PDA

View Full Version : Thrawn

Brodie
05-08-2002, 03:16 PM
hey everyone,
I'm just writing to ask if you think I should get the Grand Admiral Thrawn figure?I have found one at a fairly resonable price,but I'm still not sure,can anyone tell me what its like?does it still stand up sculpt wise against some of the newer figures?ect
any help is greatly appricated. :D

Oh,by the way,I open all my figures,if that counts for anything:)

stormie
05-08-2002, 03:31 PM
Definitely get it! It's not overly posed (ala preview Jango), and it looks cool. Even has a little ysalarmi (sp?) creature that goes around his neck. I believe you can find a decent loose picture in the picture archives here at SirSteve's.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums! :D

Sith Vicious
05-08-2002, 06:06 PM
I'd recommend it also. The ysalamiri should've technically been in a harness pack, but the figure iteself is good.

QLD
05-09-2002, 03:35 AM
It is great! Get it NOW!!!!!!!!!

Brodie
05-09-2002, 07:03 PM
well,thats three out of three,so I guess thats a definate yes:D
thanks for the advice(and the welcome),I'm going to get it tomorrow:)
thanks again.

JediTricks
05-10-2002, 12:34 AM
"Yes", even though I think the whole look isn't right - the head seems too fat and round, and the ysalamiri should have its harness. However, it's a Thrawn figure, so it's still cool.

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
"Yes", even though I think the whole look isn't right - the head seems too fat and round, and the ysalamiri should have its harness. However, it's a Thrawn figure, so it's still cool.

Yeah it has a couple problems. The head just isn't how I pictured Thrawn.But then again, all the EU figures from Zahns books were based off that BUTT-TASTIC comic adaptation where they totally screwed up the looks of the characters.:rolleyes: so I'm not surprised.

But it really is a good figure overall, and I was pleasantly surprised when I got mine that the ysalamiri was removable. That almost makes up for it not being on a frame.:)