PDA

View Full Version : New Figures out??

The Bald Ewok
09-09-2001, 10:18 PM
Hey I was searching the web, and it appears that Emperors wrath Darth Vader, Han w/ stormie belt and X wing luke are out!! Anybody else find them??

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 10:26 PM
As for actually in a store on a peg? No.:(

However, I did get impatient for the X-Wing Luke and DSE Han and ordered them off the internet. I'll wait to find the rest at retail to buy them.

gil_gordon
09-09-2001, 10:45 PM
I just found the new wave of POTJ figures this morning at a
Target store in Tucson.

The figures look good with the exception of the Luke X-Wing
Pilot, the figure looks as if it needs some serious dental work.

PloKoon2385
09-09-2001, 10:57 PM
Where did you find them on the internet and for how much?

bigbarada
09-09-2001, 11:06 PM
You're gonna cringe, but I got them off of Brian's Toys for $19.99 each. Yeah, I know "ouch!" but I don't have a car anymore so the internet is my only option right now. Plus I'm an impatient bastard and just couldn't wait for the price to drop.

CrunchyNug
09-10-2001, 02:19 AM
I found the Shmi wave last week at a Los Angeles Target. And this morning, I found BOTH waves together at another Target. Each time no Shmi!!! All the Vaders were missing by the time I got there. So I've got Obi, Luke, and Han at the $6.79 price. Wow!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
09-10-2001, 11:36 AM
I think I'll just wait until I have to go to Target for something else. It seems like whenever I want something new I get it if I'm not really looking for it. Kind of like "A watched pot never boils." I get the feeling that in about another month this wave will end up being pegwarmers, just like the last few ones have turned out to be with the Lando wave being the exception.

Sorry BB, I have to strongly disapprove of your impatience. Unless you live on foreign soil, the figures always trickle down and eventually can be found in scads (OK, the clean trooper is an exception but we did get the dirty version). I hope the $20per is worth it to you.

bigbarada
09-10-2001, 01:32 PM
You're asking if I have any regrets? Nope, not at all. THe way I see it, I'm working twelve hour days to earn my money, which gives me little to no time to go searching for SWAF. Thus the inflated price is of little concern when it comes to the figures I really want.

Lone Jedi
09-10-2001, 02:57 PM
I can empathize with you, Big B. I had given up going to Target, Wal*Mart, and TRU on a regular basis since March of this year. The only exceptions were to get the B-Wing and TIE Interceptor of course. Because of work (9 hours a day, sometimes weekends too), I don't have the time, energy, or the patience to travel from store to store to store anymore (that rhymes :D ) I order most of my stuff online now, but I try to get the cheapest prices.

GNT
09-11-2001, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
You're gonna cringe, but I got them off of Brian's Toys for $19.99 each.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My god,I'd never spend that much on a $7 figure!Gee god! I haven't found them yet in my neck of the woods yet butI know for sure I aint buying them off scalpers!! :( :mad:

Echo_7
09-11-2001, 12:01 PM
BB, I can definantly understand. When the Sandtrooper was released, I paid $16.99 plus shipping for him. I'm glad I did. I never saw him in stores.

hairless chewie
09-11-2001, 01:03 PM
Try KEBCO TOY, if you pre-order with them you can get them for around $7.20 a figure. Pretty cool if you have the patience for it.

evenflow
09-11-2001, 04:01 PM
I have yet to find to find anything, but i am still hoping and trying.

GNT
09-12-2001, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
I have yet to find to find anything, but i am still hoping and trying.

Just wait until your local store gets some in, if not check out *cough*EBay *cough*,everyone and awhile there are are nice collectors :)

or try trading to get what you want/need?

Lobito
09-12-2001, 02:29 PM
Im just missing Shmi and Obi Wan, gonna check out today, maybe they are out now.