PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found (Merged thread)

brentfett
05-08-2002, 12:47 AM
Finally found Dooku and the other two at my Wal Mart tonight. I thought I was hallucinating! I gotta say, and I know I may get hammered here by everyone Still searching for Dooku, but as a DISPLAY figure I think he stinks. His cape is so loose, and the gimmick of the sword slashing has ruined him. His right arm (unless you squeeze the legs together) is forever locked in the same position. The leg squeezing stuff also makes an un-natural split at his waist as well. I hate to say it, but I think the mini Sidious is my favorite part about the figure! Massif is awesome, no real complaints other tahn the Geonosian handler being unable to stand very well. Orn Free Ta is beautiful. He is like Dexter: you know before you pull him free of the bubble that he's a great figure. A good amount of plastic for the money! Oh by the way I saw the new Qui Gon as well and picked it up long enough to shake my head before I threw it back in the river with his new pegwarmer buddies.

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 12:59 AM
How many points of articulation does the Massiff have?

Taichi
05-08-2002, 04:38 AM
That's right, Taichi has joined the ranks of those who are starting to find Dooku popping up in several more cases.....

here's the deal......went to my local Wal-Mart at 3:30 this morning, and went straight for the Saga figures......

saw Qui Gon, Massiff, and Orn Free Ta.......AND the new Endor Rebel Soldier

rounded the corner, and there were five cases, that appeared to be ransacked.......

after digging through them, and thinking that I had just missed Dooku, I actually found both of them, still in their case!!!

apparently somebody (I'm assuming it was an employee) had opened the cases, and simply abandoned them.....

I pretty much had the pick of the lot......

The New Mace and Jango aren't really anything special....One Jango was already missing his head.......and I hate BOTH new Mace's.......

I also saw the new Luke and Vader.......Impressive.......Most Impressive!!!

Forhekset
05-08-2002, 09:09 AM
Well sure you had your pick of the lot. You were there at 3:30 am for crying out loud :D

I bet that's a great feeling though. Freshly opened cases...no employees around to give you flak...ahhh.

DarthMushy
05-08-2002, 11:40 AM
That's cool!

By the time I got to Wal-Mart this morning on the way to work, the Lukes and Vaders were gone (but I found a Vader at a different store). I managed to forage enough to find all of the rest of the figures, though... someone had hidden a big stash of them behind some board games (hehe). They also had massive amounts of Dooku, Yoda, and HD Anakin.

So, for anyone who payed $30 on Ebay for a Dooku... Haaaaa haaaa (trying to do my Nelson impersonation from the Simpsons).

Now... if only Bespin Luke would show his scarred face to me...

brentfett
05-08-2002, 11:45 AM
I'll have to double check when I get home, but I believe it is pre-posed with no articulation.

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 02:21 PM
That sucks, isn't it the main figure, and the Handler the pack in? Or is the Massiff the pack in?

JediIan
05-08-2002, 05:11 PM
I want a dooku, but i refuse to pay ebay prices

hango fett
05-08-2002, 07:10 PM
taun we, royal gaurd, qui-gonn, endor soldier, massiff, and orn free taa!!!!!!! but the funny thing is that our local wal-mart hasn't got the bespin wave in yet...shouldn't they have gottten that before the massiff wave?????????it's all so confusing....

oh, and we got the zam variation, the one that says "with face-reveal mask!" what a day!

chris
05-08-2002, 07:48 PM
congrats on the find Hango

Beast
05-08-2002, 08:08 PM
According to a post over at Rebelscum's forums, The Geonosian Handler has the regular 6 points of articulation, and stands up without assistance, while the massiff has only one point- the mouth.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dirtybones
05-08-2002, 08:18 PM
Lucky dog!!

Taichi
05-08-2002, 08:47 PM
The Orn/Qui-Gonn wave was abundant in my area, but the Bespin wave that I Saw last night had disappeared in an instant......

Darth Detori
05-08-2002, 09:08 PM
I'm going to make a habit of getting up early and going to wal-mart before school until I find these figures (though I did get Final Duel Jango and Windu; SO cool)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Okay. Tell us your thoughts on Qui-Gon!!! I've seen him (at Celebration II) but never actually held him. Also, thoughts on the Massiff and the Endor guy too, if you could.

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 09:40 PM
I'll tell you my thoughts on the Qui-Gon (haven't seen the others)

Honestly I was excited to see him today at Wal-Mart because I haven't seen any new figs in quite a while. But they had two and I immediately grabbed on. Then I looked at it. Then I looked some more. Every time I looked the less I wanted him. His cloak is just atrocious and his head sculpt is also pretty bad. I wound up leaving him on the pegs (although I still might get one later for customizing into a new Jedi:))

hango fett
05-09-2002, 06:11 AM
my thoughts on qui-gon are this....he could be better. they need to make ALL the cloak removable and not just the part around his chest!

my thoughts on endor guy.....good army builder. he has quite a bit of stuff and the helmet can be placed on any figure but chewie.

my thoughts on massiff....pretty good. the keeper should have more stuff with him besides the harmess. have one of those blasters they have. the massiff is a pretty scary lookin dog.

orn free ta......good figure. weighs a ton, but has good face sculpture. he should have something besides a senate cam. palpintine allready had that.....

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 08:07 AM
I just happened to be at a TRU that I didn't really plan on going to. I decided to look (without much hope) and lo' and behole there he was! not only that but three of him. I bought them all. Two for me (1 carded and one to open) and one for a friend of mine. They also had a ton of yodas. I stopped counting at 8. I also stopped at the Wal Mart on the next block and found Mace. A little dissapointed with the "ah, I got MACE in the face" Windu sculpt. They also had tons of Royal guards, Taun We, and 1 Luminara. I didn't get any of these as I already have 6 Royal guards, 3 Taun We and 3 Luminara. (My fiancee accidentally bought the extra Taun We and Luminara, which she will be returning) I don't need them and maybe some lucky kid or collector will get them.

BTW, don't know if this has been mentioned before but one of the Dooku's I picked up is a variation (I think). He is missing the magnet from his hand and the "hole" is painted in but you can still see the depression from the missing magnet. Since I want to keep one carded, I decided on this one.

brentfett
05-09-2002, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I didn't realiz it at first, but the mouth does open and close. So much articulation!!!!

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Hango, you keep referring to yourself as WE. Do you have a complex like the gollum from LOTR? Or maybe you are thinking like a Gand (Zuckuss was one). They only refer to themselves in third party mode unless they have proven themselves. Just jibing you a little.

Lucky to finding the Masiff so quick. I am really looking forward to this wave. It hasn't hit here in Pittsburgh yet.

Jedi Drew
05-09-2002, 10:01 AM
The Massif is a pretty evil looking creature, I just picked it up today along with the rest of the Qui-Gon wave. Orn Fre is also a good figure. The rebel soldier is fair-I like the removable helmet feature. I can take or leave Qui-Gon, why do we need another:confused: :confused: :confused: HH:) :)

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 10:14 AM
I'm thinking of picking up the Qui Gonn at some point because Inned some Jedi customizing fodder. But I don't want to spend money on him that I could be using to buy a Dooku when I find him.

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Dak understands, Dak has to call himself Dak until he becomes a janwuine

Gand talk for ya, Sal :)

hango fett
05-09-2002, 10:42 AM
i refer myself as "we" because my father and i got them. we BOTH collect them. but i saw them first and swiped'em up! it was almost another 4\23!!!

evenflow
05-09-2002, 10:56 AM
I have not found anything new since the 23rd. I wish i could find something.

mightywhelk
05-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Hango, what happens when you and your father spot a figure that you both want and there is only one left? Do you brush familiy loyalties aside and trip him over?! :)

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Glad for you Hango. Nice to have someone else to support your habit (J/K) i mean collect with.

and Nice to know others know of the janwuine. I came to know this from the X-wing book series. (not a bad series BTW IMO, if your looking for something SW btween movies) READ!!!!!!!!!! much more to know about SW and it's fun to see characters in new adventures. You don't have to think of it as canon but just have fun!

hango fett
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
we both collect as one! we both own them! no 2 sets, just one big set!

Darth Nihilus
05-09-2002, 11:22 PM
I checked two major retailers today and picked up a few popular figures. Firstly, a my local Big W had one of the Bespin waves so I put 2 Vaders, Geo Mace, Final Jango and Jar Jar on lay-by. Then I headed over to K-Mart where they had put out two cases each of Waves 2 and 3. There were Royal Guards, Taun We's, Luminaras, Yodas and Jar Jars galore. Needless to say I put two Luminaras, a Taun We and Royal Guard on lay-by there. Now all I need is a Bespin Luke.:D

JediTricks
05-10-2002, 12:32 AM
Please use the Just Found section for your finds, the Saga section is already brimming with REGULAR posts about the figures, so to include a bunch of "look what I found" style posts when there's already a different section just for that seems like a waste of this section's resources.

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-10-2002, 07:27 AM
Here in my town we only have wal-mart and k-mart...each one has the new figures and Dooku is showing up again after the initial release which he spent almost 3 days onm the wal-mart pegs. there arent many collectors here so I can usually find the new figs although I could hardly find any bespin figs still need my MOC set of those....If anyone needs anything let me know and I will try to get it for you. IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW A JANGO SPOILER, DONT OPEN THE FINAL BATTLE FIG!!!!

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 11:02 AM
my wal mart sucks! Very hard for me to find stuff, but when i do, what a feeling! it's like find a prize! I still don't have Count dooku! did not see the bespin wave yet.

Jedi Drew
05-10-2002, 11:38 AM
I was just at the TRU by me looking for the Bespin wave and asked if they had any new figures. The guy working there was nice enough to go look in the back. He came out with a case with the Yodas and Dookus in it. I have them already. No Bespin wave either. The point is (like others have said) if you are nice and ask most of the time they will look in the backroom for you. He said that they didn't put them out since there was no room on the pegs. Be nice and ask-hope this helps you guys and girls that are looking for Dooku.:) :) HH

jad
05-10-2002, 09:03 PM
I have heard that a lot of walmarts are already getting the next new waves of Saga figures. I took a trip down to my local walmart this afternoon to see if I could have any luck. To my surprise we did not only have atleast one to two cases of the new assortments in, but we also must have got a ton of the first 3 waves again as well. A week ago probably about every other peg was half way open meaning a lot of figures had been bought. There still are atleast 200 figures on the shelves but people were still buying em. Anyway no the pegs are literally overflowing with figures. It made it hard to look through them to see if any of the other hard to find figures were now available.

Anyway I picked up the Massif and also saw the rebel endor trooper, orn free taa, no sight of Palpatine, but then again I didn't look really hard either. And also I was really surprised when I spotted one final battle Jango Fett, I didn't know this guy was supposed to be out yet.

So there you have it folks check your local walmarts so you can get the best prices on figures and hopefully score some cool new loot. I'm actually really happy that so many figures are getting shipped. Sure it overflows the stores, but it makes it way easier to find what you want.

I thought i'd also mention how much I like the Massif. While he doesn't have but one point of articulation (his jaw) he still is quite a cool little creature. Plus the pack in geonosian handler is quite cool on it's own. People have complained about how hard these guys are to stand up, but mine stands up quite well on it's own.

Happy hunting folks :)

SuperBattleDroid88
05-10-2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah Hasbro has done very good getting the figures out early!!!! I just love when I don't have to wait!!!! :D
I haven't found the waves yet but I haven't looked that much...
I'm sure I will find them. If I could find Dooku I can find this wave!

hango fett
05-19-2002, 08:16 AM
of al places again, a meijers hadf them! they had 4 maces, 2 darths, 2 lukes, 2 or 3 jangos. i got a double of darth and luke to take out and set up in there battleing stance. pretty cool figures. needs work on luke with his slashing attack because his lightsaber and the magnitized hand fly off every time i press that button, but thats ok...

as always,
HF

Taichi
05-19-2002, 12:24 PM
I never had a problem with the hand flying out.....

even when the saber is in one hand....

I usually pose Luke with both hands on it though, because it looks cooler.....

Mace Windex
05-20-2002, 11:10 AM
SO, the Screaming face Mace comes with the Luke, VAder and Final Jango?!?! DANG! I found Mace but not the others!!! :(

DarthMushy
05-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Went by my local TRU yesterday, and was amazed at the figures they had. I counted at least 25 Vaders, 15+ Lukes, and there were so many Mace's and Final Battle Jangos that I didn't even bother estimating.

So... they're coming.

hango fett
05-20-2002, 02:02 PM
well, TRU always has mass quantites of figures...thats pretty much normal amounts.

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 03:14 PM
I also found the Bespin wave at Target this morning. I ignored Orn Fre Taa but I picked up the new vader and two Endor Rebel Soldiers. The Vader is nice, but I'm not too impressed (except with his excellent metal saber; nice detailing) The Endor soldier is FANTASTIC! Amazing details and great articulation. You can pose him all sorts of ways.:) I may stop by on the way home and buy a couple more.

I was really bummed though because as soon as I saw the 9 or so Vaders sitting on the pegs, I figured they had Luke (which is what I want most) but he was nowhere to be found :(

The Endor Soldiers are great, but I NEED my Luke!

Vortex
05-20-2002, 06:13 PM
Target's HQ store has been the only place I've managed to find the new stuff. All the suburban TRU, WM, Kmarts, have only reloaded the pegs with the 1st collection.

I also know that the local TRU kids are selling cases out the back doors. A local scalper who sells to comic shops or tries, got 2 cases from a TRU employee.

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 08:24 PM
It was another one of those situations where I *almost* didn't stop by this particular Target, since their selection is usually crap. But it's right on my way home after work, and I do mean right on the way - I literally just have to pull off the side of the road and I'm at the store. So I figured oh what the heck, I can spare 5 minutes. Their selection pretty much was crap, like always, as far as the older figures go, but once I reached the end of the aisle, there they were, Orn Free Taa, bearded Endor Rebel Soldier, and Massiff. They even had doubles of Orn and the Endor soldier, but I just got one of each. Plus, much to my surprise, they had no less than 10 Royal Guards, 3 Taun Wes, and about 7 Luminaras. So if you're still having trouble finding those figures (I was for quite a while), don't despair - I think they're starting to show up with a bit more frequency. :happy: I was getting sorta dejected, after not finding any new figs for nearly 2 weeks, but now I'm content again.

Oh, and some kids were on the aisle with me, excitedly grabbing the Royal Guards and Luminaras. Nice to see that kids can actually find what they want now, let alone us collectors. As a collector it's dissappointing to constantly have trouble finding a figure, but when you're a kid, trying over and over to find a toy and never having any luck really breaks your heart, cuz when you're a kid a single toy can mean the world to you.

As for the figures:

Endor Rebel Soldier is very cool. Nice arm and wrist articulation, nice detail, nice paint job. The other I found was sort of missing some paint in a bad way around the temple areas on his hair so I left that one on the pegs. His gun is pretty floppy too but otherwise he's a cool fig. Some better leg articulation would have been nice, but what do you want for $6? His blast effect actually doesn't even look too bad either.

Orn Free Taa is very nice as well. Great detailing and paint on his robes, and his robes are made of several different pieces, which adds quite a bit to the figure. His senate droid with clear stand for "floating" action is ok too.

Massiff with Geonosian is also cool. Hardly any articulation on either figure though. The Massiff can er...move his jaw up and down. The Geonosian can only swivel his arms, legs, and head, and you have to hold your nose just right to get him to stand up. But the detail and paint job on both figures is supreme. Really nice stuff. A lot of bang for your buck, I'd say.

Now if I could just find that pesky Bespin Luke & Vader....

Masterjedi73
05-23-2002, 07:23 AM
Found her at Target last night....only one there...the rest of them were peg warmers.

My son wanted the deluxe jango cause the jet pack makes noise....

really dumb figure, though....huge hole in his back without the jet pack, and the jet pack is way too big.

jedi master sal
05-23-2002, 08:36 AM
I got these at an exclusive toy store here in Pittsburgh. Couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't think these were supposed to be out until June or July.

My critique is as such:
Nexu-good sculpt, poor articulation, cool electronic growls (one activated by a button on the side and one button is the tongue) bendable tail but I highly suggest not to bend it as to save the "shelf life" of it and moveable jaw that when the tongue button is activated, the jaw clamps down.

Deluxe Anakin-Poor sculpt, poor articulation, (both regarding Anakin) as for the split apart geo warrior-articulation is standard but due to the split apart action (shoulder to lower "rib cage" and waist), there is no articulation at the waist. still he is the better of the two figures IMO.

Judgment— buy the NEXU, pass on Anakin (even completest will be disappointed, I was)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Neat! What's the articulation on Anakin? What's his Jedi tunic made off? Is his action feature working? Does the GeoJoe stay together well enough? Give us the details, please!

Oh and eh...congrats on your find!!!

:)

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Sounds like the first Deluxe fig worth buying is going to be the C3PO/Battle droid combo, at this rate.

How much did you pay for 'em?

jedi master sal
05-23-2002, 10:20 AM
Anakin's articulation completely sucks! Only the standard leg art...
His head is fused to his neck so you can't even turn it. His arms are part of the button mechanism at the small of his back that when pushed makes his arms slash inward together. the cloth (I don't have it right in front of me so don't hold me to it) seems to be a fake leather or plastic (very cheap) the Geonosian warrior is by far the better of the two. His articulation is closer to standard: neck and arms. The waist is part of the split apart and therefore does not move. the legs are fused with the waist. A neat feature that they don't tell you about is that the arms and head can easily be seperated from the body and put back (although be careful with the neck as it is rather small and might break off)

The Nexu was awesome in comparison. The mold is great and the growls are cool. Like the snapping jaw action. Only the leg articulation is poor but at least all four do move if only a little. I paid $12.50 for each. (the normal retail for these is $10. The store I bought them from is an exclusive to Pittsburgh. They have four location here and have been around long before TRU and are well established (they are regarded as the FAO of Pittsburgh) They are most certainly not a scalper store or a comic book shop. The reason for the slightly higher price is that they can't order in bulk like Wal Mart or TRU and therefore cannot get it at lower prices and have to charge a little more.

My opinion is: BUY NEXU, forget about Deluxe Anakin. Unless your a completist you won't like the Ani.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the review. I will definately get the Nexu (from a UK store since they charge $20 each here), but i'll pass on Anni.

QLD
05-23-2002, 11:17 AM
The Anakin looks crappy to me. But surprisingly, I like the way the Nexu looks so far.

BlahBlahBlah
05-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Are both lightsabers plastics, or is the green one metal, like on the HD Anakin? And are both blades removable?

QLD
05-23-2002, 11:27 AM
You could have come here and taken one of the 3 million Luminaras clogging the shelves. :)

And yes, the deluxe Boba is king turd of poo island.

U.K.BOY
05-23-2002, 11:45 AM
I keep saying Boba when I mean Jango as well !.

Damn 20 years of having Boba imprinted on the brain !!!!!!.

U.K.Boy.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2002, 11:57 AM
Does the Nexu have slashing-Amidala action with some of her T-shirt in his claws? :D

jedi master sal
05-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Both sabers are plastic and although I didn't try to find out it looks like you can remove them. as far as the blades from the saber hilts I'll have to get back with you. (i'll try that as the blade part is not in that clear rubber band stuff)

the NEXU does NOT have slashing action but one paw is extended so you can position it to look like that is what it is doing. and no t-shirt accessory(just use an old rag or t-shirt.)

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 12:18 PM
I was kinda thinking of passing on Deluxe Anakin anyway since to me he's not all THAT different from my HD Anakin, and I'm no completist...but now I'm sure that I'll pass on Deluxe Anakin. Nexu sounds cool though. Thanks sal :)

QLD
05-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Huh huh....I said Boba....I guess I have the problem too.

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Yes, could some of you Europeans also please buy up some of the approximately 150,000 Zam Wesells and Clonetroopers hogging the pegs over here? Thanks. :p

JEDIpartner
05-23-2002, 12:27 PM
Anakin's got some big thumbs from the way it looks in those pictures! :eek:

I think the Anakin was a bad idea. They should have made a really good pre-arena battle Padme with some more of the droid foundry pieces!

Masterjedi73
05-23-2002, 12:31 PM
I wish there were more clone troopers here in Jersey....we don't have any left on our shelves. I only have two.

We have a lot of Padmes.

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Ah right, you're in Jersey. I can find a ton of the first 27 figures pretty much. Especially at this one Wal-Mart where nothing ever seems to sell, and they never put anything new out. I could find you enough clonetroopers to create an entire legion the way those things are littering aisles in my neck of the woods.

jedi master sal
05-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Don't worry about it. With the 3po/battle droid deluxe set all will be in order.

(just loved that part of the movie) felt llike the classic trilogy again with the comedy sifted towards r2 and 3po.

MikeAndTheBots
05-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Don't worry about it. With the 3po/battle droid deluxe set all will be in order.

(just loved that part of the movie) felt llike the classic trilogy again with the comedy sifted towards r2 and 3po.
Yeah but some of the stuff 3po siad was pretty stupid. I am glad that they were the comic relief pair and not Jar Jar. He wasn't that bad in this one, he was pretty serious except for when Obi-Wan and Anakin show up.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Which Cloney is that?

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 04:56 PM
I meant the red clonetrooper, although there are tons of the 12" here too. The preview cloney is a lot harder to find.

pthfnder89
05-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Both sabers are plastic and although I didn't try to find out it looks like you can remove them. as far as the blades from the saber hilts I'll have to get back with you. (i'll try that as the blade part is not in that clear rubber band stuff)

Really? That's dissappointing, not to mention weird.

All the pics I've seen of the Deluxe Anakin seem to show him with the same lightsabers as HD Ani; his plastic blue saber, and a metal generic green one.:(

Well i'll still probably get one of him. I definitely want the split apart Geonosian and if I don't like the Deluxe Anakin, I'll use him for custom Jedi fodder.:)

Dooku Fett
05-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Got Dooku and Yoda at the same place today! I grabbed the last ones. I also have Darth Vader and Anakin (Hanger Duel). What about you?

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Got everything now except Vader & Bepsin Luke

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Lucky dogs . . . !

MikeAndTheBots
05-24-2002, 08:42 PM
I found Yoda and Dooku at TRU today too. I already got a yoda so I picked me up a Dooku. Pretty nice figure, the cape sucks though.

lurk_shady
05-24-2002, 08:47 PM
I have everything, just waiting for a SC Palpatine and Djas Puhr...also stocked up on some Dookus and a few Yodas sos I can trade...

I also wanna say that this line of 12" dolls sux. :(

Paul-Kenobi
05-25-2002, 12:42 AM
i got him and i must say Best figure ever!!!!!!!

bigbarada
05-25-2002, 12:50 AM
Bepsin Luke? Is that a variation of Bespin Luke?:p

Anyway, congratulations! Did you get the bloody or regular stump version?

Paul-Kenobi
05-25-2002, 01:51 AM
sorry about the Bespin mistake but sadly sense i picked up the first one i saw i didnt really look for the Bloody Hand one but i'm still happy with the version i got

Jargo
05-25-2002, 01:30 PM
I saw several of these and the Vader in TRU's today here in sunny England and I passed them up because they looked horrible. Picked up a Palpatine and two more royal guards instead.

QLD
05-25-2002, 01:58 PM
I had a bloody one, but I got an offer of 50 dollars for it, so I will gladly go with my non-bloody one.

Paul-Kenobi
05-26-2002, 03:20 PM
errr i would like to have a bloody hand luke but oh well if i ever get sick of looking at a dull No Blood hand ill buy some pant and pant it.

DrewDewce
05-26-2002, 04:18 PM
I saw a bloody one for $45 today at a flea market. Yikes!!!!

I have the non-bloody and am fine with that, but will look for a bloody one if I can find it.

I did get the Boba Fett 300 figure too ($20), and man, is it cool.

Dooku Fett
05-27-2002, 11:36 AM
I found Massiff and Qui-Gon and my local Wal-Mart today. Did I make a smart move on picking these up? I pretty much try and collect all of the hard to find figures.

Darth Detori
05-27-2002, 12:36 PM
yeah, that wave's a bit hard to find.
I, although, passed up an ultimate Jango Fett today. does that make me a bad person?

The True Maul
05-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Are you talking about the 12" Jango if you where you should have gotten it.

mistikal07
05-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Is the ultimate jango htf? Can't you order it from amazon?

The True Maul
05-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Jango is not in stock at amazon.sadthing :cry:

JediIan
05-27-2002, 03:05 PM
I bought that whole set at my local wal-mart (Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Trooper, Massif and Qui-Gon) but i get most everything. However i think you made a good decision, i bougtht them in the morning, and came back that same night, and they were ALL gone.

earl
06-04-2002, 06:26 AM
im from the philippines and i just came from the states after a month of vacation. went to indianapolis to attend celebration2 and splurged on starwars stuff the whole may. when i came back, i went to my nearest toy shop if they carried episode2 toys. to my delight i found all the toys i couldnt find in the states. deluxe anakin (with sliced geonosian), nexu, chancelor palpatine, orn free ta, djas phur, endor soldier, massif, and quigon jinn. this is good for me coz i got all the recent waves including dooku, yoda, taun we, etc. but for all the filipinos here its bad coz they prefer to have the main characters like amidala, obiwan, anakin, c3po, r2d2, jango fett, etc...

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 06:49 AM
Well, sounds like you got yourself a trader's paradise over there for those of us who can't even find a damned Massif on the shelves.:mad:

Jaina Solo
06-04-2002, 03:13 PM
NO kidding. Just buy a bunch of those, and trade them all to us poor Palpy-wave starved Americans. :)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Hey earl, I'm filipino too, but I live in VA. I've been to the Phillippines a couple of times and let me say the Phillipine market rules! I remember I bought 2 Deluxe POF2 figures at one of the SM malls for about $5 American (according to my cousin in Manila).

Jedi Juice
06-04-2002, 03:54 PM
That's awesome! I'm going on a road trip to the Philipinnes!

HAK
06-07-2002, 08:42 AM
hey everyone just wanted to let you know that i picked up a deluxe nexu and a deluxe anakin w/ slice-apart geonosian warrior. pretty nice stuff i tell ya- the nexu is sweet! (great sound effects) also i saw a box of coruscant speeders (i didnt know if they were new or zam/anakins) as well as quite a few boxes that saud 2 wave 4 ratio 1 on them (the # on the box ended in 10019) i didnt know if they were new or not since i dont cut open the boxes on the palletts- anyways hopefully this isnt old news i just thought you guys/gals may want to know :)

Darth Sidious
06-07-2002, 09:04 AM
Hmm...I might have to get to Wal Mart. Distributing is pretty good here so they might have those figures. I really want a Nexu...It was my favorite out of the arena beasts.

chris
06-07-2002, 09:27 AM
yea, im going to walmart too. the nexu looks awesome.

saladin
06-07-2002, 10:11 AM
Can't wait, probably only arena beast i can fit on my shelf.

Lman316
06-07-2002, 01:28 PM
My Wal*Mart has been putting out new figures everyday this week, starting on Monday. And because I didn't check on Tuesday (because I was sure that Wal*Mart here only stocked shelves on Monday) I'm more than sure I missed Palpatine and Djas.
But until I find those two (and the Nexu, Deluxe Anakin and the Acklay) I will be checking Wal*Mart and KB (where I found Pilot Obi-Wan, the new Han and the new Chewie) everyday :).

End :happy:.

Jedi Juice
06-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Well, I found most of my new figs at KB Toys, but they are starting to slowly leak out over here....... hopefully I'll find Palp and Puhr soon!

JediDan
06-07-2002, 05:06 PM
collection 2 wave 4 should be the wave with the Massiff and Orn Free Taa.

Obi-wedge
06-07-2002, 05:24 PM
deluxe anakin and that "big ol cat" at OKC target. Endor trooper, Palppy, and masiff figs at three different OKC walmarts. nada at KB

DrewDewce
06-07-2002, 07:48 PM
Saw the Nexu and Ani at Louisville Target, but nothing new anywhere else

hango fett
06-08-2002, 12:12 PM
it figures....when i stay in the van to watch our dog, my dad finds the nexu in a local wal-mart.....oh, well......he said that was the only one they had and that they had a few endor rebel soliders..but the nexu is a pretty cool figure! i wish they had 2 so i caould open one..

chris
06-08-2002, 12:34 PM
it looks really cool, i hope i can find one soon.

saladin
06-08-2002, 01:00 PM
sweet i'll start looken for it.

Darth Annexis
06-08-2002, 01:04 PM
My mother found the Nexu and Anakin in Phoenix Az...she is visiting this weekend here in CA...where the Nexu seems to be invisible!!!!

Hellboy
06-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Anyone who lives in the NW can find plenty of the Nexu and Anakin at Fred Meyers. Happy hunting

odi-wan windu
06-08-2002, 01:12 PM
Obi-wan Starfighter Pilot - 9.5/10
He's great! He's so much more in scale than cc! I'm impressed!
Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel - 9.5/10
Amazing. Although the weak hand kinda sucks, everything else makes up for it.
Qui-Gon Jinn - 9.0/10
Great fig. The arms should move a bit more, but other than that it's great.

Starfig873
06-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Found my Nexu at the local Super Target. Pretty nifty, cept when I opened mine the batteries had died. :p

Jaina Solo
06-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Could you post when and where you found the Obi-Wan in the Just found section?

CrossWizard
06-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Hey, can the JSF Obi Wan be placed in a good two handed saber pose? You know like hold his lightsaber with both hands at the same time?

Thanks.

hango fett
06-08-2002, 02:01 PM
that had to suck! the battires in the one we got do sound a little weak.......

odi-wan windu
06-08-2002, 02:04 PM
yeah, he can hold it in both hands. his left hand has a magnet, so you put that hand on top.

CrossWizard
06-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Good, hes just the figure I needed to complete both my Obi Wan vs Jango and Obi Wan vs Dooku dioramas. Now to wait until Kebco gets it and ships them to me.

Thanks.

odi-wan windu
06-08-2002, 02:08 PM
It's not as good as qui-gon's, but his was meant to be two hands.

odi-wan windu
06-08-2002, 02:09 PM
it takes some time, but eventually you'll get the two handed pose.

CrossWizard
06-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Well as long as its as good as Bespin Luke's double grip, Ill be satisfied, Im just getting a bit sick of CC Obi Wan's one handed saber grip and karate chop looking arm.

Lman316
06-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Just got mine today too - and actually, I just got back from Wally World where I got it.
It's a really cool beast - I like the roar and I like the snapping jaws, but I just don't like the bendy tail. Bendy material like that tends to wear out and the wire underneath sometimes comes out.
But all in all, this is cool beast and I'm glad I finally got it.

P.S.: I got the Deluxe Anakin too today :D.

Edit in: I just found something out. If you open the Nexu's mouth you can press on his tongue and he makes another roar noise. Cool!

Edit in again: Pressing the tongue make the Nexu's jaws snap, which I didn't know. If you're pressing with your finger, odds are the jaws won't close because a finger is too big. Try using a pen or the arm of a Geonosian ( :evil: ). Then the jaws snap and the Nexu makes the other noise I was talking about :D.

karateyoda17
06-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Congrats guys :) , I wish I could find this beasty. I want the acklay even more.

Lman316
06-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by karateyoda17
Congrats guys :) , I wish I could find this beasty. I want the acklay even more.

Me too. I have been wanting that beast since I first saw the pictures on here. And at that time, I didn't even know what the Acklay was there (in the movie) for. It just looked cool.
But I'm lucky that I'm finding what I'm finding. I shall be patient, and hopefully I'll get my Acklay soon.

hango fett
06-08-2002, 04:03 PM
you are definitly right when you say "I'm glad i'm finding what i am" me too....too bad i didn't find deluxe ani or he would be out of the pack on one of my small diorama shelves :)

Lman316
06-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
you are definitly right when you say "I'm glad i'm finding what i am" me too....too bad i didn't find deluxe ani or he would be out of the pack on one of my small diorama shelves :)

If you need one, I could get you one. They had at least two more in my Wal*Mart.
And if I can't get one there, I'll probably be able to get one at KB Toyworks in a while. It seems that Wal*Mart and KB (which are right next to each other) are having a little game of "One-Ups". If KB puts something new out, you better believe that Wal*Mart will have the same figures out within a week. I found the Massiff, Qui and the new Endor Rebel Soldier, and a week later, they were at Wally World :).

odi-wan windu
06-08-2002, 04:32 PM
it's a big improvement over CC.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-09-2002, 07:28 AM
What about his head and the robe? And the thin arms? How do they look in real life?

:confused:

odi-wan windu
06-09-2002, 07:31 AM
ok, head is fine. cloak is pretty cool. trust me, you get used to the thin arms after like 5 minutes, especially if you look at him from the side or having his cloak on.

odi-wan windu
06-09-2002, 07:35 AM
btw, he's pretty well articulated. he has around 9 points of articulation. no ball joints, but at least his wrists can move as opposed to CC.

hango fett
06-10-2002, 01:26 PM
today we got unleashed jango & boba, bespin luke (the peg in hand insted of metal), and a kit fisto with NO LIGHTSABER BLADE! when i saw that i laughed my butt off! i showed it to my dad and he said "that weird!"

hope you guys have the same luck!

Darth Trymybestus
06-10-2002, 02:01 PM
why are you glad that your Kit Fisto came without a lightsaber blade?!?! I would have checked in the store to make sure it had one before I bought it

CooLJoE
06-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Yeah, my friend and I checked out Meijer and we saw the unleashed line. They aren't worth it in my opinion. Maybe the Anakin, but not the others.

I managed to get an FB Jango and Qui-Gon (saga). All this from a store that rarely ever gets new starwars stuff. Heck, they had one box on 4/23 and that was it. The whole peg area is like 6 pegs total. Every other store around me has like 20+ pegs.

hango fett
06-10-2002, 02:58 PM
same way with our meijers. thats were we got the bespin luke and unleashed jango/boba. i think the uleashed are cool. and i got the kit fisto w/ out a lighsaber blade because that is a factory mess-up and is worth a tad more.......in the long run...

cptpinkerton
06-10-2002, 03:03 PM
hey hango, just so you know, your yoda quote in your signature is wrong.

maybe its a variation on the original saying, but that's not actually what yoda says.
i'm pretty sure he says.

around the survivors, a perimeter create

but I very well could be wrong.

hango fett
06-10-2002, 03:29 PM
yeah...thanx

hango fett
06-11-2002, 07:38 PM
we found the jango final battle variation (where the gauntlet is pointing up) and deluxe anikan! AND a wal-mart that we went to that DIDN'T have any new stuff has boxes of other toys out! which leads me to belive that they may be putting the next wave on the shelves tonight (the han solo endor raid wave.)
wish us (my dad and me) luck!

Dooku Fett
06-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Just saw a couple of these at my local Wal-Mart. Just wondering if anyone else has spotted them.

hango fett
06-11-2002, 09:10 PM
oh, and when we were getting the deluxe ani, we hasd to go get something for my bike, then we went by the figures again and there were 2 guys there 30-40ish. the one guy was looking very closley at the orn free ta wave they had. the other was looking very cloesly to my dad who had the deluxe ani in his hand. my dad quickly hid it in front of them so they would think he didn't have anything. my dad said the guys might want it from us so he hid it. i said "they aren't even looking at the deluxes." he said "not yet." so we casually went on with our buissness,went our normal root twordas the electronics. i then saw the guys walking side by side woth the whole orn free ta wave (they both had 2 of each figure) to the checkout. that kind of scared me, scince this had never happended near me before...theres a first for everything i guess!

cptpinkerton
06-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
oh, and when we were getting the deluxe ani, we hasd to go get something for my bike, then we went by the figures again and there were 2 guys there 30-40ish. the one guy was looking very closley at the orn free ta wave they had. the other was looking very cloesly to my dad who had the deluxe ani in his hand. my dad quickly hid it in front of them so they would think he didn't have anything. my dad said the guys might want it from us so he hid it. i said "they aren't even looking at the deluxes." he said "not yet." so we casually went on with our buissness,went our normal root twordas the electronics. i then saw the guys walking side by side woth the whole orn free ta wave (they both had 2 of each figure) to the checkout. that kind of scared me, scince this had never happended near me before...theres a first for everything i guess!

Wow, a couple of middle aged collectors buying figures, one MOMC and one to open loose.
Imagine that.

cptpinkerton
06-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I've seen it a few times.
It's nothing special at all. In fact, there was a picture posted of the figure sans oversized leather thing, and it was hokey and horrendous.
LMS

Starfig873
06-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Yep, they hit Oklahoma a week ago. Anakin sucks, but the Geonosian makes it worth getting. Really neat in a morbid way. :)

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2002, 10:47 PM
I bought both Anakin and the Nexu today. I am very pleased with the Nexu, but the Anakin could use a little work. All in all I am happy with them both.
Its just nice to see something new on the pegs for a change.

Jedi_Rainman
06-11-2002, 10:49 PM
All the different stores that I have seen it at have only 1...the same with Nexu...just 1

stad
06-12-2002, 12:15 AM
They hit Indianapolis this past weekend, along with a re-stock of the Massiff wave.

odi-wan windu
06-26-2002, 11:15 AM
yessssss!!!!!!!! :D

brentfett
06-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Man, are people STILL having a hard time finding these two?

odi-wan windu
06-26-2002, 12:30 PM
unfortunately...

brentfett
06-26-2002, 12:45 PM
That's wild! I still have 2 Dookus I'm trying to trade away but haven't found anyone interested.

Aeros Kahn
06-26-2002, 12:58 PM
i still cant find yoda, dooku, or hd anakin

anakin pops up every now and then but im always too late
and someone buys him

Jaina Solo
06-26-2002, 01:34 PM
Dooku and Yoda are just hitting my local stores in larger ammounts, and they're still snatched up pretty quick. Saw five or six Yodas at KB yesterday. I still have a couple I can't trade away, so I passed, but I stopped in again a bit later to pick up a spare Dooku. There was this couple- guy and a girl- who were carrying all the Yodas towards the counter. Told me to buy all the Dookus I could 'cause he was worth some money.

They obviously haven't checked eBay lately.

conli olper
06-26-2002, 01:48 PM
i finally found a dooku with a mint card and bubble the other day only to find that the figure had a massive sploog of creamy beard paint streaked across one side of his face. why is it that the card on every good dooku i find looks as though its been gang raped. then, when i finally find a dooku with a perfect card, the figure looks as though the emperor has used its face for target practice.

Casual George
06-26-2002, 02:26 PM
I've got them a while back but it took a lot of hunting. Right now non of the local stores have any Dooku or Yoda in stock. Yoda has been all but non-existent for over a month.

SNAYSON
06-26-2002, 02:38 PM
the dooku and yoda figs are prob hidden at a undisclosed warehouse.

chubbychicken
06-27-2002, 01:27 AM
i still havent found a dooku yet n i only saw yoda once...n i bought him haha

Sidiously Darth
06-27-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by brentfett
That's wild! I still have 2 Dookus I'm trying to trade away but haven't found anyone interested.

I've also noticed quite a few people looking for Dooku. I also have one I would like to trade but no takers. What's even weirder, I tried to give it to another collector but he wouldn't take it. I guess he thought I was crazy. I told him if he felt bad, just send me any old loose figure he had laying around. Sometimes you can't even help others.:rolleyes:

Darth Narcis
06-27-2002, 04:17 AM
<i>i finally found a dooku with a mint card and bubble the other day only to find that the figure had a massive sploog of creamy beard paint streaked across one side of his face. why is it that the card on every good dooku i find looks as though its been gang raped.
</i>
i dont know what to say about that. lol

my dooku looks aweful too. i still dont have a yoda ....

Aeros Kahn
06-27-2002, 04:18 AM
i found my yoda!!!
i cant believe it hes finally mine
i decided to drive alot tonight
and at 1am i headed north for about 35 miles
to a walmart that had nothing so i bought reek
cuz i hadnt gotten him yet
then i got spontaneous and drove about 50 miles west
to a walmart / kmart plaza
and found yoda there
i was sooo excited
stupidly im not the one that found him
my friend was looking threw a pile and was like hey
heres a yoda
lol i attacked him for it
im soooooo happy!!!!

Darth Narcis
06-27-2002, 04:22 AM
thats funny, my friend and i just went figure searching 2 nights ago kinda like that, and i also spontaneously drive... i take a stupid friend , so if he finds a yoda, etc., i can fool him into thinking its not valuable or hard to find, and take it....

chubbychicken
06-27-2002, 05:55 AM
haha wow must b fun to drive around n look for stuff haha i had to bus to find my yoda haha but i wasnt really looking for him i was looking for an anakin hd and i wasnt gonna start searching for yoda till i fuond anakin but i ran into yoda wen i found anakin at a comic store so i bought ti as well haha

ChemOx
06-27-2002, 06:47 AM
My friend knows exactly what I need any time we make our rounds to the TRU's, WM's, Target's and KB's etc, he likes to screw around with me and pretend he's going to buy the figure I need and then proceed to run over it with his truck.

Jaina Solo
06-27-2002, 04:55 PM
I have a Yoda I can trade you, Darth Narcis, if you're interested. Check my post in the Saga trade forum.

Jedi Juice
06-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Congratulations!

thespar
06-28-2002, 12:08 PM
I found both of them on the first day they where release. Has any one found the Qui-Gon

patchiswelsh
06-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Yoda's are every where in UK
Our local shops have 100'2 of them
no shortage!!!!

Jaina Solo
06-28-2002, 03:37 PM
Saw the Qui-Gon this week. Wasn't very impressed with it and left it for someone else.

odi-wan windu
06-28-2002, 09:58 PM
I don't see what the fuss is about him. He's not very good.

Yar Cydoh
06-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
Man, are people STILL having a hard time finding these two?
Yes. I havn't seen them since I got mine about a month ago.

steve3p0
06-29-2002, 05:56 PM
i saw only a few dooku / yoda / hangar anakin at 4/23 release. i've not seen them since, so i would call them the most difficult to find.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Today I went about my weekend routine of figure seaching with my dad. We went to a local shopping center that had a Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us. First, Walmart. Pegs were pretty slim, a ton of GR Mace. Forget it- off to Target. All they had were Kit, Padme, C-3P0, and OPD Anakin. This is frustrating- off to TRU. I went to the action figure section and found a TON of SP Zams.:frus: Searching, searching, searching- :eek: A SP CLONETROOPER! Mine! Then I go to the area that had all the Saga figues. Searching, searching, searching- woops, dropped a few figures-:eek: -wait a second. :eek: I :eek: don't :eek: believe :eek: it! :eek: A BLOODLY LUKE! I start searching to see if there are any more bloody Lukes- none. My patience payed off and now I am a happy owner of a SP Clone Trooper and a bloody Luke.

The Darth Vader
06-29-2002, 07:09 PM
Wow lucky you! :D I haven't found a bloody Luke yet.

QLD
06-29-2002, 07:51 PM
what in God's name is a SP clone trooper?

It's probably some stupid variation, but I had to ask.

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 07:54 PM
SP = Sneak Preview, the SP Clone Trooper is the regular White version.

Congrats on your finds, they're actually starting to stock more of the preview figures down here. :cool:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-29-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
what in God's name is a SP clone trooper?

It's probably some stupid variation, but I had to ask.

Sneak Preview Clone Trooper. I should have specified that, sorry.

Thunderstorm1
06-30-2002, 12:50 AM
Iwould be glad just to see a luke

Jayspawn
06-30-2002, 01:57 AM
Bloody-hand Luke is a good find. And a good figure. I got mine just a day ago.

Sneak Preview Clonetroopers are cool!

187-Maul
06-30-2002, 04:14 AM
man I'd love to get a SP clonetrooper or a luke

Jedi Juice
06-30-2002, 06:36 PM
Well, New Orleans just recently started receiving the new Luke and Vader figures in so your city should be getting shipments in too. Anyway, I've only found about 3 regular Lukes, but the SP Clonetroopers are pretty full around here.

Master Goeweins
06-30-2002, 09:38 PM
I have seen Wal Mart after Wal Mart with Lukes down here. They are not packed with them because they sell, but I see two or three everytime now. Down here means Florida.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-01-2002, 09:53 AM
never seen yoda or dooku

Bobaphat
07-02-2002, 05:44 PM
I went to Target yesterday and I couldn't believe it. There was two bloody lukes
sitting on the pegs. Has anyone else found the bloody luke at Target?

cptpinkerton
07-02-2002, 06:07 PM
where'd you find him in detroit? i was just in town there this weekend hunting around.

JangoFeet
07-02-2002, 07:30 PM
I got mine at Target a few weeks ago. They had three, two were completly bashed up(package wise) and then I found mine, with an almost mint card....
Thank you Target! (and thanxs for those weekly paychecks!)

Thunderstorm1
07-02-2002, 09:59 PM
I found one luke at TRU and have not seen any others since.

Good Find!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Target has pulled through for me once since the figures hit and that was the day after. I found my Dexter Jexter there. I haven't found ANYTHING since then. They do seem to get in my simpsons figures there quite early though, so they can be somewhat useful.

StoneyFett
07-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Today I found a clone trooper with unpainted visor, like the Jango. I have also found dark belt Dooku and bloody stump Luke!(not today) Man o man, what's next?:crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-03-2002, 01:03 AM
I'm personally waiting for the Chancellor Palpatine w/ Anything action?!?!!??!!??! what a freakin' waste of plastic, paint and man hours on this un-action action figure!

robman71
07-03-2002, 02:09 PM
I found a Bloody Luke at Target one morning before work, funny thing, I wasn't even looking for one, I passed it up continued shopping and then made one final sweep through the Star Wars aisle. I took a second look and viola! Bloody Luke.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-03-2002, 02:49 PM
Great find! I still haven't come across one, but all the last three waves I've found at Target first, which is weird because I usually get everything at WM.

BobaFett
07-03-2002, 03:12 PM
Hey I went to Target and every woman I asked, slapped me.:)

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-04-2002, 01:06 PM
from a toy dealer down the street i never knew he lived their intill the guy pulled up in a white truck he rented with boxs of toys and he had yoda he gave it to me for 5 dollers, does anyone have a toy dealer that lives near you?

Beast
07-04-2002, 01:13 PM
When I saw your thread title, I thought you were gonna start doing a Special Ed Crank Yankers thing. Congrats on your find. :D

"I got Yoda! I got Yoda! I got Yoda! Yaaaay!" :crazed: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Lucky you. :)

TIE Pilot
07-04-2002, 01:34 PM
from a toy dealer down the street i never knew he lived their intill the guy pulled up in a white truck he rented with boxs of toys and he had yoda he gave it to me for 5 dollers, does anyone have a toy dealer that lives near you?

Oh there're *plenty* of toy dealers around here. But none that'd sell me a Yoda for only $5

Obi-Don
07-04-2002, 02:13 PM
Great for you. I hope you like as much as I do. I love his lightsaber.

Brandon3
07-04-2002, 03:00 PM
I found Yoda too, on 7/2 at a K-Mart store. I almost didn't see him.

saladin
07-04-2002, 07:20 PM
i'm suprizeed i was so lucky i got yoda the first day he was out, i lokked at TRU and was dissapointed but then went to WM and was lucky enough to find him.

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 07:47 PM
IMHO Wal-Mart has the best selection. TRU usually stinks.

tagmac
07-04-2002, 08:10 PM
I was lucky enough to find a Yoda on 4/23, then bought a second one for my 11 year-old cousin a few weeks later. I've only seen him a few times since then, but the best story I have was in Target the other day. I heard a little kid say "I found Yoda - there was only one behind the other figures." And I have to say, this kid didn't put it down. It felt great to se a child get the only Yoda on the pegs for a change, rather than some moron looking to scalp it.

Darth Detori
07-04-2002, 08:45 PM
if anyone wants a yoda, I'll sell it to you for $8 (shipping included). I actually paid $7 at k-mart, so it's a pretty good deal (unless you can find him yourself)

Thunderstorm1
07-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Found my Yoda on 4/23. Pretty Cool! And I do wish there were a Toy collector down the street. I'm Sure I could give him/her some business!

Thunderstorm1
07-04-2002, 11:41 PM
I don't know, I'm not into the gimmicks much. I kind of like it when they are just plain action figures

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 01:55 AM
I hate variations, b/c i always end up getting them, and losing so much money.

corporal AMF
07-05-2002, 02:10 AM
Just couldn't stand it anymore, and I ordered him online........Yoda is in his way................
the only problem is that I paid for them more than $10:rolleyes:

well....if it makes you happy

chubbychicken
07-05-2002, 03:07 AM
i found him a while back but great to hear you found one too

hango fett
07-05-2002, 08:38 AM
good job....took a while for you to get it huh?
hango

jdmarlow
07-05-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by StoneyFett
Today I found a clone trooper with unpainted visor, like the Jango. I have also found dark belt Dooku and bloody stump Luke!(not today) Man o man, what's next?:crazed:

It sounds like that Clone Trooper is more like an error than a variation. Sometimes it's tricky to distinguish the difference between the two.

-JD

Yar Cydoh
07-05-2002, 03:37 PM

Man your lucky! I wish I could have found some of those.

hango fett
07-05-2002, 06:03 PM
i found the burned arm luke where it is ALOT darker than the others. and i got the mace windu and battle droid variation. the one where the battle droid is red. it looks 10x better than the white one...
hango

Hellzer
07-05-2002, 06:52 PM

I purchased a clone trooper with the same error about a month ago, although I didn't notice it until I got home and promptly returned it the next day for a correct version. Unfortunately I was already halfway through tearing the bubble open before I noticed, otherwise I probably would have passed it off to someone who's into that sort of thing. Although if I hadn't of returned it, I wouldn't of been at that TRU to get my hands on the Bespin wave the week it came out. :cool:

Yar Cydoh
07-05-2002, 06:57 PM
What's the Mace Windu variation?

Thunderstorm1
07-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Yar,

The variation is that the battle droid is red instead of tan. Don't know if I would call it a variation or not?

rynobot
07-05-2002, 07:04 PM
What do you mean you don't know? It is a variation. It wasn't an error because Hasbro intended to make the change.

Battle Droid
07-05-2002, 08:54 PM
My mom picked them up at Wal-Mart for me, actually she said a 9 year old kid found them for her. :D

No Dooku though. :(

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 09:16 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Battle Droid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have fun with them! :)

Battle Droid
07-05-2002, 09:20 PM
Thanks SBD. :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-06-2002, 01:02 AM
I went to my local KB- :eek: Count Dooku! :eek: HD Anakin! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: YODA! Thank goodness I had my $3 off coupon! FINALLY THEY ARE MINE, ALL MINE!

chubbychicken
07-06-2002, 03:25 AM
what? your mom found them for you? LUCKY haha i had to run around town just to find them

AdmiralPiett
07-06-2002, 04:02 AM
Don't worry, you'll find Dooku soon. I saw him today at FAO Schwartz on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Too bad I didn't pick him up for you. You know if they have him in one of the busiest toystores in the country though that he's bound to come out in large numbers eventually.
Piett

StoneyFett
07-06-2002, 09:45 AM
I guess I'm lucky I live in Hawaii. Besides being paradise, here, I have no problem finding most of the figures that you guys seem to have so much trouble finding. Dookus are fairly easy to find. Yodas, when they arrive, stay around for a few days. We have gotten a few of the newer figures, but they aren't showing up on a regular basis yet. The most recent has been the Bespin wave. With a little patience I have gotten most of the figures I wanted, including multiple Yodas.

Jargo
07-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Yesterday I bought a tri-logo Acklay. I would have scanned the box but I tore it up before I thought to stick it in the scanner. I was too eager to get at the Acklay inside.
The tri-logo box is crap. It has a huge black panel on the back with tiny white writing in - three languages D'OH! :rolleyes: and looks dreadful. The information on the guts and removable panel is on the side of the box. It basically says 'if you want to play disembowel the Acklay open the hatch and pull out the guts. If you don't then leave the guts in the body' and that's all that the box says about the Acklay. Apart from the usual story of the movie in a paragraph that all the packaging has. but that's on the back in the black panel in tiny white writing. Other than that it's a crap box and the Acklay is packed really badly. Took me hours to get the legs all twisted right so he'd stand properly without tipping over on his face. Nice beasty though, looks good with the Reek and my Rancor. :D

Jedi_Bates
07-18-2002, 06:49 PM
The last time i went was a few days ago at meijers (i think thats how you spell it...) anyways they just had this shabby little backshelf set up for saga toys so i took a peek and saw nothing but PWs, but then i looked up where all the extra Slave 1s and Jedi Starfighters where and behind them all where 3 or 4 Orn Free Taa's so i snagged one of those and a Geonosian Warrior which i missed out on about a month ago when it was released. They also had a ton of POTJ ketwols, Bespin guards, and Ellors Madak. i passed on all three cuz i own ellors and was not in the mood to pay $7 for the most common potj ever.

Jedi_Rainman
07-19-2002, 03:16 AM
Strange...all the POTJ and AOTC basic figures are $4.77 at my local WM. Your getting ripped off where you got yours!

Jedi_Bates
07-23-2002, 07:06 PM
hmm, lets see, maybe thats why i didnt buy it!

Darth Narcis
08-01-2002, 12:14 PM
i had'nt seen these following figures until last week, i was in myrtle beach, sc, on another vacation, and i got lucky. at a kb there a worker had just started opening a few cases of new wave figs. the cases were the obi-wan pilot wave, included dooku, yoda, obi, chewy, and i think han, but im not sure. i got a couple yodas, a great condition dooku, an obi, and a chewy. i tryed to buy an unopened case, but they wouldnt let me. no idea why... but let me tell you, i had trouble getting the figures. the worker unloading them was prolly 15-16. she bugged me the entire time i was in the store, maybe she was mad that i was going through the figs she had just straightened, but anyway, she kept asking me if i needed help, and id say no, but shed just stand there... i left and ate dinner and came back to get the figs after she was done unpacking them, and got what i got, but she tryed to tell me that all the yodas were gone, etc, a bunch of mess so i would leave... she would ask me what i was looking for, which was a good condition yoda, but i couldnt explain to the girl that condition was important, it was all too much for her to comprehend. im 20, friendly looking, had my gf with me, and i was still a victim of toy discrimination(again), because im not 4 - 9 years old.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 02:10 PM
I know why she was po'd at you. She probably thought you were hot but since you had your girlfriend with you she got jealous and hid all the Yoda's for the single guys.

There's no hell like a woman scorned. :)

hango fett
08-01-2002, 09:05 PM
well, a few weeks back, i posted on the just found section about my encouter with a nice stockperson...there were a lot of figures above the pegs and i asked him if i could see what was up there. he got a ladder and started piling figs into my arms. i found 2 dookus 1 yoda 2 hd anis and a massif. plus a bunch of the han solo wave. i was literally up to my neck in figures!!!
h.

ChemOx
08-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Obi Wan Pilot that is!!! I thought I thought it would never happen. Vowed that I would be patient and wouldnt cave into scalpers and I'm finally rewarded. I will NEVER go through a scalper again. Patience sucks......but in the end it saved me about 15 bucks.

Thunderstorm1
08-01-2002, 10:08 PM
Congrats on your find Chemox. Found mine a couple weeks ago at the old Wal Mart

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-01-2002, 10:13 PM
I want Darth Maul-Sith Training

QLD
08-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Hmmmm....

I could swear I came up with this thread idea when I was in The Ward recently. Oh well.

Congrats on your find.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-01-2002, 10:42 PM
My Wal-Mart ordered so many of the Obi-Wan Pilot wave that even the great Chewie is pegwarming. They didn't have any room on the pegs so they stuffed a bunch on the rack! It'll be years before I see the next wave.

Woe is me!

plo koon 200
08-01-2002, 11:11 PM
Where I live every store I go to has a zillion Obi-Wan's. I haven't found the Maul wave yet but I found 2 Teemto and Ki-Aidi at my Kay-Bee.

CGSPAWN
08-02-2002, 01:00 PM
GREAT looking statue. His detail is very top notch, and I love the pose.

Best Unleashed figure yet...

DahrJin
08-02-2002, 01:27 PM
Lucky you.

I'm still looking for the bastage! :(

"It will be mine, oh yes, one day it will be mine........."

Sorry, I was feeling a bit Wayne's worldish! :)

Chiesa
08-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Arghhh so far i have only seen the Maul and the Boba Fett... That is pretty bad :) Can't wait to get my hands on the rest!! :)

Cheers :D

macewindu87
08-02-2002, 08:43 PM
i had an encounter with the wonderfullest stocker i'bve ever met because i was at meijers and they was getting a shippment in but all i found was the vehichiles and there was a bunchof anakin's speeders, and a few others that was easily found else where but she was kind enough to open each of the star wars boxes for me. Too Bad I Did Not Find Anything I Wanted!
Mace:crazed:

hango fett
08-02-2002, 09:06 PM
yeah...the meijers people are pretty nice! i was right by a guy when he was opening a box and he said "what are you looking for?" i said "anikan skywaler. tatooine attack." he said "sorry. we didn't get any of the 3 inch figures in. try back next wensday or thrusday."
h.

fourtwo
08-02-2002, 10:02 PM
she was probably mad cause you wanted to buy a whole case, thus screwing numerous children out of toys so you can keep them sealed in plastic.

thats just my thought though