PDA

View Full Version : Slave 1

The True Maul
05-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Hey guys I have a quick question, on Slave1 on the side of the ship there is a small hole. Whats this for??

Freedom
05-08-2002, 10:06 PM
I never noticed that.
Well, we know the Obi-Wan Pilot comes with an accessory that attatches to the Jedi Fighter. Maybe a future Jango or Boba Fett comes with an accessory that attatches there. Although I have no idea what it would be.

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 10:42 PM
I was excited to find out today that there is a hole in the cockpit that you can attach Jangos Jetpack to when he's piloting.

I'm sure it's old news to most people, but I'm not too observant...:D :P

I bet the other hole is where you can attach a homing beacon that'll come with a later figure. I know that Obi Wan attachs one to Slave 1 in the movie, but I don't know where he puts it. So that's my suggestion.

Beast
05-08-2002, 11:01 PM
The Homing Beacon is already there, pthfnder89. It's the little panal that revolves on the front ramp area of the ship. You're right about a later accessory fitting into the hole though, but at this point who knows what it will be. The Super Battle Droid has a blast effect on a peg, may wanna see if that fits in there. According to the Wal-Mart website, the Republic Gunship will have spots where the Jedi lightsaber blaster reflections can attach as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The Homing Beacon is already there, pthfnder89. It's the little panal that revolves on the front ramp area of the ship. You're right about a later accessory fitting into the hole though, but at this point who knows what it will be. The Super Battle Droid has a blast effect on a peg, may wanna see if that fits in there. According to the Wal-Mart website, the Republic Gunship will have spots where the Jedi lightsaber blaster reflections can attach as well. :)

Oh, I didn't realize that's what that was on the rotating panel. On the box it just says "battle damage".

I just tried the Super Battle Droids blast ffect and it fits fine. But it doesn't look very interesting to me.

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 05:07 AM
And thanks to Pthfndr I just discovered that Jango's (Kamino Escape) backpack comes off. (I don't feel too dumb --- as I only got this guy yesterday . . .)

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 09:59 AM
It could be for a tracking device of Obi-Wan's (I know you can turn the panel on the front to show this) or maybe....

it's were he dumps his load from, before going to hyperspace. HA HA HA J/K:crazed:

JEDIpartner
05-09-2002, 10:21 AM
For further coverage on the SLAVE I

Click Here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6104) Main review...

Click here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6167&highlight=little+surprises) "Little hidden surprises" thread

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
I bet the other hole is where you can attach a homing beacon that'll come with a later figure. I know that Obi Wan attachs one to Slave 1 in the movie, but I don't know where he puts it. So that's my suggestion.

After seeing the movie last night, the hole is DEFINITELY for Obi Wans tracking device. The location of the hole next to the cockpit is exactly where Obi Wan throws it.

Hopefully they'll give us one with a wet Kamino Obi figure.:)

JEDIpartner
05-16-2002, 10:44 AM
If that is the case, why the heck did they put it on the decal that's on the ramp? That would seem a little redundant, don't you think?

"It's on the side of the ship! Then it walks down to the ramp and then gets blown up!"

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 11:46 AM
I really don't know. Did anyone else see where he throws it in the movie? Was I dreaming?

I 'm pretty sure he threw it right next to the cockpit, and I was paying attention to it because I've been bothered by that hole. But maybe I didn't see it right.

BanthaPoodoo
05-16-2002, 02:56 PM
You saw it right, when Obi throws it, it lands on the (if looking head on into cockpit) left side on a panel right in front of the wing as outlined in the pic below of the toy

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 02:21 AM
Why is it on the stickers on the ramp as well? Because Hasbro was probably desparate to put one more gimmick on this toy and couldn't put in an opening door or loading ramp due to the interior mechanations. I mean, we never saw Jango blow that homing device off the hull either, but Hasbro included that too.

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Why is it on the stickers on the ramp as well? Because Hasbro was probably desparate to put one more gimmick on this toy and couldn't put in an opening door or loading ramp due to the interior mechanations. I mean, we never saw Jango blow that homing device off the hull either, but Hasbro included that too.

That might also explain why on the box, the sticker is only refered to as "battle damage" and there is no reference to a homing beacon. They may have decided late on to include it as an upcoming accessory with an Obi Wan or Jango figure.

Beast
05-17-2002, 12:12 PM
Most likely the position changed while the movie was in production, and Hasbro had already planned and included the Homing Beacon on the ramp. So rather then destroy all the pieces they already had, they just added a hole to the side of the ship, to accomidate the homing beacon. No big loss, alot of the first toys to come out have minor inaccuraces. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Seems the Slave 1 also had another little secret, not only can you attach the Super Battle Droid's blast effect to the side of the ship. But you can also attach Jango's blaster lollipops to the ships guns. Take a look at this picture from Rebelscum. :cool: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Seems the Slave 1 also had another little secret, not only can you attach the Super Battle Droid's blast effect to the side of the ship. But you can also attach Jango's blaster lollipops to the ships guns. Take a look at this picture from Rebelscum. :cool: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nifty!

See? And some silly people say the blast effects are useless:p :D

Casual George
05-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Now if they would only make one to scale. That would ROCK!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 04:51 PM
Yeah i had hoped this Slave I would be to scale or at least close to the size of the Falcon. Btw, i won't be buying that Preview Jango to open, can Boba's effects snap on the Slave I guns?

:)

Beast
05-22-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Yeah i had hoped this Slave I would be to scale or at least close to the size of the Falcon. Btw, i won't be buying that Preview Jango to open, can Boba's effects snap on the Slave I guns? :)
Perfect scale is somthing you will have to live without in the Star Wars line. Ships in perfect scale would cost insane prices, and the line still is a line, primarily for kids. As for the blast effects, they should, since they are the exact same ones. I think that's cool that they planned out that you could use the blast lollipops on the Slave 1's guns. Looks kickarse that way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 05:46 PM
Yeah i agree on both of the things you said, but they could've made it a tad bigger.

Anyway, great thinking on Hasbro's part with the blast effects, just wish they treated the European market the same as the US. It's really pathetic.

:(

JediTricks
05-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Btw, i won't be buying that Preview Jango to open, can Boba's effects snap on the Slave I guns?They're the same exact accessories from those 2 figs, so "yes".

pthfnder89
05-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
They're the same exact accessories from those 2 figs, so "yes".

Hey, that actually makes sense! Since Boba never fires Jangos blasters in the movie, but he does at least fire Slave 1's lasers. What do you know, Hasbro did something right ;):D

JediTricks
05-24-2002, 10:16 PM
So that explains why the blast effects for the Clone Troper, Zam, and Typho also fit on Slave 1. :D :crazed: ;)

LTBasker
05-24-2002, 10:19 PM
And why they also fit on the Boomer Damaged Battle Droid's blaster rifle. ;)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-26-2002, 02:56 PM
Neat.

:D

chris
06-12-2002, 09:24 AM
I never even noticed and that was one of the first things i bought.

pthfnder89
06-12-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by chris
I never even noticed and that was one of the first things i bought.

Don't feel bad Chris. I never notice little things like this either until they are posted here in the forums; I guess I'm just not very observant.:D I had the Jedi Starfighter for a LONG time before someone told me about the hole on it.