PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone actually get thier Geonosian Warrior(s) to stand?

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Out of the 2 I have neither of them like to stand and when they will it's only for a while.

I'm tempted to get some fishing line and just hang them like they're flying.

Freedom
05-08-2002, 06:49 PM
It took me a while, but I figured it out. I couldn't get mine to stand for long with the wings spread. I folded the wings down and one actually props it up. It doesn't look as good as with the wings spread but it stands.

Jargo
05-08-2002, 06:55 PM
I got five and they all stand up. One sometimes gets a bit dizzy and needs to rest on his wings but the other four are ok. It's just a case of moving the legs and the body in opposite directions until the weight is evenly distributed. He's off center in the sculpting so he leans to one side which throws him out a bit. But use the arms and the staff as a counter balance and you should eventually find a nice position. Just don't put him somewhere warm as his legs will bend and that's when he's most likely to fall over. :)

JEDIpartner
05-08-2002, 07:05 PM
I got both of mine to stand with their "sticks" and wings in assorted positions. I have them balanced on their two front toes (rear positioned leg) and rear toe (forward positioned leg). I've shaken the stand they are on and they don't fall down. I like that!

SuperBattleDroid88
05-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Mine stand perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1B
05-08-2002, 08:29 PM
I've had success as well.
I really have to kick his right leg back pretty far, but once he's balanced he stands much sturdier than I anticipated.

Good luck Battle Droid :)

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I've had success as well.
I really have to kick his right leg back pretty far, but once he's balanced he stands much sturdier than I anticipated.

Good luck Battle Droid :)
Yeah mine has to be leaning WAY back, but he stands up.

LTBasker
05-09-2002, 02:04 AM
You should try the poster handi-tak stuff, I haven't tried it on any Geonosian Warrior since I don't have any loose but I've used it on other figs which weren't very secure when standing up and I doubt even an earthquake could knock them over. So far from what I've seen it doesn't leave any residue on the figures either.

QLD
05-09-2002, 02:12 AM
They at least could have given them foot holes for my action stands! AGHH!!!

gibbspaulus
05-09-2002, 03:59 AM
He's a bit unstable - but that's no surprise is it? Most of my figures have come out of the bubble all warped. Even r"'s legs...

INDIANA
05-09-2002, 07:36 AM
I VERY CAREFULLY drilled holes in both the feet of the 3 I have AND the one that comes with the Maasiff. THEN I got them to stay on stands. The advantage is I can put them in some REALLY cool poses with wings stretched way out and arms wherever. They do LOOK MUCH better than trying to keep them with wings down leaning on his stick.

Jonna
05-10-2002, 11:00 AM
I have only opened 3 of the figures that I have bought (Plo Koon, Nikto Jedi, Clone Trooper) and all of them seem to be a bit wobbly. And what is with that rock stand that the Trooper comes with? The packaging should say: "Now with dirt pile".

gibbspaulus
05-10-2002, 11:02 AM
Careful, I called it something else in an earleir thread and got removed.

Mind your language guys...

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 11:25 AM
I'll have to consider drilling holes on the feets of my Geonosian Warriors. They do look good with thier wings up! The figure itself is pretty flimsy!

JEDIpartner
05-10-2002, 03:26 PM
One of mine is standing with the wings to the back and up a bit and the "stick" held up in front of his face. The other one has his wings up and to the sides, body twisted to the right and arms in "attack" pose. Both are standing without the need to prop them up with the "stick" or their wings.

Gee... what are you doing wrong? :rolleyes: :D

brentfett
05-10-2002, 04:14 PM
I did hang a few Geonosians on fishing line and they look great!