PDA

View Full Version : How are you helping promote AOTC ?

Jedi_Rainman
05-08-2002, 09:32 PM
I thought about it and I want to help promote AOTC b/c I am a huge Star Wars fan. My way of helping is that I put ALL of the TV Spots on VCD and have them playing on repeat at the Wal-Mart that I work at. Lots of people look to amazement and say, "That was cool" or "I really can't wait to see it." Another thingh is that I think Spider-man is cool, but no one seems to think Star Wars will beat it. I think we need to get peoples eyes focused on old George's vision and help Star Wars AOTC take #1 spot in the all-time most grossing film. So do what you can to help. We want Star Wars to be what it is b/c its so great, not b/c of just the name!

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Well, I'm really excited that AOTC is looking to be a great Star Wars movie. But personally I don't think it needs too much help in being promoted. I've happily told most of my friends and family that it will be much better than Episode 1 and why, and I'm pretty happy that that's enough :)

Wolfwood319
05-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Rainman
I thought about it and I want to help promote AOTC b/c I am a huge Star Wars fan. My way of helping is that I put ALL of the TV Spots on VCD and have them playing on repeat at the Wal-Mart that I work at. Lots of people look to amazement and say, "That was cool" or "I really can't wait to see it." Another thingh is that I think Spider-man is cool, but no one seems to think Star Wars will beat it. I think we need to get peoples eyes focused on old George's vision and help Star Wars AOTC take #1 spot in the all-time most grossing film. So do what you can to help. We want Star Wars to be what it is b/c its so great, not b/c of just the name!

What is with all these Star Wars fans who want AOTC to be "#1" or "highest grossing" or whatnot? If its great, its great, if it sucks, it sucks, so be it. Why do people care if other people see it or not?

I didn't get all the fuss over Titantic, and I don't get the all the hubbub. :rolleyes:

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 01:48 AM
Promoting the film is not my job, I just buy the merchandise and movie tickets. When Lucas puts me on his payroll, then I will worry about promoting the film.

The only reason Ep2 needs to make a lot of money is because GL uses the profits from one movie to finance the next movie. However, I think he made enough off of TPM to finance Ep2, Ep3 and another two trilogies.

QLD
05-09-2002, 02:14 AM
I'm npt promoting it until I get paid for it. If It is good, then the closest I will come is to suggest someone see it. I don't care how much money it makes, as long as it is good.

LTBasker
05-09-2002, 02:23 AM
<---------<<<

Actually I'm not "promoting" directly, I just chose to have a Clone helmet instead of a Stormtrooper on my avatar since...E2 is coming out soon. :D

I think E2 might have a chance to get into the billions, but if it doesn't then oh well.

CooLJoE
05-09-2002, 04:32 AM
Its not gonna beat Spiderman for opening weekend sales. Thats my opinion.

EP1 put off enough people that some just won't come back to see EP2 until they hear a good review. I think after opening weekend/days more and more will come to see it.

As for promoting it, I buy my figs and get my tickets. I'm not promoting something for GL when it doesn't even need it.

InsaneJediGirl
05-09-2002, 08:03 AM
I'm not promoting AOTC...just supporting it(Avatar&Quotes).Until I see money coming my way encouraging me to promote..I wont.Its not my job:D

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Well I promote it heavily. SW has been my passion for 25 years. It's the reason I do what I do for a living. I have only heard great reviews about EPII and from what I've seen of the previews and read online or in magazine/newspapers, it's going to do well. I don't think it will beat Spidey's open but I do think it will beat him in overall domestic and definitely in worldwide ticket sales.

As to how I promote it...., If I'm in a store such as Wal*Mart, Target and so on , and I see someone pass by and make a comment about the toys or the movie as I am looking at the toys, I casually start up a conversation about how this one is getting great reviews and is nothing like EPI and that it more closely harkens back to the classic trilogy. Some people ask me questions and if they don't mind spoilers I answer them. Another way to promote EPII is by the way I shop for toys. If I see a hard to find fig that was in the back of others or hidden, I move it too the front. this way even casual passersby will see the plethora of diverse characters and may want to see what all the hubbub is about. They clearly see there are more NEW jedi and there is BOBA Fett (really Jango) but they don't know that yet or may figure it out by reading the card.

At any rate, I owe alot to George for bringing these movies into the popular culture. Anytime I need a release from "reality" I go to SW.

Promote or don't promote as you wish. for me SW will always be a part of who I am not just some thing I like or collect

InsaneJediGirl
05-09-2002, 09:32 AM
You see people on the Toy isle?Its always filled with Hotwheels collectors when I go,and they are more worried about finding a 88 cent car before striking up a convo with other collectors.To them I say this --->:p

Sal,I didnt think talking about how cool the movie was(or is) classifies as promoting it heavily...I could see if you went around with a sign around your neck with the words "See Attack Of the Clones-Its So Gonzo(That the word?)"Now thats promoting a film:D

JEDIpartner
05-09-2002, 09:36 AM
The fact that I'm alive, walking around and people know I'm a STAR WARS fan is more than enough promotion! I'm EVERYONE'S living reminder that the film is coming out... and that's even when I say nothing about it at all!!! :D ;)

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 09:58 AM
Alright so you want to know how I am promoting it heavily here goes (BTW there are several people can back this up to varying degrees) (they only know as muc as I've told them) For the past 4 1/2 months I have been designing an 8 1/2 ft long super star destroyer model. I was to be interviewed by a local tv station. They were going to come out to my place and take some shots of the model thus far and have a little interview with me that was to culminate in my showing up in costume on opening day for the movie. Unfortunately I got into a car accident in March and have not been able to start building. The design is set and most of the materials are bought, but without a model to show for it I called up the station and let them know. (I knew this would get my story pulled because they wanted to have something physical to show the viewers but I felt it was my responsibilty to tell them). I do however plan on starting construction in June as soon as my physical therapy is over with and I am cleared by my doctor. This plan has been kept in secret to the Moderators and a few select members that I thought I could trust (and luckily that has proven true). You may ask how this would help promote the movie. I say that the interview would bring a real world value to it and more awareness of the picture as well as others would see the commitment that I have for SW.

I will post pics as available, but first I have to fix a flooding problem in my garage as this is where I will be building it for the next year (yes I plan on taking at least another full year to complete it) I only have time on the weekends to do it.

Has this answered your question?

jedi master sal
05-09-2002, 10:03 AM
as a side note, I am building this model for myself (actually there will be two, the first a friend is financing and helping me to build) the second one is for me. not for any other reason than that I can and that it will be cool to have a "two" of a kind piece.

aikman
05-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Ya dont need to promote anything.
Lucas doesnt want or need our help.
See the movie, if you like it, word of mouth is good...

I liked spidey myself but it certainly had its flaws, as Im sure star wars will too...

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2002, 09:45 PM
Help promote EP2? Heck I've spent what, about $150-200 on EP2 stuff all ready. I think I've done my part. If G.Lu. wants me to help promote his flick even more he can shell out some of that gold he has buried under Skywalker Ranch and I'll parade naked up and down Hollywood Blvd. with Star and Wars on each butt cheek.

On second thought that would probably turn people off from the movie. Never mind. :D

Forhekset
05-09-2002, 09:54 PM
I think the fact that when you walk into my office at work you're almost instantly assaulted by some sort of Star Wars paraphenilia is promotion enough for my part. Like M.C., I've already spent a buttload of money on merchandise ;)

It's odd really...people around my workplace who aren't even really into SW (or collecting anything, for that matter) stop by my office on a daily basis just to see if I've gotten any new figures and such. I need to invest in some figure stands pretty soon cuz people keep wanting to touch everything and pick stuff up, and they usually can't without knocking over at least 10 figs in the process.