PDA

View Full Version : ESB 25th Anniversary 2-Packs

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 08:47 PM
This might seem a little early, but considering the long lead times needed to produce action figures Hasbro's probably already considering these.

Assuming that these would follow along the same lines as the upcoming ANH 25th 2-packs, my ideas would be:

Luke and Vader- during the "I am your father scene."

Chewie and Lando- posed with Chewie choking Lando after Lando has just set them free.

Han and Leia- getting close in the Millenium Falcon

Luke Dagobah with Yoda- Luke seated next to the Jedi Master as he schools him on the Force

Vader and Fett- in the dining hall, Vader holding Han's blaster

Any other ideas? (FYI ESB's 25th is in 2005)

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:53 AM
Han Solo - Torture rack w/ Vader

Greetings (could be big) - it is the scene were Han Solo and that land on Bespin and meet Lando and Bespin Guards :)

Eternal Padawan
09-10-2001, 08:51 AM
Han/Luke/Tauntaun.

Leia and Luke in Pajamas from ESB finale.

Chewbacca with 3PO on his back. (Although my Mechanic Chewie and break apart 3PO fill this slot quite nicely already, never put it past Hasbro to do a {SHUDDER} resculpt...)

Luke with Yoda on his back.

R2 fixing 3PO's foot.

Those are just a few...does anybody know what the exact scenes are from the ANH 25th anniversary sets? I know which figures are in them, but I'm not sure about which scenes.

bigbarada
09-10-2001, 08:59 AM
THe ANH 25th 2-Packs are:

Luke/Leia swinging across Death Star chasm or at least preparing to.

Ben/Vader presumably during the final duel of ANH, although no prototypes have been seen yet so who knows?

Han/Chewie in the classic 'guns drawn in front of the Millenium Falcon poses.' See the link below:

http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/basic/25th2pkhanchewieproto_scree.jpg]

JediCole
09-10-2001, 10:12 AM
I like some of the ideas presented here for 25th Anniversary packs. However, I think that a Yoda looking up as Luke does a handstand while trying to levitate things would be better use of the two in this format, complete with cargo boxes and a stack o' stones. This would give a more dynamic pose to Luke (especially on one hand and perhaps Yoda on his foot).

I love the idea of Luke and Vader during the "I am your father" scene. Most would have just gone straight for the obvious carbon freeze chamber sequence.

Another Chewbacca possibility would be Chewie and an Ugnaught (holding C-3PO's head as he is ready to pass it off to one of his coworkers). This would allow a molded backdrop of the "firey furnace" and a section of conveyer with a crate of 3PO parts.

El Chuxter
09-10-2001, 12:24 PM
Vader and Luke! Since Hasbro seems keen on producing scene-specific resculpts, that Vader's near the top of my list. Since The scene-specific resculpts we've seen carded have been mainly dumb or unnecessary poses, a two-pack is probably the only way we'll see this one.

Lando and Chewie is also a great idea, as is the idea of Yoda on Luke's foot. How about R2-D2 welding C-3PO together, with C-3PO holding his foot?

GNT
09-12-2001, 01:53 AM
How about:

Vader (Like the dagobah version we got) VS Luke with lightsaber with a bushie backdrop with a few snakes in the trees.

Take Away - The scene were guards take away the hovering Han Solo in Carbonite will include Fett :)

The Scene where the imperial officer (Bobas Day off) with Leia and that as Hostage with a stormtrooper!

evenflow
09-12-2001, 09:14 AM
1. Luke w/ Yoda

2. Boba Fett w/ Vader

3. Lando w/ Leia

Eternal Padawan
09-14-2001, 12:41 AM
1. Han with Yoda

2. Chewie with Boba Fett

3. Vader with Tauntaun

4. Leia with Ozzel

GNT
09-14-2001, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
1. Han with Yoda

2. Chewie with Boba Fett

3. Vader with Tauntaun

4. Leia with Ozzel

Eternal Padawan you do know the Anniversary 2 packs resemble important parts of the selected movie?, Which means we wouldn't see Han Solo with Yoda and Vader with Tauntaun,etc....

master jedi
09-14-2001, 10:02 PM
I'd like to see a Luke and Wampa 2 pack. The wampa could have a removable arm.

GNT
09-15-2001, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
I'd like to see a Luke and Wampa 2 pack. The wampa could have a removable arm.

Thats a good idea and beside everything these days have a removable part :) By the 25th Anniversary they might contain electronics :)

Eternal Padawan
09-15-2001, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by GNT

Eternal Padawan you do know the Anniversary 2 packs resemble important parts of the selected movie?, Which means we wouldn't see Han Solo with Yoda and Vader with Tauntaun,etc....

Obviously we didn't see the same movie...

When Obi Wan was appearing before Luke, Yoda was appearing before Han and showing him which way to go.

During the interogation scenes, Boba Fett brought in a portable djerik board and had a quick game with Chewie where they talked about Tatooine ( it gets really hot under all that fur and armor) and how Fett got his Wookiee braids (they were actually a gift from a Wookiee whose life he saved.)

After the battle of Hoth, Vader finds a wounded Tauntaun who he heals and takes aboard the Star Destroyer as a pet.

Leia has a flashback to Coruscant when she stumbled into the wrong 'fresher and saw Ozzel shaving his back.

So all my 2-packs were important scenes from the movie and I'll thank you to not question me again.;)

master jedi
09-15-2001, 08:14 PM
I'd like to see a 2-pack of 2-1B and Luke where 2-1B is giving Luke a new robotic hand.

Rollo Tomassi
09-16-2001, 12:25 AM
I'd like to see master jedi's "Buff Yoda" with a drill instructor hat screaming at Dagobah Luke...

"You maggot! You are not fit to be a Jedi! You are not fit to clean his boot with you tongue! You are the pond scum in a Gungan's butt crack! Now drop and give me five thousand!!!!"

That'd be a cool 2-pack;) :p

GNT
09-16-2001, 06:49 AM
So all my 2-packs were important scenes from the movie and I'll thank you to not question me again.;)

Sure ;)

Eternal Padawan 0, GNT 1

Rollo Tomassi
09-16-2001, 10:39 AM
I thought it was GNT(2) and Eternal Padawan Posts: 0 :rolleyes:

master jedi
09-16-2001, 06:31 PM
I'd love to see a 2-pack of Chewie strangling Lando.

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 08:09 AM
But 3PO would have to be on Chewie's back which would make it a 3-Pack and ruin the karma established by the whole 2-Pack thing...

El Chuxter
09-17-2001, 01:14 PM
Obviously we didn't see the same movie...

Nice to know someone else saw that version! :D I can't wait for the Lobot/Mynock two-pack from the scene where the Mynock ambushes Lobot outside the kitchen. Or a two-pack highlighting the tragic love affair between Torryn Farr and 4-LOM.

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 04:43 PM
Yup. Lobot was the star of the version I saw. Too bad his part got cut so bad in the "other" version...

GNT
09-18-2001, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Yup. Lobot was the star of the version I saw. Too bad his part got cut so bad in the "other" version...

The other version is way better for us normal people :D

Lobito
09-21-2001, 05:12 PM
The Vader and Luke scene "i am your father" is a great idea!!

Han in hoth gear with Hoth Luke (given the POTJ treatment)
Leia and Chewie in the carbon freezing scene.

Thats it!!:D

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 03:14 PM

Chewbacca with 3PO on his back. (Although my Mechanic Chewie and break apart 3PO fill this slot quite nicely already, never put it past Hasbro to do a {SHUDDER} resculpt...)

MWA HA HA!! I can see into the future!!

...er....

I mean Eternal Padawan can see into the future!!

MWA HA HA!!

psst.. JediTricks wears pants. Woo!
:Pirate: Arrrgh.

Sith Lord 0498
03-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Here's my suggestions for three ESB 25th Anniversary Packs

Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker: Luke (w/o hand) hanging from the pole with Vader beckoning to him.

Han Solo/Princess Leia: sharing their first real kiss in the Falcon (right before Threepio interrupts)

Yoda/Kenobi Spirit: scene where they beg Luke not to go to Cloud City

I think they should make these electronic sets and include real backgrounds. Here's the electronic ideas...

Vader/Luke - include the lines from "Obi-Wan never told..." to "Noooooo!!!!"; play the music cue in the background

Han/Leia - play their love theme for about 10 seconds or so

Yoda/Kenobi - include the lines "That boy is our last hope" "No, there is another..."

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 09:14 PM
I like the Vader/Luke idea, but I think that that is coming out later this year. If it is I'd like to see them fighting at the top of the steps of the carbon freezing area or in front of the window that Luke gets blown out of.

Leia and Han would be great in that famous kissing pose aboard the Falcon or in the Carbon Freezing area.

Chewbacca strangling Lando would be great also, however that would have to include C-3P0 on his back and Leia in the background. Too much.

Luke and Yoda in either his house or Yoda on Lukes back.

Vader and Boba Fett in the dining hall would be cool also.

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 10:25 PM
The Leia/Han perfectly captures the essence of the second film.

I don't think you can have a Luke/Yoda and a Luke/Vader. They certainly won't do two Luke 25thA packs. While the Vader version is THE greatest scene in motion picture history, it's symbolism has been overdone, so I think the Yoda version would be a nice compliment piece in capturing the melancholy essence of ESB. if you were going to du the Vader version it would HAVE to be the Bespin Revelation. other wise, why bother?

For the third one, I lean towards the 3PO/R2-D2 version simply because they got shafted on the ANH 25thA ones. I like the Vader/Fett one as well. There's a nice dynamic in that shot. Perhaps instead of the dining hall, then have the scene where Vader stops Fett from shooting Chewie (and Vader's beloved 3PO).

Other possibilities mentioned are
Han/Lando. Desn't really capture the scene too well, considering there are ten other characters standing around.

Chewie/Lando. Can't do it without having 3PO on Chewie's back and they are doing Chewie as a carded figure this year.

Chewie/Leia. A nice idea, but not as good as the Leia and Han version.

Chewie/Ugnaught. uhhh...no.

Luke/Leia. A really nice version of the finale, but their backs would be to us in the package, and both figures are better used in other two-packs.

Solo/Vader. Egads! I think Han on a torture rack would work better as a deluxe figure than as a two pack. This doesn't scream ESB anniversary to me either.:rolleyes:

Leia/Imperial Officer. This also seems like a second tier scene compared with Han/Leia and Luke/Yoda or Vader.

Lando/Leia. Not sure what scene you mean exactly, evenflow. Oh sure there are lots of Leia/Lando scenes, but one doesn't jump out at me. "You truly belong with us among the clouds." would get my vote, but not over a good Han/Leia scene.

Han/Luke. This would be a cool idea, but without a tauntaun it would look goofy. plus Luke is lying down and Han is crouched over him. not very dynamic as a toy...

SithLord0498's idea of electronic bases is an excellent idea, also.

stillakid
03-21-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Han Solo - Torture rack w/ Vader

I'm TOTALLY in support of this one! What a fantastic idea, mate! The torture rack is a sorely missed accessory in the toybox. Great idea! (I may have to craft one of those myself just for kicks)

For the other two, I'd have to vote for Han copping a feel with Leia on board the Falcon and

A new sculpt of Luke sitting in the dirt while Yoda delivers the best speech of the saga which describes the Force (but oddly enough leaves out the part about the Midichlorians...but that would make it a 25th Anniversary Billion Pack then, wouldn't it?)

jedibear
03-24-2002, 12:26 AM
"Encounter with A Jedi Master"

Luke Skywalker & Yoda in backpack. No buff Luke this time out. A real detailed swamp base.

"A Sith Lord Interrogates"

Darth Vader hovering over Han Solo strapped to torture rack.
Great idea, guys! I think this would be one of the biggest selling sets from any film PERIOD.

"Escape form Cloud City"

Princess Leia & Lando Calrissian blasting their way onto the dock containing the Millennium Falcon.

bigbarada
04-12-2002, 08:41 PM
How about:

Luke and Leia kissing in the Echo Base sick bay? :kiss:

stillakid
04-12-2002, 09:47 PM
What about that famous off-screen moment when Yoda tells Luke about Midichlorians?! ;)

Amanamike
04-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Now you know why they call it a "Sick Bay", iths where you see siblings kiss, thats sick!!!

stillakid
04-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
How about:

Luke and Leia kissing in the Echo Base sick bay? :kiss:

How about a three pack with our main heroes all in pucker-pose. Then you could interchange Leia between Echo Base with Luke and onboard the Falcon with Han. (what a sl*t!)

This would inspire the smooching cinema scene from ROTJ that could come with a Wicket.

After Ep III, we could have the off-screen love-making session between Ani and Amidala complete with a bed and soft-goods sheets.:D

Lord Tenebrous
04-12-2002, 10:30 PM
1. "...kiss a Wookie..." - Leia and Han
2. "...something not right..." - Luke and Yoda
3. "...chances of survival..." - Threepio and Artoo

RooJay
04-15-2002, 09:03 PM
AWWW YEAH!:crazed: