PDA

View Full Version : Buffy Lives! and dies, and lives, and dies..

THE Slayer
05-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Has anyone been watching Buffy TVS of late?
Thoughts??

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 02:32 PM
Absolutely, I love it.

Last nights episode really killed me (sorry for the pun) I LOVE Tara and even though I've known for a long time that Jonathan was going to kill her, it still makes me sad.

Plus the way it happened was so sudden and shocking. It's amazing to me how Joss can take things that most TV shows totally take for granted, like someone being shot, and turn it into the horrible tragic thing that it really is.:(

figrin bran
05-08-2002, 11:59 PM
that bathroom scene was soooo distressing...btw, that was warren that killed tara...

THE Slayer
05-09-2002, 02:24 PM
How did you know warren was going to kill her?? The whole first half of the ep, was kinda boring, but the second half was what reelled me in.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by figrin bran
that bathroom scene was soooo distressing...btw, that was warren that killed tara...

Yeah ,the bathroom scene shocked me too. It's too bad, I was really starting to think Spike could "make good" up till that. Now I don't think theres a chance.:(

I can't believe I said Jonathon. Total slip of the tongue, you're right, obviously it was Warren.

Originally posted by The SLAYERHow did you know warren was going to kill her?? The whole first half of the ep, was kinda boring, but the second half was what reelled me in.

I had heard about it several months ago. Tara would be killed by Warren, and then Willow would go nuts and become VERY evil to get revenge, and the Scoobies would have to stop/save her.

I was in real suspense for the first half of the episode, because I thought Warren would kill her while he was all invincible. I was really surprised when Buffy smashed those crystals because then I couldn't figure out how she was going to die... Awesome ending:)

eliwankenobi
05-10-2002, 11:36 AM
I'd been fairly disappointed with this season of Buffy up until this last episode. Now I'm hooked more than ever!
The bathroom scene was very disturbing. I've always held out hope for Spike, but I think he really blew it this time.
The ending though - WOW!!!
How powerful was that?! Just out of nowhere! I don't read the spoilers so I had no idea about impending events.
The show's climax certainly made it's events more real. When they go toe to toe with the demons and vamps and come out rosey its all in the fun of the show. But having a defeated Warren show up and open fire in the last minutes really brought the show home, in a sence.
I can't wait for next week's episode. From the trailer, it looks like Buffy rebounds quickly, but what about Tara? I really liked her character - and they just added her to the show's opening credits! They can't kill her off that fast!!

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by eliwankenobi
I can't wait for next week's episode. From the trailer, it looks like Buffy rebounds quickly, but what about Tara? I really liked her character - and they just added her to the show's opening credits! They can't kill her off that fast!!

Was Tara really in the opening credits now? YAY! I've been waiting for them to do that forever, but I usually walk out of the room when the credits start so I guess I didn't notice.:(

You're right, that would be strange if they put her in the credits just to take her out now. I'm afraid she is definitely dead though, apparently that's for sure. But I haven't heard anything to suggest that they couldn't bring her back someway. So I'm keeping my hopes up!:)

I agree that this season has been a little lacking, aside from a couple AWESOME shows like Once More With Feeling, most of the shows have been a little too dreary for me. But this one was pretty darn good. I can't wait for next week!

THE Slayer
05-11-2002, 05:44 PM
I guessing Tara won't be back in the flesh, but willow might see her in dreams and what not,, like what happened to Jenny. Amber Benson said she was orginally only going to be in a couple eps, but I guess Whedon finally figured out what to do with her. :(

I also really liked the ep, where willow did a spell and they all lost their memories, That was pretty funny. But the musical was probably the best.

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by THE Slayer

I also really liked the ep, where willow did a spell and they all lost their memories, That was pretty funny. But the musical was probably the best.

Yeah, there have definitely been some good eps this season too. It's just the average ones have been a little more boring I think than most seasons. I LOVED the Halloween episode though. It made me laugh quite a bit:)

THE Slayer
05-14-2002, 12:37 PM
To go back to your comment about boring/darker shows this season I think that was more intentional than accidental. Buffy died. Went to heaven. Then, came back to earth. So in my opinion, most of the atmosphere of the shows comes from what she's going through. throw in a couple really good moments to keep the people pleased and you have a very good season, not best, but one of the finest hours of tv drama. But I'm probably reading too far into things.

pthfnder89
05-14-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by THE Slayer
To go back to your comment about boring/darker shows this season I think that was more intentional than accidental. Buffy died. Went to heaven. Then, came back to earth. So in my opinion, most of the atmosphere of the shows comes from what she's going through. throw in a couple really good moments to keep the people pleased and you have a very good season, not best, but one of the finest hours of tv drama. But I'm probably reading too far into things.

No, I think you're totally right Slayer. Joss said a couple times that the theme of this season was "growing up". The episodes have made perfect sense considering what Buffy has gone through this year, but I REALLY hope that next season turns out to be much much lighter and more fun. :)

THE Slayer
05-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Joss has managed to take the show back down to it's "core", like he said would happen. Anya's a demon again, Tara's gone, Giles is gone, Spike went off the deep end. So that leaves, Willow, Xander, Buffy and Dawn, who kinda seems to be filling Cordelias role from season 1, albeit with a little less attitude.