PDA

View Full Version : Saw Massiff for the first time at Wal-Mart... Odd. I didn't see ANY articulation...

Dexter
05-08-2002, 09:46 PM
Saw Massiff at Wal-Mart for the first time today. The only "must-buy" figure from the set for me is Mace Windu, who I seem to perpetually be missing, so I passed on Massiff. What looked odd to me is that Massiff doesn't seem to have ANY articulation. At all.

It is a good sculpt and I like it and will probably get it eventually... but if this thing doesn't have any articulation--WHY? Did Hasbro run out of time to design this thing and just said "Awwww... just send it out as a statue!" or what?

The Geonosian Warrior looked interesting too... but I still think they could've worked harder on Massiff... :o

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 12:11 AM
They're pretty stiff, granted. And Mace Windu, although I'm a huge Sam fan, has his eyes shut. This disturbs me.

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 01:43 AM
I didn't really figure the Massif would have any articulation. I still want him though.

QLD
05-09-2002, 02:15 AM
How much articulation does it need? It's a dog-like thing

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 04:11 AM
Maybe his legs could move and his head can twist; but even with all that it would be pretty useless except for putting him in funny poses. For some reason toy companies have never done too well with animal articulation.

manji
05-09-2002, 08:06 AM
His jaw opens, so I suppose that's a point of articulation.

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 10:41 AM
After thinking a bit, what kind of articulation does it need? I mean, unless you're planning to play with them by moving all four legs or whatever when you "run" them, it's kind of pointless... It's got enough for a diorama (the jaw)

evenflow
05-09-2002, 11:00 AM
If i could find them, i would buy all of them.

JEDIpartner
05-09-2002, 02:29 PM
They're here in Ohio... apparently. Jedi Drew said that he ran across a few somewhere in the Cleveland area. I agree... even though I love more articulation and fewer "action frozen" poses, this one really doesn't need it. It doesn't hold a rifle or anything.

Jargo
05-09-2002, 03:54 PM
Oh you lucky lucky b******s! I wish we got the same distibution timetable over here. I'm itching to get my hands on the Massif and Geonosian I accepted the fact that he didn't have articulation in lieu of the fact that he's a superior sculpt. His harness is a seperate piece right? So he's customisable right? And now I learn he has an opening jaw I'm ecstatic! How cool is that in such a tiny beasty? Even the flamin' Fambaa doesn't have that.

Top and bottom, I'd take the Massif over that useless Mace figure any day. If I could find it that is............

Dar' Argol
05-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
Saw Massiff at Wal-Mart for the first time today. The only "must-buy" figure from the set for me is Mace Windu, who I seem to perpetually be missing, so I passed on Massiff.

Unless I am wrong(and sometimes I am) Mace is not in the Orn Free Taa wave, He's in the Bespin wave. So that would explain why he was "missing". As far as I know, my store(WM) has not gotton the Bespin wave in yet, although I have heard of it just south of me.

2-1B
05-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Jaw articulation sounds teriffic!
Besides, there's still an articulated Geonosian, right? So the whole package isn't a statue. If the critter was larger, then there would be demand for movable legs but I'm fine with this. :)

He's the only new one I didn't find today, he will present a challenge. But Orn Free Ta will occupy my attention for some time! :D