PDA

View Full Version : What becomes of Boba.

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Does it say in the novel? Does he actually pilot the Slave 1 and leave Geonosis?

DeadEye
05-08-2002, 03:38 PM
The novel doesn't say. However, in the new book "Fight for Freedom (or Survival)" is about young Boba and it says everything he does before, during, and after AOTC. He ends up working for Count Dooku.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 04:04 PM
He joins a support group for orphans of single parent decapitated bounty hunters. :p

Jargo
05-08-2002, 08:40 PM
He takes the ship and visits a respray establishment somewhere in the backwaters of the galaxy and gets Slave-1 resprayed in the maroon and grey colour scheme we see all battered in the OT. Then he goes joyriding in it. and runs old ladies in clunky old fashioned station wagon like ships into asteroid clusters and lurks behind people until the y try to escape and mistakenly head off into nebulae and get totally lost and are never heard from again. He speeds through restricted shipping lanes dodging the traffic and driving dangerously while drunk. He gets involved with fast women and loose speeders. betting and carousing and betting and drinking and debts and debts and debts and then a run in with jabba who hires him thinking he's Jango. Thus the bounty hunter gets his first job and finds he has a taste and a talent for it all. He resprays his armour and LO! Boba Fett - bounty hunter for hire is born.

Beast
05-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Here is the synopsis for "Boba Fett: Fight for Survival" from TheForce.Net. Since it's supposed to continue off from the end of Episode II, it can be considered pretty much cannon. Of course, EIII could change anything that happens in the books. :D

The first 2/3 of the book recaps what happens during Episode II. We are shown the relationship between Jango and Boba through scenes that happen off screen during the movie. At least one scene of Jango and Boba fishing on Kamino comes straight from the Salvatore novelization. There are some interesting things explored in this book such as Boba being jealous of the clones, him longing for a mother, his infatuation with Padme, and his early hate of the Jedi. He becomes more shocked and confused as he sees the Clone Troopers, copies of himself and his father, aiding the Jedi who just killed his father. It's a rather deep exploration of his character considering this is a young reader's book.

After Jango's death, we see Boba retrieve the armor, bury his father, and leave Geonosis. Since Jango knew he could be killed one day, he put together a video "book" to help Boba in the event of his death. Boba periodically opens it and it spits out words of wisdom like a Bounty Hunter fortune cookie. Boba Fett begins a quest to reunite with Count Dooku to collect his father's money, then plans to meet up with Jabba the Hutt for "knowledge". As Boba Fett tries to track down Dooku, he is repeatedly screwed over by everyone he encounters. He gets a harsh dose of the real world. Matters are complicated when the Jedi put a bounty on Boba so he can be brought in for questioning. Things take an interesting turn at the very end when Boba Fett meets up with Aurra Sing who is also working for Count Dooku. Does this mean that we'll be seeing Aurra Sing working with Count Dooku and Boba Fett to hunt the Jedi in Episode III?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-08-2002, 09:17 PM
I'm still operating under the old rumor that Boba Fett is a woman.

chewie
05-08-2002, 09:24 PM
What does Boba do? The same thing he did in the OT... Absolutely nothing!

Nepotism at its worst right there.

Jargo
05-09-2002, 07:20 AM
PAH! That's Lucasfilm for you..... :crazed: "Oh, so your Rick's cousin three times removed, have a job. And you're Jango's son, have a job..." Pah! :D

Darth Ovori
05-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Is Boba still a kid when he meets up with Aurra... ???

I just wait to see how Boba and Darth Vader meet each other... ???

And what is meant by "his infatuation with Padme" I wonder if Anakin knows about this... arrghhh Dark Side, Jealous... ;)
But I'm sure everyone feels the same about Padme... ;)

JEDIpartner
05-09-2002, 11:02 AM
I'm still labouring under the assumption that Boba Fett is a useless incidental character.

... that and he goes to Disneyland after AOTC.

2-1B
05-09-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm still under the assumption that Boba Fett is really Kitster.

EMPEROR JARGO
"Oh, so your Rick's cousin three times removed, have a job.
:mad: I'll have you know I worked damn hard for the job, and no matter what you think I deserved it! :mad:

:D

Jargo
05-09-2002, 03:31 PM
Hmmm, what happened to Kitster then? he's conspicuous by his absense isn't he. You'd think that when a silver spaceship lands in Mos Espa he just might get to know about and think to himself that maybe Anakin came home (seeing as Anakin is the only one likely to be lucky enough to be taken from there to the Jedi temple for training and a life of relative luxury on a silver spaceship) and rush to see his childhood pal again. But no. Kitster is nowhere to be seen because he's really Captain Typho. He stowed away on the Naboo starship and Captain Pancakes found him but secretly wanted a son so he adopted Kitster when the got back to Naboo and in a fit of nepotism enrolled him into the royal guard. Thus we see Typho/Kitster in the second movie smiling when he sees Anakin again in Padme's apartment on Coruscant. It is - it's true! :crazed:

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-16-2002, 09:15 PM
I wonder how this thing with boba will play out? Could he go back to kamino and have the growth accelerator added to his cells? But then I wonder what the average life of a clone is?

Its neat that we know where he got his Armor from...its from his Fathers Mentor Jaster Mereel....The Essential Guide to Characters said it was on board the Slave 1 and Boba gets it after AOTC

Freedom
05-16-2002, 09:19 PM
I amagine he will age normally or else he'd be really old by the time Empire rolls around. Although, the OT Boba could be a clone of AOTC Boba.

What if something went wrong with one of the clone's minds and he thought he was Boba and began to be Boba?

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-16-2002, 09:23 PM
see I thought of that too.....how did Jango know that Taun we didnt kill boba one day while cleaning and replace him with another one..like ppl do goldfish????

I just can imagine Boba being out there alone Hunting Jedi at the ripe age of 13 I bet Kamino comes into play again for the last..er other fett

icatch9
05-16-2002, 11:10 PM
I am sure he'll grow up to be a bad ***$. I mean he is feared in the Galaxy in the time of Luke, so he has to do something. My guess is he wacks Mace. I mean he saw Mace kill his father, so he's going to want revenge.

QLD
05-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Or maybe he goes back to Kamino, OD's on super enhancing drugs, and that's how he becomes a super bad *** who dies a punk death like his dad.

Darth_Maul25SW
05-16-2002, 11:49 PM
No I think he'll confront Mace and say "You killed my father" and mace will say "No, I am your father... s killer! Just kidding. I mean. Sorry about that"

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-17-2002, 07:32 AM
Maybe mace will use the same jedi mind trick on boba that eddie murphy used on Mr. T

boba- you killed my dad
mace-no I didnt
boba-Maybe you didnt, Im gonna kill the fool who did

then mace runs off

Croaker
05-17-2002, 07:39 AM
It makes sense that if Boba hates the Jedi for killing his father and that ifr Vader in Ep III starts going around and killiing jedi that Boba will answer the call -
Hey, some dude needs help killing the Jedi! I'm in.
Hence Vader and Boba meet and begin their long working relationship.

QLD
05-17-2002, 08:40 AM
Or maybe it was the same Jedi Mind Trick Eddie Murphy used on record producers to let him record an alblum.

scruffziller
05-17-2002, 07:11 PM
Well at least we know what Boba Fett looks like underneath the aromor.

neonblade
12-04-2002, 01:25 PM
I've heard the disscusions b4 and was thinking.

The theories of Boba leaving the arena are very different.

1. The one where boba is picked up by- o what's her name- The one with red hair and is all pale white- that one. ( I only believe this a little.)

2. ( one i most believe) Boba puts on the jet pack and helmet and flies out of the arena.

Now number 2 sounds realistic, since it was in deleted partes of the script. But many people were talking about this cus of the figure of boba that comes with his jetpack that he uses in the original trilogy. So did Jango have more that one of the same packs- I mean his gets blown up on kamino? And I though the arena jetpack was cooler.

So even is Boba does put on the jetpack and helemt and fly away. The figure is wrong cus it has the wrong jetpack- O boy!

Any thoughts- O and does any body have any where i can make an episode 3 logo with out downloading it or if it reallly really has to download how do u use it?

neonblade

Arrogant Arse
12-12-2002, 08:41 AM
After the death of Jango, Boba goes through months of heavy drinking. Which then results in him flying the Slave one around drunk and crashing into stuff and denting the ship. One day when he was wasted, he and his buddies, Bossk, Greedo, and Cheif Bast decide to repaint the Slave 1 because "Dude, it'll look really cool if it were maroon!" After he sobers up he realises that it looked better before, and his "buddies" were jerks. He also realises that he really should get his life together. He moves to Spain, gets an accent, and trains. He then runs around the galaxy looking for the Bald Jedi that is a s** machine to all the chicks. When Boba captures Mace, just before he kills him he says to Mace (in his bad Spanish accent) "Hallo,...My name ees, Boba Fett...You killed-a-my father...Prepare to die!!! He then ends Shaft's, uh Mace's life.

That's canon, so don't dispute it:D

Sith Lord 0498
12-12-2002, 08:48 AM
I used to think Boba donned the helmet and jetpack to escape the arena, but I don't think that's likely anymore.

As neonblade pointed out, Jango's first pack was destroyed on Kamino, so the action figure is most likely wrong (unless Jango had a spare on Slave 1). But I always assumed his Geonosis pack was his spare.

And Boba certainly couldn't have taken that pack off his "father's" body and flew away. It's broken!!! That's the whole reason Jango Fett is dead after all!

I think Boba slipped back to Slave 1 ON FOOT and escaped before the Republic forces had a chance to secure the planet. They were too busy fighting the droid armies to notice a ship take off and escape that wasn't fighting them.

Fulit
12-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Or maybe it was the same Jedi Mind Trick Eddie Murphy used on record producers to let him record an alblum.

"My girl wants to party all the time, party all the time, party all the tiiiiiiiime!"

Classic tune. The lack of a Grammy nom for Murphy is still shocking to me.

mini-rock
12-13-2002, 01:07 PM
So if Jango's first pack was destroyed on Kamino, and the 2nd left on Geonosis, where does Boba (ESB) get his pack from? Are the packs Mandalorian or were they made somewhere else? On Kamino?