PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the publibity??

JediDan
05-07-2002, 07:02 PM
I remember for Episode 1 the Fast Food tie ins, lots of coverage on Entertainment Tonight, 60 minutes, behind the scenes interviews at Lucas' ranch, every theatre did the Midnight showings etc... Only 1 TRU in Minneapolis did Midnight Madness this year, where last time all of them did. I know there is promotional stuff going on now but nothing like last time. I have only seen two Episode 2 commercials so far and the movie is out next week. I miss being bombarded like last time. Anyone else noticing this too??

Bel-Cam Jos
05-07-2002, 07:30 PM
To quote Sith Mistress Darth Martha, "It's a good thing." :eek: ;) The hype is what brought people's enjoyment of TPM down. If lines like "This will rival the birth of your children!" or whatever couldn't hold up to a simple film, well, then lots of moviegoers would be disappointed. Star Wars IS still a film after all, even if we fans enjoy it so much. But I do miss the soda cans and restaurant promos.

JediDan
05-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Yes that's what I miss the most too. I loved collecting the Pepsi cans and trying to get that Gold Yoda can (which I never did) Oh well, you do bring up a good point about making too much hype. I still miss it though. :)