PDA

View Full Version : I have to ask,who enjoyed Spiderman?

SID
05-07-2002, 09:42 PM
I saw Spiderman and it was a pretty good movie,do you guys and gals agree?

r2dee2
05-07-2002, 10:25 PM
SID, I have to agree. I saw Spiderman today and really enjoyed it :)

good shot jansen
05-08-2002, 07:33 AM
i saw it with mason this past weekend, and we both loved it.

spider man was my favorite comic book as a kid, and it stayed fairly true to the comics.

i only wish that for the movie, they had brought back spider man's original love interest, gwen stacey. mary jane watson was on,y introduced after the green goblin had killed gwen by throwing her off the top of the brooklyn bridge. (an amazing moment in the world of kids comic books, very sobering).

now if only they would make some micro machines based on marvel comic books! (back on topic!)

actually they did! pretty crummy ones at that :(

dr_evazan22
05-08-2002, 09:36 AM
I liked it also. I saw it while at C2. There was a brief trailer for the Hulk next summer.

Did anyone else see a boom microphone hanging down in a few scenes?

Looking forward to the next 2 movies.

Sakay
05-08-2002, 01:49 PM
I saw it last weekend, really cool. Tobi Mcguire acts like a zombie, would of like to see an actor with more flare,but still action packed. Cant waite for Daredevil with Ben Afflect to come out! I didn't know about the hulk even better news!

SWAFMAN
05-08-2002, 04:25 PM
I saw it last weekend... (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=77203#post77203)

dr_evazan22
05-08-2002, 09:21 PM
SWAFMAN- I just read your post on the other thread. In the comics Harry (as well as a few other people ) take up the GGoblin mantle.

The way that movie continuity differs from comic continuity, I wouldn't be too surprised if Harry creates Spider Slayer robots instead of Smythe, then Harry could also enlist JJJ too.

Doc Ock would be excellent! They may also do the Lizard, since Dr Connors was mentioned.

haggie
05-09-2002, 02:20 PM
dr_evazan22, if you saw a boom during the film then the theatre you saw it at had it framed wrong. I've seen a few movies that were presented wrong in a theatre. Really annoying to constantly see the boom enter the screen.

I loved the film. I am a long-time Spidey fan and it totally exceeded my expectations. I too, wish that thye wouldn't have crammed decades of Green Goblin stories into one movie but it's okay. Ideally we would have had the origin story with Gwen Stacy and the Green Goblin in the first film, then the death of Gwen Stacy and the Goblin in the second film but I'll live. :)

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 11:12 PM
I really really enjoyed this film. I thought it was great in part because it was better than the sum of its parts.

... Swaffy feels I should link to my post about Spider-Man in the Movies section as well: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=80897#post80897

MichaelV103
05-10-2002, 01:40 PM
I loved Spider-man. Saw it twice already. I heard that the villian in the next movie will be Dr. Octopus.

SWAFMAN
05-10-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by MichaelV103
I loved Spider-man. Saw it twice already. I heard that the villian in the next movie will be Dr. Octopus.

Where did you hear that? That would be excellent! As I said in another post, I'd like to see Harvey Keitel in that role.

JediTricks
05-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Not a bad casting choice Swaffy! Haven't heard that this Doc Ock rumor is true though.

dr_evazan22
05-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Someone asked what w/ thought of Indy, I forget who, and I wanted to say that I enjoyed the little bit that I saw, but I did have a particular negative experience that I hope isn't indicative of Indy.

It's something that is very personal and I'm hesitant to share, but I cam use a little help.

On Sun I was using a pay phone when this guy comes up from behind me and hits me on the head. Then, as I'm on my knees he sticks a gun in my face and takes all my money and credit cards.

I was, and still am, SO P***ED OFF!!

I've never felt threatned or intimidated before; I grew up taking the El to school or around the city, in Philly, at pretty much any time of day or night.

Never one problem.

Then THIS.

I was lucky that a fellow SW fan saw it and was able to take a photo. We (he) got the film developed that day for the police. If you know what hotel, or where this guy was staying, and can help, please email or PM me.

dr_evazan22
05-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a 35' Blockade Runner at C2 by Michael Fright? I was looking forward to seeing that.

I'm not a huge fan of the SW Legos, but the displays (Geo. Battle, Battle of Endor, life-size Destroyer Droid) they had up looked great. I would've purchased any of those. I got the Lego Blockade Runner this week and am carefully putting it together so my cats don't get any pieces.

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 08:50 PM
evazan that's a riot.You had me going there.I was thinking.Why didn't he mention that before?lol good one.
oops sorry haven't seen spidey yet.I will be soon.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-10-2002, 09:30 PM
I saw it Thursday night (5/9) at an IMAX theatre screen (overrated) and liked it. Just like GSJ said, if you knew the storyline of the Green Goblin from the Spidey comics, you knew basically most of the movie. And yes, I would have thought Gwen Stacey would have been a nice added touch for the movie since the Goblin did off her at the bridge.

Aside from the many minor (and some major) continuity errors between the comics and the movie (I heard from the radio that there was at least 90!:eek: ) the movie was decent. They had everything from the spider bite (that was a little different) to Aunt May and Uncle Ben, to the wrestling match (with Macho Man Randy Savage no less!), Flash from his high school and J. Jonah Jameson.

I don't know if Doc Ock will be the next villain. You know they have to continue the story line about Harry becoming the Green Goblin in the second movie. Maybe he can have a partner in crime like Doc Ock, the Chameleon, Electro or the Lizard. Maybe even Venom could make an appearance!

Another thing the movie did (just like the X-men movie) was tease you for the next installment. I left the movie theatre a little bit saddened because you know the sequel won't be out probably for another 2 years or so.

dr_evazan22
05-10-2002, 10:24 PM
LOL!
I just realized I posted twice in the wrong thread! *******!
:D
Does anyone know if they can be moved to the C2 thread?

But, back to Spidey...
I liked the way they handled the voices in Normies head, making it seem almost like there was another person in the room. The scene in front of the mirror was good.

JediTricks
05-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Which one?

Yoda Likes Golf
05-13-2002, 12:59 PM
In an interview george lucas says he is almost certain attack of the clones will not TOP spiderman in its first few days due to the reason spiderman was shown in 8,000 cinemas and star wars will be under 6,000

dr_evazan22
05-13-2002, 06:21 PM
The scene where the Golin personality was becoming srtonger, and it looked almost like Norman was looking thru to another room. The evil Norman/Goblin personality we saw walking closer in the mirror, and Good Norman was walking away from our POV, to the mirror.

JediTricks
05-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Which one? "Which C2 thread?" :D

dr_evazan22
05-13-2002, 07:03 PM
:crazed: Tycho's poll thread: What did you think of the Official Star Wars Celebration 2?:crazed:

I saw the "What did you think of..." on the bottom toolbar and assumed it was the C2 thread! :crazed: :D

RooJay
05-14-2002, 07:25 PM
Uhh...I loved Spider-Man, but what does it have to do with Micro Machines?!:confused:

JediTricks
05-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Hmm, choose from the following:

1) The Micro Machines forum is a close community;
-or-
2) Galoob once did Marvel comics Micro Machines, six of which were Spider-Man vehicles.

:D

RooJay
05-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Either way, it still seems this thread is in the wrong forum to me.

good shot jansen
05-15-2002, 11:41 AM
hang around for a spell, and you'll see other ot threads!

we've been doing this kinda thing for years down here in mm land, and have had great success in allowing ot threads to remain and flourish here.

it gives everybody here a chance to learn a little more about everyone beyond the given that they love micro machines.

it's brought us all into a close knit community, and as it's been going on this way for some three years, there's been no real need to move ot posts outta this section.

again, welcome, stay for awhile, i think you'll like the tone we set here!

np: the who - come to this house

SID
05-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Hello RooJay,we all love and talk MM & AF here,but it's also nice to kickback and talk about something off subject just for a little while,but I would love to see hasbro take advantage of the wild popularity of the Spiderman movie and make a nice Micro Machines or Action Fleet playset with mini skyscrapers etc. that would be very cool DAWG!;)