screen to Collectible has NO bearing on Hasbro making their money!

Shhh, you're sabotaging my campaign! :D :D :D ;)

Same here with the "oops, page not found" problems. :)

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 03:00 PM
OK! QUIET EVERY ONE! QUIET!

WHO SAID THAT!

WHO YELLED OUT "STAR WARS CONCEPT LINE FIGURES"!?!?!?!?

ok i tried to quiet them down

psst... a seperate wave of concept figures.

evenflow
05-09-2002, 04:08 PM
I say that another EU line should be considered before a Concept line.

I hope the Dignitary wins.

El Chuxter
05-09-2002, 05:44 PM
Like it or not, Hasbro will make concept figures--Sith Apprentice Maul, Jedi Training Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. . . the list will go on.

If they're gonna do it, how's about a special wave of conceptual figures? Vader, Chewie, Anakin Starkiller, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, C-3PO, and Minch Yoda would be shoo-ins for such a line.

And keep the "real" EU figures in the Saga line. :)

Taichi
05-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

Shhh, you're sabotaging my campaign! :D :D :D ;)

Same here with the "oops, page not found" problems. :)

Oh, but I am all for the Concept Stormie.....oh yes I am.....

sabotage is the name of the game, when my pick is struggling for points.....

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:49 PM
I hope nobody minds, but I've decided to post a few pics here to give Hasbro an idea of what we're talking about!;)

Starting with the early concept for the whole gang:

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:50 PM
A close-up of "Obi Han" and Leia/ Luke:

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:51 PM
The scary lookin' Chewie concept:

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:54 PM
The "Sith Witch":

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:56 PM
"Baby Yoda":

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:58 PM
NAKED JAR JAR!

-JK!;)

RooJay
05-09-2002, 07:59 PM
A REALLY cool looking Snowtrooper concept!:

RooJay
05-09-2002, 08:01 PM
Luke on a Swoop (Speeder Bike) concept:

RooJay
05-09-2002, 08:02 PM
the "Stormtrooper" Battle Droid concept:

I'm telling you, a WHOLE line of these figures would ROCK!:D

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 11:02 PM
RooJay

thanx for posting the concept drawings

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
If they're gonna do it, how's about a special wave of conceptual figures? Vader, Chewie, Anakin Starkiller, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, C-3PO, and Minch Yoda would be shoo-ins for such a line.

And keep the "real" EU figures in the Saga line. :) Chux, I wanna see concept figs, but I think your idea is a mistake - if Hasbro does a separate line, this will hurt both that separate line AND the regular Saga line in retailers' eyes (and they're the ones who are important to the continuation of SW figures). Retailers won't want to make room for a separate SW line and those that do will make room by cutting back on Saga - then if certain figs from this become popular, these retailers will have to order MORE special separate cases that will have the figures they DON'T need.

Doing it in Saga is the best way to go because if some of these figures DO fail, Hasbro can thin those figures that aren't popular out of cases while continuing to ship new product all while keeping the pegs under one banner.

RooJay, awesome pics. That Ralph McQuarrie concept poster of the ANH crew is so cool, I'd love to see figures of all these guys. Think you can find scans of the Stormie concept and Vader concept?

mark2d2
05-10-2002, 04:03 AM
Not to rain on anybody's parade --- but this idea simply just doesn't interest me.

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 09:38 AM
the idea if a concept figures is generating interest. it's not everyone "cup of tea" but i still think its cool looking.

Darth Ovori
05-10-2002, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry if the links are not working now...
I'm gonna try find more...

RooJay thanx for helping, got any of the BobaFett... The white version...

Darth Ovori
05-10-2002, 10:52 AM
CONTIAN SPOILERS OF EPISODE 2 THESE LINKS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED... ;)

Hope these work...

http://www.eklectia.com/Images/star_wars/empire/fett-white2.jpg

http://www.eklectia.com/Images/star_wars/empire/fett-white3.jpg

Go to this page and in the middle theres the CLone trooper concept...

http://www.eklectia.com/star_wars_html/episode2/episode2main.html

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Darth Ovori

it works. thanx.

go concept stormtrooper!

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 11:26 PM
JT, when I walk into my local Wal Mart I see multiple toylines for figures like Power Rangers, Pokemon, and WWF (Now the WWE, I guess) and they have MUCH LARGER sections than the piddling SW POTJ section crammed up in with the Bey blades (how I hate the beyblades). I think different SW lines would actually increase shelf space, unless WM is particularly vindictive against Star Wars and cuts it down to one peg.

JediTricks
05-14-2002, 01:48 AM
SOTE is a perfect economic model for this, it cut into the POTF2 cases stores were ordering and cut the POTF2 pegs in half, then when some of the figures stagnated badly and they KEPT getting in nothing but SOTE, POTF2 suffered lower case orders because "they were both Star Wars" and the stores had already ordered. It was a downward spiral that really hurt POTF2 for a while.

RooJay
05-14-2002, 03:35 AM
Honestly, I think I'd place more blame for SOTE on the marketing department. I'm just not so sure it was presented to retail buyers in the right way. That line, and the whole "mulit-media event" just wasn't what it should've or could've been. That and the fact that many of the figure designs for that line were horrible, and not very "Star Wars" at all. I think SOTE is a really poor example of what we all know COULD work if done right. I give Hasbro too much credit though.