PDA

View Full Version : Live from Skywalker Ranch: Countdown to the clones.

2-1B
05-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Anyone watch this program tonight on CNN hosted by Connie Chung? She did live interviews with
George (not a very impressive interview, should have been longer and more in depth) - plus I would have liked for him to address the rumors that he's dating a Playmate. :D He mentioned that Spider-Man should be worried about AOTC taking their business, and in turn he said LFL is worried about MIIB coming up after them.
Hayden, he had a good case of "bed head" going on. He talked a bit about how he got the role and the fact that he does not have any of the evil of Anakin/Vader in him. "I'm just an actor", he explained.
Samuel L. Jackson talked a little about golf (of course) and the fun he had with his arena scenes. He said it was just like playing as an only child because he always had to imagine his battles.
Frank Oz explained to Connie that he's glad Yoda was CGI because it worked so well. He was happy to do just the voice because what's important is getting the character to work in whatever way is best for the story.
Rob Coleman was on in conjunction with Oz, he talked mostly about animating Yoda. I can't say anything else there because I was on the phone at the time of this part. :D But I'll go back and rewatch it.

The show also had a prerecorded interview clip with Natalie (no new info that I noticed) and some historical perspectives. I think they had a critic who saw the movie say that he thinks Lucas has delivered in this film the different elements that fans want.

What I liked most were the new (albeit short) clips from the movie. I remember a shot of Yoda when he tells Padme that seeing her safe warms his heart and another shot of a cranky Yoda coming out of meditation.

Anything else you want to contribute?

Battle Droid
05-07-2002, 10:51 PM
It was AWESOME, I got it all on tape! :D

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 12:00 AM
Connie Chung did a terrible job. Why couldn't they get someone better to do the interviews? She asked the dummest questions and she never listened to what they said. She seemed confused and I think it was an awfull interview. It could of been so much better had someone else done the interview. IMO
But who cares cause the movie will be here soon!

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 12:23 AM
Yeah she was pretty dumb, Yoda using a gun? LOL.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 01:22 AM
I also should have mentioned that Lucas is pocketing 40% of the ticket sales.
So by my math I've already thrown . . . . about $18 into his Episode III coffers. :D

JetsAndHeels
05-08-2002, 01:30 AM
That should pay for one flannel shirt, Caesar.
Good job, I am sure George appreciates it.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 01:49 AM
I hope so too Jangy96,
'cause he's gettin' a whooooole closest's worth from me this summer! :D

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I hope so too Jangy96,
'cause he's gettin' a whooooole closest's worth from me this summer! :D

Hey hey; he'd better make sure he doesn't spend it all on his flannel shirt collection! He needs to save enough to make Episode III remember? ;) :D

JetsAndHeels
05-08-2002, 03:04 PM
Between you and me and everyone else Caesar, Uncle George is going to have a flannel empire!!