PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern ripped AOTC

Runobot
05-08-2002, 06:15 AM
I just heard him say he was disapointed in the movie. Robin and Fred did not like it either. Only Artie seemed to like it.

On a plus side, he said it was definitely better than TPM.

Has anyone else heard any other reviews?

JediDan
05-08-2002, 08:45 AM
Like anyone really cares about his opinion. If he didn't like it then it must really be good then. Now I'm even more excited to see it. ;)

2-1B
05-08-2002, 09:00 AM
Howard is entitled to his opinion, and I respect that. :)

But I invite everyone to keep the following perspective: This man claimed he was going to redefine moviemaking with his biopic, "Private Parts." :rolleyes:

Arrogant Arse
05-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Not enough nudity for Howard.

That's my guess.

JediDan
05-08-2002, 04:54 PM
That and the lack of lesbians. LOL

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 06:12 PM
LOL He's just a Pervert anyway.

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 03:57 AM
He has to stay in character, thus he's not allowed to like the movie. He's trapped himself in a "cynical, grumpy, pervert" stereotype, so liking a Star Wars film would cause his fans to see him as a sell-out. Thus, his entire personality is an act, he probably loves the movie.

derek
05-09-2002, 09:11 AM
big barada,

i gotta disagree with you there. howard went on and on how he loved spiderman, before it was released to the general public.
i just think he is not a real star wars fan.

i listen to him on a regular basis, and he's pretty straight forward about what he likes. and he'll say either he likes something or not.
howard stern is a lot of things, but false isn't one of them.:)

Runobot
05-09-2002, 11:22 AM
Derek is absolutely correct, he totally loved Spider-man and admits to reading comics. He said it was slow at the beginning the last half hour was awesome...

Oh well, time will tell.

2-1B
05-09-2002, 12:18 PM
I read the full review and he wasn't completely negative.
He still recommends it, even if just to take in the scenery. You're right, he did say it wasn't as good as Spider-Man.

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 12:27 PM
I think the title of this thread is a little misleading. If Stern was simply disappointed by it, then how is that "ripping it?"

derek
05-09-2002, 03:59 PM
what was really funny was later on in that days show, some sissy boy called in and was complaining about how howard spoiled the whole movie for him. the guy kept going on and on about how howard gave away the movie, which he didn't. it was funny, not that the guy was complaining, but how this guy thought any one even giving their opinion of the film spoiled the whole movie.:)

Runobot
05-10-2002, 06:16 AM
He said it was a disappointment and that the only cool thing about it was the effects. He did recoomend seeing it, but only for the effects. He did like it better than Ep. I, so he did not totally trash the movie, but if you heard the show you would most likely agree that he was basically negative about it.

I don't know, my friend at Maxim said his coworker saw it already and he claims it was BETTER than Spider-man.

Has anyone else read a review about the film yet?

InsaneJediGirl
05-10-2002, 09:59 AM
I saw one last night on FOX,a local T.V. station did one.To sum it up..they said it sucks and your better off going to see Spider-Crap because (1)Jar Jar is in the movie(2)No actor can act in this.

The only compliment was about Yoda and his new "look"

Wolfwood319
05-10-2002, 10:08 AM
The local movie reviewer on FOX said it was decent and gave it "3 Yodas" (whatever the hell that means...)

All the sentiments seem to be that the acting is terrible in this though. That's pretty much what I expected since I saw that one trailer.

JEDIpartner
05-10-2002, 03:09 PM
Howard Stern looks like he would smell of cat pee... and that image coming into my mind prevents me from having anything to do with him.

Bad or not... this film will still be better than 90% of the crap that hits the screens for two weeks or less.

Pendo
05-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Howard Stern is entitled to his oppinion, even though it totaly sucks!
I don't think it will be a poor film, it just seems like Stern isn't a big fan of the Star Wars series. Well at least he said it was better than TPM.

By the way, who is Howard Stern?

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
05-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
By the way, who is Howard Stern?

Him? nobody. :rolleyes:

Jonna
05-10-2002, 03:19 PM
It is just his opinion, who cares? Does his opinion really matter that much to you if you like the movie. Your own opinion counts more than soneone elses.

Eternal Padawan
05-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Lisa Shwarzbaum of Entertainment Weekly gave it a rude review, also. But I always say, who listens to critics anyway? it's like those guys who go on about how Titanic sucked and then go on to say they refuse to watch it on principle...What?!!? How can you bad mouth a film you refuse to watch? With an argument like that, why don't you just stamp the word IGNORANT on your forehead? Anyway, I think I'll go see the movie and decide for myself rather than rely on "experts" to tell me if its good or not.

2-1B
05-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Heeheehee, Lisa (I see your)Schwartz(is bigger than mine)baum also gave Crossroads a B+, so that'll put it in perspective for ya! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
05-12-2002, 12:28 AM
I haven't listened to Stern in about two years since I moved to Utah, where the harshest thing on the radio are the words "gee whiz."

I remember that he was really excited for EP1 to come out, but that when he finally saw it he didn't like it. I don't think he's an SW fan but just got caught up in the hype.

F. Jackie :)

Runobot
05-12-2002, 08:32 PM
I never said that you should not make your own decision, I am soimply saying that the review was poor. As are some others. I am sure hard core fans like us are going to enjoy it. Heck, I even liked TPM.