PDA

View Full Version : Poof and Yaddle are Dead. (MERGED)

Jargo
05-08-2002, 07:13 PM
I just got my copy of AOTC the illustrated companion by Marcus Hearn published by Ebury press and licensed to Lucas books. On page 55 it says:

"Jedi council members Yaddle and Yareal Poof have died since the battle of Naboo"

Oh my God, they killed Yaddle. You bastards! :cry: We knew about yareal being assasinated but Yaddle's dead too now. I can't believe they killed her off. I really liked yaddle. Even if she was just used in the background it would have been cool to see her. Why Yaddle though and not Oppo goatboy Rancisis? Bloody idiots!!!!! I don't want to see the movie now. My appetite has been dulled since recieving this news, I go into an extended period of mourning and will adopt the Yaddle avatar out of respect for the dead...... *bows head in sombre silence*

mylow thehutt
05-08-2002, 07:17 PM
they killed Yaddel,Danm. how did it happen.

Beast
05-08-2002, 07:19 PM
This truely is a sad day. I never really care much for Yareel Poof, but it was nice to see another member of Yoda's species in the movies. They should have killed off Even Piell instead, I don't like that quasi reject Yoda at all. I know they probably did it because just like Yareel Poof, she would have been a pain to CGI in the arena, but still. :(

I don't hate Oppo Rancisis, but I hope we get to see him fight in the arena. I like the idea of a Star Wars charecter that isn't basically huminoid in shape. But Yaddle did not deserve to die outside E2, so they can kill her off in the comics. She darn well better get an honorable death. :cry:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-08-2002, 07:23 PM
It doesn't say. That's all the information I've found. Just a single line in a book. No obituary or eulogy or anything. Pitiful that a great Jedi like Yaddle gets no respect. I'm going to urge hasbro to immortalise her in their upcoming Jedi council cinema scene pack. She deserves something and that's the least I can do..... *sniff* I'm - I'm just too overcome with emotion to - to type any more right now....... *sniff* :(

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 07:44 PM
That's EU and in my book, doesn't count.

They're alive and kicking until I hear it officially.

Beast
05-08-2002, 07:50 PM
Well, they arn't in Episode II, so consider them dead. Shaak Ti has Yaddle's old seat on the council, and Coleman Trebor has Yareel Poof's old seat. Any of the EU that takes place during the movie timeframe has to jive with the next movie, so it's usually kept strictly controlled. Outside the movies are all non-cannon stories and the writers have more freedom.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-08-2002, 07:52 PM
This is from the oficial behind the scenes book by marcus hearns that was advertised on the official site a few weeks back. It has pages and pages and pages of stuff that ties the OT to the prequels and tons of behind the scenes articles and information, Designs and artwork from the new movie and in depth character biographies. There's one page with a big paragraph about who's on and off the jedi council and that's where I got the info from. And all the information is culled from official sources. This is it, the official nod that Yaddle is dead. It's okay though Battle droid, I know this must have come as a shock to you too and you're just in denial over it all. In time the pain will heal believe me. Time is a healer they say and how bloody true that is. I've amended the Yaddle avatar to show true respect to the green one. I'm Sensing that the truth will slowly dawn on most people when yaddle just isn't in the movie............... :(

Battle Droid
05-08-2002, 07:57 PM
Couldn't Yaddle and Yarael just be on a mission in Ep2?

CrossWizard
05-08-2002, 08:18 PM
So what, they had like what? 2 minutes of screen time put together and no lines? whats the big deal, life goes on with or without a background character(s).

Jargo
05-08-2002, 08:20 PM
See? You're in denial and not hearing the words I speak. It's officially announced in the official behind the scenes book to go with the movie, Yaddle died between the movies and Yareal was allegedly assasinated. It's hard to hear the truth in this brutal impersonal way over the internet but it is - it's true. Yaddle and Yareal are dead.

So what? So why get steamed about any character in the saga - because you like them that's why. Are Chewbacca fans happy that they dropped a frickin' moon on him? NO! Am i happy that they killed off a great looking character and replaced her (Yaddle)with a clown and him (Yareal Poof) with a pterodactyl head? NO! Why? Because I liked those original characters and would have liked to see more of them. Yaddle didn't say anything but she looked like she had plenty of character. Yareal looked old and wise and like he had a lot to say. Shaak Ti looks ready to entertain the bear clan kiddies with party balloons and that pterodactyl headed Coleman Trebor looks like a muppet reject. About as realistic looking and lively as a statue in the Jedi library.
I harumph in your general direction. :zzz:

Jason B
05-08-2002, 08:32 PM
lmao in Jargo's general direction.

chewie
05-08-2002, 09:14 PM
Yaddle's dead, eh? I smell a Gary Condit-ish cover-up by Yoda. You know he was getting some on the side with Yaddle, but she was about to spoil his 800+ year perfect jedi master record with the annoucement of a baby Yoda. So he made her one with the force, a bit forcefully.

You try going 800 some odd years without any loving. It'd make any man (or little green man) into a killer.

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 03:26 AM
Yaddle's dead??!?!! DEAD???? :cry: :cry:
How can this be? Any idea on how it happened and why Oppo Rancisis didn't lay down his (her? it's?) life to save her?

This is just too much to take this early in the morning. I can't deal! I must go cry in my pillow!:cry:

Okay, all better now.

Yarael Poof's dead???!?!!?! DEAD???? :cry: :cry: How can this be? Awww, forget it. Q-Tip-Head sucked anyway. Pterodactyl-Head looks much cooler.

Jason B
05-09-2002, 06:25 AM
yeah, lke its any great wonder how a guy with a 3' long neck that resembles a Q-Tip died. :D

jawaboy
05-09-2002, 07:01 AM
God bless you Yaddle, where ever you are. May the Force be with you, always. Poor Yoda isn't getting any on Coruscant anymore. This truly is a dark turn of events.

2-1B
05-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Jargo, I like the new monument you created to Yaddle. It truly would fit in the Jedi Archives under the watch of Madame Jocasta Nu. :(

evenflow
05-09-2002, 12:45 PM
I am more upset that Yareal Poof died. I wish that they would make him into a figure.

El Chuxter
05-09-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Yaddle's dead??!?!! DEAD???? :cry: :cry:
How can this be? Any idea on how it happened and why Oppo Rancisis didn't lay down his (her? it's?) life to save her?

The official word from Saessee Tiin, Bringer Of Sass To The ForceTM
"That loser Oppo was too busy eating cans and head-butting folks in the rear to bother himself with saving a truly sassy Jedi like Yaddle. We can only hope that some Geonosian gives him the most ridiculous death scene in film history. We mourn Yaddle's passing, and hope to honor her by making her funeral the hippest shindig of the year."

:Pirate:

Wookiee
05-09-2002, 04:04 PM
I'll be sad to see Yaddle or any of the Jedi's killed, but I think we all know how this is going to end. They're all going to be killed eventually, except for Yoda and Obi Wan of course. Sort of sad. I was thinking that even back at Episode I as we were introduced to the Jedi counsel characters. they are the ones that Vader betrays and murders.

mylow thehutt
05-09-2002, 04:14 PM
in E1 Yaddel was sapose to have lines but it was cut,Jargo what was the name of the book.

Jargo
05-09-2002, 04:35 PM
Mylow, this is the book: Attack Of The Clones the illustrated companion by Marcus Hearn published by Ebury press a division of random house and licensed to Lucas books. It's actually a UK only publication but I shall scan in the page itself and you may be able to get hold of the book from amazon.com. I'll attach a pic of the cover to this post. A cool book though. here's what the official site said about it:

The Episode II Illustrated Companion
April 02, 2002

Star Wars fans in Great Britain will get their chance to delve behind the scenes and inside the story of Episode II with the upcoming trade paperback, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones -- The Illustrated Companion.
The 144-page book, written and compiled by Marcus Hearn, is split into two major sections: The World of Episode II and The Making of Episode II. The first section explores the galaxy of Star Wars, looking into character histories, vehicles specifications, and colorful write-ups on planets, aliens and creatures --- as well as connections between the new prequel and the classic trilogy.

The second section goes behind the camera, looking at the talented men and women that helped make Episode II a revolutionary movie. Learn more about the talented actors and the concept, animatic and visual effects artists. Read about the craftspeople behind the sets and costumes, as well as Writer/Director George Lucas, Producer Rick McCallum, and many others.

The lavishly illustrated full color book is published by Ebury books, a division of Random House in Great Britain, and is due out on April 23.

I believe that there's a book called mythmaking due out or already out that's very similar.

El Chuxter
05-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Aren't all positions of the Council except Senior Members (Mace and the other short green 'Y' critter) supposed to be rotated? Maybe Yaddle was rotated off for whatever reason, and the writer of that book assumed (wrongly) that she'd died.

We all assumed for years that Fett the Younger was either a crazed moralist named Jaster Mereel or a failed Stormtrooper, y'know?

saladin
05-09-2002, 05:41 PM
i likeds both of them top but still i think it adds a little more mystery to yoda

Jargo
05-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Here's the actual printed evidence. It's posible that some people in denial might want to think that yaddle was rotated off the council and is just doing some missionary work out somewhere in the darkness of the galaxy's deepest reaches but this book was written with the full co-operation of the LFL team and what it contains came from LFL themselves. I guess it's a cruel blow like finding out that Ben kenobi isn't Owen Lars' brother, or that Aurra Sing isn't really a bounty hunter but a podrace spectator...... :evil: And I guess we'll get to the bottom of it when the news spreads further and LFL are questioned about it. I may just go and ask the Jedi council after posting this. The truth will out as they say in really bad Sherlock Holmes movies - allegedly... :happy:

2-1B
05-10-2002, 03:34 AM
Well, at least I can take solace in the fact that Yaddle's replacement (Gary Coleman Trebor) bites it in the arena. :happy:

Heading over to the Yaddle petition now . . .

jedi_uk73
05-10-2002, 12:15 PM
I feel sorry for poor Yoda, now that Yaddle's dead, where is he going to get IT from?? Everyone else is too tall.:D

I can't see Shakk Ti or Luminara obliging him. Ya know what I mean.....

DeadEye
05-10-2002, 07:16 PM
who cares? One Yoda is enough, thank you. And I hated Yarael Poof, with that stupidly long neck of his...I just wanted to cut his head off! :D

Read the Zam Wesell comic, it shows Yarael Poof and his death. (He's stabbed, killed in battle, not assassinated.)

And Poof's seat seems to be the seat of death! Everyone that occupies it dies! (Coleman Trebor gets killed by Jango Fett.)

Jargo
05-10-2002, 07:37 PM
I wasn't talking about the EU. I was citing the holonet news which directly ties into the cannon of the movies. It's officially sanctioned hype making and spin doctoring on a super level. The comics are just made up stuff and crayon drawings. Can't count those.....

*waits for hailfire droids to appear round the corner.....*

die-jarjar-die
05-10-2002, 08:27 PM
Hey does anybody else think that Kit Fisto is the illegitimate love child of yoda & JarJar?

die-jarjar-die
05-10-2002, 08:27 PM
Poof bloke & Yoda chick are dead?

DeadEye
05-10-2002, 09:12 PM
You got it.

jawaboy
05-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Good to see you Mr d-jj-d. There is no shame in moisture... I should know.

Let me just say that once again I have been encouraged to go against the "Great Neck" (aka The Great Plaided One) and his sniveling sidekick. Last time I did this I ended up in traction, but I am not afraid any longer.

Yaddle is alive. It's Rick McCallum who is trying to kill her. We have to stand side by side with our Yaddle and show that butt-muncher who's boss.

She was the heart of the council. Kid, she had it all. And now, for kicks, Rick has went off and pushed for her to die. Well, I say it's wrong. In my heart she will always live. I'm making a call right now for those of you Yanks and our brothers across the sea, those hearty Brits, to stand with me and show your support for Yaddle.

I myself have changed my avatar in support. I know I'm not as hip as jargo and change my avatar every five minutes. No, my jawaboy avatar is like a Mercedes symbol. Yet, I've given it up. Who will join me? Who will change your avatar and go against the Colon-killer and the Terrible Tartan? Please, Yaddle needs you...It is our most desperate hour...

die-jarjar-die
05-10-2002, 09:41 PM
hey hey hey Jawadude! Hope the games going well for ya!

Cor I could wring that Mr Mccallums rubbery neck! How dare he try & knock off our beloved Yaddle & then pass the buck! Grrrr I demand satisfaction.......as a Gentleman! Gauntlets are down, pistols at dawn!

I'll stand with you, Jawadude! I'll join the "Save our Green skinned beauty Quest"

Altho my avatar is not as mighty as yours:(

O the woes of being a lowly moisture farmer.......

die-jarjar-die
05-10-2002, 09:42 PM
wahooo, no longer a measly moisture Farmer im now an "angry loner"......aka closet psycho????

corporal AMF
05-10-2002, 11:00 PM
ONE MINUTE OF SILENCE FOR YADDLE

:cry:
thanks

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Hey, the fans ressurected Boba Fett, so why not Yaddle? She did more in Ep1 than Boba did the entire OT anyway.:D

However, it is kind of hard to resurrect her when we don't know how she died; but as long as she wasn't blasted in a billion protons then it should be easy to explain away her "death."

Jargo
05-11-2002, 07:34 AM
I have added a halo to my Yaddle monument because I think the little green one should be sainted. If Lucas approved that tale of how she served all those years down a well deprived of love light and company and was tortured and taunted by those nasty baddies, then he's a sadist and Yaddle is indeed a true martyr. Seems only martyrs get sainted so I move that we annoint the little green one as a saint. Saint Yaddle of the immaculate hairdo. :p sorry :( better....

DeadEye
05-11-2002, 07:47 AM
I don't get it...what the heck is so great about her?

Jargo
05-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Ah... the eternal question! The answer you seek is found at the nub of the question. For true enlightenment you must first unlearn all that you have learned master DeadEye. Look not to the obvious shiny trappings of greatness but to the quiet unassuming humbleness of the little green one. Yoda may be the Great Jedi master but he is also a limelight hogging egotistical megolomaniac. Look how he tries to control all around him and subvert the young with his dreaded indoctrination programme. Perhaps the answer you seek is in Yaddles passive attitude. Why would she be off the council when the council supposedly advocates peace and justice? Because Yoda wants to subvert the galaxy and rule with an iron fist. The evil is not palpatine but Yoda!
Yoda has disposed of any critics quietly and with much aplomb. Yoda will never be suspected of being the real culprit because of his standing (or floating) on the council. His high and lofty status protects him from prying eyes and unwanted questions. But when his council colleagues started to suspect that something was amiss he had them deposed and desposed of with secrecy and cunning. Look not to what you see but instead to what lies behind it.......

jawaboy
05-11-2002, 08:24 AM
I second the motion to furthermore refer to her as Saint Yaddle of the Immaculate Council.

die-jarjar-die
05-11-2002, 08:33 AM
mesa lika theeeeeees! wesa sayin Saintie Yaddle bein ousa God or summtin?

(i think i had too much for breakfast:( )

DeadEye
05-11-2002, 08:54 AM
Oh, boy. :rolleyes:

jawaboy
05-11-2002, 11:56 AM
Just a Saint, and only because she is the only one around that hasn't been molesting the lil' Padawans.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 02:38 AM
Alright, who's the wise guy that gave this thread only one star?:mad:

jawaboy
05-12-2002, 09:15 AM
It's definately worth at least 5 stars. That should get people reading this and some action going. It'll let people know that we aren't taking Rick-the-Yaddle-Killer anymore!

DeadEye
05-12-2002, 09:37 AM
I don't see what's so great about a little female Yoda anyway. It's not like she even does anything....:frus:

jawaboy
05-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Much you have to learn DeadEye.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 02:25 PM
Look at all the other characters who just stand around yet still have fan followings:

Boba Fett
Dengar
IG-88
Zuckuss
4-Lom
Bossk
DENGAR!!!
Royal Guards
Amanaman
Ephant Mon
DENGAR!!!!
Yakface
GONK Droids
Hermie Odle
Imperial Dignitaries
DENGAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

DeadEye
05-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Exactly, Bigb. I'm not approving of these fan followings...so you shouldn't be either.

I mean, Dengar for crying out loud...and Yaddle for crying out loud! It's just as bad!!! A stupid little female Yoda!!! Are you like, two years old or something???? :mad:

Jargo
05-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Last time I looked at my birth certificate it said I was old enough to take my belt off and tear you a strip for your impudence young man. :D

As an elder statesman who has so many years under his belly as to be in a position lofty enough to offer advice, I say: take not the path of the indignant and follow not the herd.

The little green one may not have the stinky dialogue magnitude of the other little green one but that is the enigma. That is where the interest lies. Why was she silent? Just what is her story really? Why the hairdo so beautifully coiffed? What colour the lightsaber of Yaddle? How did she die? What circumstances surround her mysterious disappearance? Why no mention at all of her since? All this make for a more interesting story than the green one who pontificates endlessly in broken syntax. More interesting than endless council meetings to discuss the chosen one's choice of stud-u-like black leather garments.

And it appears oh young one that you have failed in the lesson of the week. Enlightenment can not be found on the end of an irritated attack. True enlightenment comes from seeing the absurd for what it really is - absurd.

lesson number three - If like you not the taste of jelly, persist not in eating it. :happy:

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
A stupid little female Yoda!!! Are you like, two years old or something???? :mad:

Whoa, whoa!! Easy there guy! Anxiety attacks like that can have serious consequences when you get to be my age; they can downright kill you when you get to be Jargo's age.:p

Why all the anger and wrath against those of us who choose to look to the little green girl-frog for enlightenment? Is it because you are secretly in love with Yaddle and your anger is just pent up sorrow that you are taking out on us, Yaddle's Fan Club? (Jargo I think it is your job to come up with a motto and a theme song) It's okay to release those emotions, Deadeye, go ahead let it all out. We're here for you.

:D:D:D

Jargo
05-13-2002, 06:12 AM
Motto and song? I think a sombre gathering together of the sayings of Yaddle so as to enlighten the uninitiated to the wisdom of the sage sainted green one. Funny that, sage - green one... never mind. :rolleyes:
I will atempt to gather together a small pamphlet of her utterances so that we may spread the word of Yaddle like so:

And in the darkness of the biding hour the wise one spaketh thus, "................." and it was so.

For is it not written that when the Shyerba unburdens its bowels in the street of the annointed pakoona bird, then shall it rain down furious hellsnow. And unto the unenlightened shall appear a vision of wisdom in the shape of the little green one and it shall say unto them "..... ....... ........"

Something of that nature. What do you think? I'm liking the wisdom of Yaddle so far. Much better than the current offerings of devotee indoctrination. This one seems to leave so much open to interpretation that there's no hinderence to anyone's lifestyle. I think we're onto a winner here guys. How soon do you reckon we could get a cult going? The money we could fleece take as donations from people who became followers is just mind blowing to think of... riches and adoration await. :evil:

El Chuxter
05-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Fandom will grind to a halt if Yaddle is not properly eulogized. George Lucas will become depressed and hand the saga over to Rick McCallum, who will cast Carrot Top as a young Dengar. He will then neglect the fact that the story is supposed to be about Anakin Skywalker and make Episode III (to be entitled Greedo Shot First and That's That, So Get Over It Already, Dammit) a musical comedy about the antics of Jar Jar Binks.

And many people are distraught and cannot properly articulate their thoughts, but Yaddle was a friend to "Sassy" Saesee Tiin and the betrothed of TEEK. She is--was--the true heroine of the story.

"That topknot, that green skin, that saucy backwards talk--the Force is a less sassy place without her."
--Saesee Tiin

Jargo
05-13-2002, 01:42 PM
When time it is to seek the converging place to shed the shackles of the past, then time it is also to tighten the sacred belt one notch.
Tis said that yaddle had tightened several notches before she 'disappeared' her writings tell us this:

"...... ... ...... ........ ........, .......... ....... ... ..... ....................!"

Which is enough of a lesson for anyone I think you'll agree. :zzz:

DeadEye
05-13-2002, 03:28 PM
I'm choosing not to post Yaddle hate-sentences in this thread anymore. After all, you're entitled to your opinions. I apologize for what I've said and hope that you all still like me. Besides...I hope to one day be a moderator. ;)

Jargo
05-13-2002, 03:41 PM
When choosing the shoes to take you to the lightness that is true peace and harmony, it is best to choose wisely lest the feet tread in something nasty along the way. Squidgey stuff between the toes is not harmonious even if it is the squidge from a holy Shyerba's backside. On the subject yaddle had this to say:

"... ........ ........ ......., ...... ................ .. ......... ........... ........ ..... ?"

Exquisitely and so succinctly put. Truely Yaddle is the one to follow for the wisdom and knowledge of the ages is to be found in her words. Let us kneel at the setting of the sun and meditate on all that we have learned from the sainted green one. And let us be remembering that she died the martyrs death. Only through suffering and deprivation can we hope to be as great and wise as Yaddle. Let us follow now......

SQueek
05-16-2002, 11:57 AM
was the "library" where she was supposidly studing where obi got the map of the universe or whatever? i didnt catch her

2-1B
05-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Nope, she's still dead. Unless she is a changling and can turn into George Lucas' son . . . :p

evenflow
05-16-2002, 12:01 PM
I was looking for her, but didnt notice anything.

JediIan
05-16-2002, 07:44 PM
Where the heck did Yarael Poof and Yaddle get off to? And why did Oppo have a tentacle?

Beast
05-16-2002, 07:49 PM
Don't read the forums much, do you? :D Yareel Poof and Yaddle have both died in the years between Episode 1 and 2. They were replaced on the Jedi Council by Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti. Oppo is a snake bodied alien, that's his body...not a tentacle. You can read more about Yaddle, and a mention or two of Yarael here. And also a thread about Yarael as well. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7802

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5025

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediIan
05-16-2002, 07:51 PM
I'm almost positive though, i'd need to crack out the DVD, but i swear i can see Oppo's feet in the TPM.

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 08:04 PM
Was Oppo ever seen in the Arena Battle? cause i don't remember seeing him.

JediIan
05-16-2002, 08:09 PM
Oppo isn't in the arena battle at all, not that i could see anyway, I mean, the heck with the Yoda fight, i think we all know what fans want....

We all want to see that crazy man-beast Oppo kick some sith ***

JediIan
05-18-2002, 06:53 PM
I am just curious to know, HOW did yarael poof and yaddle die???

DarthMaulSithLord
05-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Yaddle died? Man that sucks. I heard Yarael died when he tried to save Luminara Unduli.

:)

Reptile
05-24-2002, 10:18 PM
I heard Yareal Poof was not in EPII (Yep i have not seen it yet:D )
Anyway i wonder why he was not in the mass of Jedi's, I so wanted to see him weild a Saber, And of course an Action Figure!

It would have been cool to see Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis or even the female Yoda (Yodle?) too.

A'Sharad Hett
05-24-2002, 10:20 PM
According to the Zam Wessel comic that came out right before the movie, Yaerel died. Shot or stabbed or something. I dont have the details I was just excited I could answer first. heh

Reptile
05-24-2002, 10:22 PM
man, poor Yareal.
I guess i have to hope that we get a Phantom Menace Saga figure of him.

Beast
05-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Yarael Poof and Yaddle have both died since the Invasion of Naboo, and prior to E2. You can read thru the thread about both of them at the following link:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-24-2002, 10:48 PM
:cry:

scruffziller
05-24-2002, 10:52 PM
He probably wans't hard to kill since his neck have snapped in two like a twig.

saladin
06-02-2002, 12:32 AM
i mean she was ok, but for me she took away some of yoda's mystery. I felt he was the embodyment of the force, and theere's two come on.:dead:

2-1B
06-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Shame on you! :p

Yoda had to come from somewhere, didn't he? Ma and Pa Yoda are probably long gone, but the race is not nearly extinct . . . I hope.

Goodbye Yaddle . . . and saladin, enjoy the rebuttals that I'm sure will follow . . . :D

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Not me, it's just sad that her and Yarael had to go, I really wanted to see Yarael in action, with maybe 4 lightsabers, one for each hand.

Darth_Vader
06-02-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Not me, it's just sad that her and Yarael had to go, I really wanted to see Yarael in action, with maybe 4 lightsabers, one for each hand.
I agree, Poof was cool...

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 01:00 AM
They take out the two best Jedi and add a Clown and a Dino head Jedi , what was Lucas thinking, not to mention the Duck Jedi.

I hope all 3 of them were killed!

Darth_Vader
06-02-2002, 11:53 AM
I say JARGO killed her!!! He IS a Dark Master you know!!

Jargo
06-02-2002, 05:48 PM
No, I just killed Shaak Ti the clown faced dope and Howard the bow legged duck. Yaddle was a friend and a very good f........ best not go there eh? :D

jawaboy
06-02-2002, 07:04 PM
I think Yaddle should be the World Cup mascot! Kindness. Freedom. Wisdom. Pure inspiration.

Jek Porky 2002
06-25-2002, 05:24 PM
I know how much you all hate the fact that Yareal Poof and Yaddle had to make way for Shaak Ti and Coleman Trebor on the Jedi Council, so who would you have rather got rid of instead?

MikeAndTheBots
06-25-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
I know how much you all hate the fact that Yareal Poof and Yaddle had to make way for Shaak Ti and Coleman Trebor on the Jedi Council, so who would you have rather got rid of instead?
I don't remember his name but he's got a long neck and is kind of hairy. Oppy something or something.

Jek Porky 2002
06-25-2002, 05:47 PM
You can't meen Oppo Rancisis, this guy's great, if you look carefully at him in Episode II he's just one long serpentine creature with a tail at the end, you can see it waggling in the council scenes.

TheDarthVader
11-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Matching up the council from my Ep1 visual dictionary and one of the more recent issues of the Star Wars Insider, I have noticed that Yaddle and Yareal Poof are replaced by Shak Ti and Coleman Trebor. Does anyone know what happened to Yaddle and Yareal Poof? They were both in Ep1!! Now they are gone??

Brian

Beast
11-01-2002, 11:37 PM
Do a search of the forums, but here is the quick answer. Both Yaddle and Yareal Poof have died since the events of Episode I. This has been confirmed in the comics, and in an Official E2 book that came out in the UK. Yareal Poof was murdered, the fate of Yaddle is so far unknown, until the comics decide to address her death. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
11-02-2002, 03:47 AM
They were destroyed, by the Empire. ;)

187-Maul
11-02-2002, 08:38 AM
Yareal Poof was shot during a mission to save curuscant
I have the comic, it's actually a jango fett/zam wessel comic

Master ToNone
11-02-2002, 12:07 PM
I thought Yaddle went to head one of the other council's. Perhaps the library data banks. or some other department. From visual dictionary E1 I think.

evenflow
11-02-2002, 12:48 PM
Two bad they died. I would have loved to see figures of these two produced.

Battle Droid
11-02-2002, 03:28 PM
There'll most likely still be figures of them made.

Beast
11-02-2002, 03:34 PM
Yeah, charecters dieing doesn't stop Hasbro from making figures. In the old days of Kenner though, if a charecter died that made things almost certain that they wouldn't get an action figure. That's why Kenner never produced a Tarkin figure. Thankfully they pretty much dropped that idea after time, but they never did make that Tarkin. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Gungan Warrior
01-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Does any one know what happen to Yarael Poof? The Jedi with ver long neck.

Beast
01-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Try a search, before starting a new topic. But both him and Yaddle are dead. Both of them died during the 10 years between TPM and AOTC's. Yareal's death was revealed in the comics, Yaddle's fate is currently unknown. Here's a link to the thread about them being dead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
01-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Try a search, before starting a new topic. But both him and Yaddle are dead. Both of them died during the 10 years between TPM and AOTC's. Yareal's death was revealed in the comics, Yaddle's fate is currently unknown. Here's a link to the thread about them being dead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks for the leg work JJB.

Gungan Warrior,

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10012

Chiesa
01-10-2003, 12:48 AM
**** i just read this thread... Suprisingly I missed it all along. I didn't know Yaddle was dead!??!?! WTF... Sorry but I will do some late mourning now!! To think I just read the book "cloack of deception" and actually got many teachings of Yaddle in my head still lingering... Sigh...

:(