PDA

View Full Version : Yaddle petition

Jargo
05-08-2002, 08:16 PM
Dear Hasbro. Today I'm sad. Today I found out that they killed off Yaddle. Yaddle who i'd hoped would be expanded upon as a character in this upcoming movie but who will now sadly never see the light of day again.
I was wondering, as I've read the news at Yakface that you're planning on producing a Jedi council cinema scene sometime late this year or next year, could you see your way to producing a complimentary figure of Yaddle? maybe in a two pack with Even Piell. Maybe as a pack in with Jocasta Nu or something. Anything to celebrate the little green one. I'm probably alone in my appreciation of this character but to complete the episode one council is one of the goals of my collecting now.
Please consider this will you? Perhaps she could be part of an unsung heros selection along with Yarna D'al Gargan? Just a thought, that was all....

2-1B
05-08-2002, 08:20 PM
You're not alone Jargo, I'd like a figure of her too.

Hasbro,
people love Yoda not only because of the character but also because of how neat he looks. I really believe this appreciation extends to Yaddle as well. Consider how interested everyone was when they revealed her in TPM, and then go ahead and make a figure please. :)

Dryanta
05-08-2002, 08:22 PM
I'll add a third to it Hasbro.You make her I'll buy one.I'm the same as Jargo,I would very much like you to finish the EP1 counsel

Beast
05-08-2002, 08:31 PM
I support the production of a Yaddle figure, and well as one of Yareel Poof. A 2-pack of them would be great to commemerate the charecters having died between E1 and E2. :( Hopefully the rumored Cinema Scene for next year of the Council will be the following three figures: Yareel Poof, Oppo Rancisis, and Yaddle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MikeAndTheBots
05-08-2002, 08:36 PM
I jsut want the complete council in their cool chair things and they were on the council so it gets my vote.

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 12:13 AM
Yaddle & Yarael Poof BOTH!

QLD
05-09-2002, 02:37 AM
I'm game. But then again, they could make turdman and I would probably buy it. Oh wait, I did, but they called it Amanaman.

Jargo
05-09-2002, 07:35 AM
I was lying in bed last night and considering this thread. Sad but true - I think about SSG even when I'm not here. Anyway, I considered that both Yareal Poof and Even Piell were in fan choice polls and lost. Hasbro must already have the legwork done on the designs for them to have been in the polls at all. So far we've got Eeth Koth and Teemto Pagalies who lost in polls so it's fair to assume then that the cinema scene will contain Yareal and Even. It's also fair to assume that if we keep up the pressure we could still get a yaddle in the cinema scene. Oppo Rancisis fights in the arena so we could get him as a carded figure at some point. Which only leaves Depa Billaba for a very non movie collector orientated year.

So a cinema scene with Yareal, Even, and yaddle could be a reality by the years end. I think some feedback from Hasbro on this might be nice.

I'd prefer them not to be seated considering that none of the others are seated. But if they are then at least give them articulation enough to stand. And dont do a Graxol Kelvyyn on Yareal either. Graxol when stood up is about six times too tall. Just ordinary legs under the robes please. Thank you Hasbro. :)

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 08:28 AM
i too would like to see those figures made!

El Chuxter
05-09-2002, 12:04 PM
I'd love 'em both!

BTW, e-Jargo (or anyone else), what happened to the dearly departed Yaddle? I know Yarael got offed in the Zam Wessel GN, but I haven't seen anything yet about Yaddle's passing.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

evenflow
05-09-2002, 12:24 PM
I would like to put my name on that too. have an entire Jedi would love to a complete Jedi Council.

2-1B
05-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Chux, the cause of death has yet to be determined. :(

The Jedi authorities are saying it's best left unsolved.
(if I may poach from This is Spinal Tap)

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 01:24 PM
I would definitely want a Yaddle figure too. We don't see too much of Yoda's species in Star Wars so Yaddle would be a welcome addition. I also liked her story from the Star Wars Tales comic book.

If they make a Yarael Poof, how hard would it be to give him a bendy Gumby-like neck?

Jargo
05-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Yeah Yaddle gets like one line in the behind the scenes book saying she died between the movies (I'm guessing it's a Norma Desmond thing, y'know? ;) ) And that's all she wrote. I guess it's up to the EU comic book writers to fil in the relevent riduculously contrived details but no more information is available as of yet.

Yareal with proper legs all four arms with two under the robe and a bendy neck. I'm all for the bendy limbs and necks idea to make the Dianoga a possibility so trying it out on Yareal would be a good idea.
I realise there's a safety issue, but there are toys made by companies like Mattel that achieve a high level of safety so Hasbro could achieve it too without a lot of compromise or loss of detail.

evenflow
05-09-2002, 03:07 PM
I would love to see a Yareal Poof figure too. I hope they get made.

joe-da
05-09-2002, 08:11 PM
Please make Yaddle! And Oppo Rancisis too.

JEDIpartner
05-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Poor little, green and overlooked Yaddle. Now she's dead... Hasbro... you are now OFFICIALLY obligated to making her. We are gonna miss her.

oh, yeah... and that Yarael Poof that went "poof"... make him too.

Oh... and that big fatty Yarna...! A non-fan friend of mine was watching "Jedi" the other night on Fox. The next day he asked me if they ever made "that fat dancer". He said they should because she is "pretty remarkable"!! :crazed:

Croaker
05-12-2002, 07:11 AM
I'm in.
I've been wanting all of the Jedi council for a while.

And then the new council members - one of whom has already been made - Shak Ti. SO that leaves the other - I don't know the name.

Jargo
05-12-2002, 07:44 AM
Coleman Trebor. He's creatively named after ILM staffer Robert Coleman. I preferred Sarr Labooda myself but they went and changed his name to Coleman Trebor....... Silly Pterodactyl headed goofball. Look at the size of his shoulder pads! That is soooooooo 1984........ UGH! :rolleyes:

Amanamike
05-12-2002, 09:13 PM
My 2 cents would be to get all the jedi coucil members!!! Why wouldnt they make em all?? George gave them alot of new aliens to work with so Hasbro better get started here soon.

corporal AMF
05-12-2002, 11:04 PM
I realise there's a safety issue, but there are toys made by companies like Mattel that achieve a high level of safety so Hasbro could achieve it too without a lot of compromise or loss of detail.

Oh I see the problem with Hasbroken.......I hurt my friends with Yarael Poof head:evil: :evil:

2-1B
02-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Now that Yarna is on the way, let's go going on the Yaddle paddle. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
02-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Now that Yarna is on the way, let's go going on the Yaddle paddle. :thumbsup:

Didn't they already make a Yaddle figure?

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 12:59 PM
They did. She's in one of the Jedi Temple sets.

Back to Yarna.

Thank you sincerely Hasbro for making this figure.
It looks to be a well made figure and will gladly be collected by many a fan.

Please do not overload her in cases of figures as we don't want her to pegwarm. Shortpacking in this case might not be a bad thing as you can release here in later case assortments if it's found she is being bought up and not left on pegs.

Again a most sincere thank you for immortalizing this character in plastic!

2-1B
02-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Well...then let's get an improved resculpt of Yaddle on a single card. :thumbsup:

Jargo
02-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Yaddle is a poop figure with the same detail level as the pice o carp episode one yoda. they should do a yaddle the way they've done Tsu Choi in the order 66 pack. soft goods robe and articulated for battle. use the comic book story about yaddle being imprisoned all those years. was that in star wars tales? mm. just make a better yaddle than that lump from the jedi council set.

2-1B
02-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I knew I was justified in digging up this old thread. :grin:

Jargo
02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
i was just comparing the soft goods yoda from last year. well the one with the pale cloak not the one that came out with kybuck. and not the vintage one either. the other one with separate legs and a fighting attitude. that one. and i was thinking yaddle should have that feel to her. they've got it right with tsu choi in the order 66 pack for sure. I really want tsu choi now. but we need a yaddle and even Piell done with articulated legs and soft goods. do em as a 2-pack. if hasbro are prepared to go with fan favourites like the ewok and wokling and yarna then a couple of decent small jedi shouldn't present a problem.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I passed on the Jedi Temple sets because the figure were lame. Though Yaddle and Piell, do deserve decent figures (More so than Yarna) since they are jedi characters they should sell better than our favorite six breasted dancer from ROTJ. I would love to see these two brought back out and i too was very displeased to see them kill this character off, but i guess they had to make room for Shaak Tii and Kit Fisto some how...Yaddle deserves a new figure!!

Jargo
03-30-2008, 01:52 PM
If hasbro ever redid Yaddle I think an aproach similar to the VOTC Yoda would be most appropriate. use the VOTC Yoda's legs and arms. sculpt a new torso and head. give Yaddle a soft goods lower inner robe and a soft goods outer robe. make her hair more copper than that horrible red they used on the jedi council set yaddle.

Base her on the Yaddle from the Dark horse comic story 'Yaddles tale' and pack her with an Advose overlord.