PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett Final Battle (spoiler question)

rdrunr89
05-08-2002, 01:41 PM
does the figure come with a removable head?? That would be cool since all we get are removable arms and hands. Ok, I'm a bit strange for asking but just curious.

mark2d2
05-08-2002, 01:43 PM
While I have only seen photos of this and NOT the real thing --- I can safetly tell you --- indeed it does.

chris
05-08-2002, 06:40 PM
And articulated knees, very nice looking.

DeadEye
05-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Yes...and it doesn't have the annoying grappling hook of the Kamino version.:rolleyes:

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Yes...and it doesn't have the annoying grappling hook of the Kamino version.:rolleyes:

I just have no idea why this bothers some people so much. Ok ok, there is the little string that comes out the back. So? Really, I'm not arguing, it just surprises me.:)

Seriously, I guess it just goes to show that there's no way you can please everyone as I think this is the best "action feature" of any of the Saga line. I love the fact that it's not spring loaded or oversized, like practically every single string accessory I've seen in the last 15 years.

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 12:58 AM
I've never understood why he needs a grappling hook when he has a jet propulsion pack. Does this befuddle anybody else?

Beast
05-09-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Dak Powers
I've never understood why he needs a grappling hook when he has a jet propulsion pack. Does this befuddle anybody else?
Same reason you have seatbelts, even though you have an airbag in your car. Redundant backups are always handy. Besides, in the movie he uses the grappling hook, similar to the way Boba used his whipcord in RotJ, to tie up Obi-Wan Kenobi. :) He wraps it around Obi's wrists and drags him around the Kamino landing platform with his rocketpack. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wonderboy
05-09-2002, 01:20 AM
I'm playing with my Final Battle Jango as I type this. My fave Fett fig so far! Love the articulation! This is a KICK BOOTY fig! Love the head!!!

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 04:51 AM
Hey, I agree. Jango (Kamino Escape) totally rocks. Resistance proved futile yesterday as I finally broke down and got this guy. Imagine my surprise --- I love everything about this figure. The "Cool Blue" Color! Working Holsters! Removable Helmet! Nifty Dings! and Scratches on the Armor! Elbow articulation! The grappling hook certainly doesn't bother me. To the contrary, I think it's pretty dang cool. Fun to play with and the rope can't be seen at all when tightly wound around his backpack! Geez, some of you people are so picky . . . what gives?

(POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!)

Glancing through the Episode II visual dictionary today, I noticed that Jango sports two different style of backpacks. I'm sure that this is not news to many of you, but it was to me. As was the fact that Final Battle Jango has this second backpack style. (In addition to articulated knees!) Yep, definitely going to be picking up a second Jango sculpt for my collection. And to think I wasn't even going to buy one. Currently, this guy is my fav! Go Jango!

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Doh! :mad: ;)

That was one spoiler I didn't need to know a"HEAD" of time. oh well. since he's not around in the classic trilogy it explains it nicely.:crazed:

Darth Ovori
05-09-2002, 10:08 AM
If people are crying about his grappling hook I don't see what theres gonna when they see his out of proportion left arm to suit that stupid flame shooting thingy...

Jedi Drew
05-09-2002, 11:18 AM
Does the head really come off on this Jango:confused: :confused: or is it a bunch of bull??

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2

Glancing through the Episode II visual dictionary today, I noticed that Jango sports two different style of backpacks. I'm sure that this is not news to many of you, but it was to me. As was the fact that Final Battle Jango has this second backpack style. (In addition to articulated knees!) Yep, definitely going to be picking up a second Jango sculpt for my collection. And to think I wasn't even going to buy one. Currently, this guy is my fav! Go Jango!

Yeah, I wasn't planning on picking up the Final Battle Jango right away either, because I really like Kamino Escape. But I just noticed the backpack thing yesterday also, so I'm definitely going to have to get one now.:)

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 12:44 PM
JediDrew --- for further decapitation confirmation check out the review section. The one that say Final Battle Jango and Mace Windu (NO SPOILERS.) It's very clear by this review that the head does indeed come off. Check it out. The Guy says that opening this figure totally "Ruined" something for him. And recommends that nobody else who want to be Spoiler free does so until AFTER seeing ATOC.

Jedi Drew
05-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Just wanted to know if what I read was true and not to get my "HEAD RIPPED OFF." Sometimes you read some stuff that is a joke ect. Sorry if I runied the movie for some people:eek: :eek: :eek:

JEDIpartner
05-09-2002, 01:52 PM
Oh, dear...! It appears I've lost my head! Both he and Threepio lose their heads and Anakin and Zam lose arm parts. Weird.

Beast
05-09-2002, 01:58 PM
And don't forget Cliegg who looses a leg, though it happens off screen before the movie starts. :) Hope they make a figure of Cliegg with his cool little hoverchair next year. Since cinema scenes are coming back next year, why not Cliegg, Owen, and Beru. They can even give Cliegg a little magnetic leg, so we can play out the scene when he lost it. :D :cool:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
05-09-2002, 02:21 PM
And the Tuskins that loose just about everything... ;)

Beast
05-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
And the Tuskins that loose just about everything... ;)
Hopefully the new Tusken Raider (Male) that is rumored for later this year will have a removable head. Or other body parts. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Detori
05-09-2002, 07:26 PM
on a side note, for some Shakespearian fun with Wave 3, you can place Jango's head on Vaders outstretched hand:
"Alas poor Jango. I knew him"