PDA

View Full Version : "I can't see a thing in this helmet"

Taichi
05-08-2002, 06:57 AM
Maybe that's why they were such lousy shots?

poor Imperial engineering (A common theme in the OT), allowed for massive amounts of 'blind spots' in the helmet.....

but then again, Luke is just whiny.....he did the same thing when Ben put the blast-shield helmet on him.....

hamsterboy
05-09-2002, 02:14 AM
I'm guessing it has more to do with him being short.

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 10:04 PM
I always thought the line was because Luke hadn't gotten used to the helmets' lenses, which are very dark.

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 02:11 AM
I agree with JT, the helmets themselves probably take training and some getting used to. Han, who was once an Imperial Officer, might have had some experience wearing the helmets (or TIE Fighter pilot helmets). Which is why he didn't seem to have a problem with it. Even if he did, I don't think he'd whine as much as Luke anyway.:rolleyes:

chewie
05-11-2002, 08:21 PM
I've always assumed that stormtroopers don't "see" through the lenses, but rather see a computerized heads-up-display inside the helmet that give them more information than just regular sight would. The eye pieces are either cameras or decoration to make them more menacing. Don't know about any official technical explanations, but thats how I always thought they did it.

Which could semi-explain the poor visibility that Luke had in it. He didn't know how to switch on the display.

Darth Vader's eye pieces were either the same, or he used his force powers to see rather than rely on his eyes.

Taichi
05-14-2002, 09:06 AM
That explains a lot, considering the 'cut away' pic of the Stormtrooper helmet in the Visual Dictionary (The eyes look like cameras......)

MikeAndTheBots
05-17-2002, 11:31 PM
I always thought it was because he was too short.

El Chuxter
03-31-2010, 05:32 PM
If he'd been a Clonetrooper, the helmet's lenses would've been spaced properly.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe that's why they were such lousy shots?

poor Imperial engineering (A common theme in the OT), allowed for massive amounts of 'blind spots' in the helmet.....

but then again, Luke is just whiny.....he did the same thing when Ben put the blast-shield helmet on him.....

My guess is they only make certain sizes and of course by 'dumb luck' Luke got a helmet that didn't fit. I know as recently as the 1960's the US Army issued clothing in S, M, L, XL and if that didn't work you were on your own for alterations. *

* As told to me by my dad, Senior JJB.:D

2-1B
03-31-2010, 09:38 PM
It's because Luke wasn't a clone, so he didn't fit...whereas Han Solo (get it? Solo?) went rogue (he's really a clone) so he fit perfectly.

Tycho told me that.

JimJamBonds
04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
It's because Luke wasn't a clone, so he didn't fit...whereas Han Solo (get it? Solo?) went rogue (he's really a clone) so he fit perfectly.

Tycho told me that.

Sounds like crappy EU gibberish to me.