PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Findings!!!

DarthJdog
05-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Hopefully we can all get our hands on the new Waves. San Diego has yet to get the new figures.... the Bespin wave and the new wave with Orn Free taa, Qui gon, Endor Rebel Soldier, and Massif w/Geonosian... Has anyone seen these figures aroun San Diego??? help !!! :eek:

I have found everything else though at the Poway Target and Wal mart though. The TRU's around where i live (Mira mesa, Escondido) seem to have nothing. But today i saw lots of Royal guards, Luminaras, and Taun we's at wal mart (poway).

DarthJdog
05-24-2002, 04:01 PM
Anyone find Chewie, Han, or the new Obi wan??? Let me know San Diegans!!

DarthJdog
05-29-2002, 01:39 AM
Found Djas Puhr and Chancellor Palpatine again! :) woo hoo... hopefully this continues in the mere future. If anyone is looking for the Chewie, Han, or Obi Wan (Cloak) figures, you are not the only ones... I have not seen them around anywhere.... Im guessing the will be out by June 5th or 6th.... The Nexu and Deluxe Anakin have not been seen either around here in San Diego... Tell me if you San Diegans have seen those around.... again these collectibles

-Nexu
-Anakin (deluxe)
-Han
-Obi Wan (Cloak)
-Chewie (Cloud City)

Tycho
05-31-2002, 03:38 PM
See my post on Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan.

KayBee - Grossmont Center, 1st sighting. I bought Obi-Wan.

Here's a review I'm reposting since this forum looks like a geography lesson and not product news...

Today I was at KayBee for the 12" Clone Troopers (no luck) but a UPS guy comes in with one package for the manager: a fresh case Collection One, Wave Four. Inside:

1 Han
1 Chewie/3PO
2 Obi-Wan pilots
2 Darths
2 Lukes (painted, non-bloody, magnet or plain plastic stump - whichever)
2 Jangos (Final Battle)
2 Mace Windus

A guy from JediNet is local here and he got the Han & Chewie w. 1 Obi-Wan. I got the other Obi-Wan since I won't be needing any Hans (have an extra commtech one already) or Chewies (have 2 extra ones in chains and 1 extra as mechanic (still the best Chewie).

Obi-Wan's undertunic is NOT softgoods. It appears to be the identical figure that comes with the Coruscant Droid! The outer brown cloak is soft fabric of course. It looks like the stuff vintage Kenner Jedi Luke's cloak was made from - which is more delicate, though still superior to the robes they used in the E1 accessory packs. Anyway, Obi-Wan appeared at first glance to only be a new head sculpt. The flight headset is molded on and NOT removeable, severely limiting this figure to only be delegated for the Jedi Starfighter. I recommend not opening this figure, as KayBee may carry an exclusive JediStarfighter that could come with a better Obi-Wan pilot figure, and if we're really lucky, the Delta-7's hyperdrive engine apparatus.

Chewbacca is nothing special. His hands are molded with a super-small grip so he looks like he won't let that little Imperial blaster slide out of his hands. 3PO is supposed to light up (his eyes) or something. Maybe he talks. Don't know. This happens when you stick his head into place on his body. Comes with a cargo net to carry him around in. This is NOT molded onto Chewbacca (fortunately). But our 3rd version of Chewbacca in less than 2 years does not top the Mechanic Chewie in quality, though the playability might be fun for those for which the RL Threepio stuffed on the back of any other Chewie doesn't satisfy. Note I have nothing against Chewbacca who was my first favorite Star Wars character, one of my first 3 action figures, and still has a special place in this fan's heart. It just wasn't necessary for a figure right now IMO.

Han Solo is actually pretty impressive. Brown pants with yellow piping, this one's from the Endor Bunker scene. There is no trench coat, cloth or otherwise. He comes with the least impressive accessories and features a quick draw action that might be similar to Zam's or Padme's. I couldn't tell you if you can put both his arms down and pose them that way indefinitely or if Han will only dance with Amidala. The gun goes in the holster of course, and the head sculpt is nice - conditionally. It is a nice artist's representation of Han Solo, but it does not look like Harrison Ford portraying Han Solo. Let that part be clear. But while I don't need this figure, I think people will like him. Still, not a star of AOTC, and not boasting electronic droid features, Han will become the pegwarmer of the group most likely, as kids will balk on him more than they would on "the giant furry alien with C-3PO." Just kidding. Kids are smarter than that and possibly as into the Classics as we are, uh .... I hope.

Overall, this wave is not too useful and not too impressive, but not bad either. I guess it's just plain and "nice."

DarthJdog
06-01-2002, 12:12 AM
im going hunting tomorrow up north at the kaybee and TRU in esco to see if i find anything new....

Sean the Hutt
06-01-2002, 03:14 AM
we had rebel soldier and luke dv bespin wave...no Genosians w/ mastifs though...Escondido out!

Tycho
06-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Sean, just FYI:

Endor Rebel only ships in 2 cases:

w. Orm Fre Taa

Massif & Geonosian

Qui-Gon Jinn

OR

w. Palpatine

Djas Puhr

It's all been found out here between Wal*Mart and TRU.

DarthJdog
06-06-2002, 02:59 PM
nothin new in san diego, just found the price cuts everywhere!

DarthJdog
06-10-2002, 11:11 AM
Found something finally new!!! The new Deluxes are out in San Diego, just hit your local star wars hunt store to see if there are any. Let me warn you, the packaging on lots of them (MOSTLY ALL) are C7-C8 condition, it is extremely difficult to find a mint package. The cards are so flimsy and when they come straight from the box, it doesn't even package mint. I found an Anakin (Mint) but the Nexu i found was only a C-9. Out of 10 nexus, none of them were C10. Out of 10 Anakins, there were 2 that were C10. Happy hunting and good luck getting those Deluxes in San Diego. The location of these figures are a mystery. Why am I not telling you?, because its less competition finding those figs for me. But I am not a scalper, just a collector. Its not TRU, or KB. Hmmmmmmm it has to be either Target, Kmart, or Wal-Mart. Choose wisely....

Tycho
06-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Most Wal*Marts have these, plus a ton of the Massif / Orn Free Taa wave.

padmedownplease
06-11-2002, 10:09 PM
hey people in san diego,
i was able to find 4 12 inch jango fetts at kmart in spring valley. i bought 2 of them, one for me and for my friend who is also a collector. that was last sunday. there is still one left there just sitting on the shelf! i checked today! nobody thinks to look at this kmart just because of the location.

DarthJdog
06-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Yeah, those 12 inch jango fetts are impossible to find, its either hit or miss. But from an anonymous, as well as trustworthy source, i was able to get one for 24.99. Thank the lord!

oh yeah, they are 39.99 retail at TRU, but if you had the Kmart ad, it was 32.99 and could of just put it on rain check
-------------------------------

DarthJdog
06-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing, I am having trouble coming across the new

Collection 1 Wave 4 figs:

2x- Jango fett FB's
2x- Darth Vader BD
2x-Luke BD
2x-Mace Windu GR
2x-Obi Wan Kenobi (Jedi Starfighter Pilot)
1x-Han Solo Endor Raid
1x-Chewbacca

Every morning i check WAL-MART and target and about every other day they get lots of Collection 2 WAVE 4 (Orn free/Massif) wave and the Collection 1 WAVE 3 (Bespin Wave), yet they really havent been getting the Djas Puhr/Chancellor Palpatine or Chew/Han/Obi wan wave. I have seen Djas and Palp at a TRU in esco and at WAL-MART but i have yet to see the Chew, Han, and Obi in person. Im hoping they would show up tomorrow or thursday at a local store.... wish me luck!

Happy Hunting!

DarthJdog
06-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Hasbro is evil for making it so hard to get our hands on the new Figs... 1 han, 1 Chew!!!! That is soooooo horrrrible

padmedownplease
06-11-2002, 11:06 PM
the only figures im really looking for now are supreme chancellor palpatine and massif w/geonosian warrior. my friend was able to get me orn free ta and anakin hanger duel yesterday.

Tycho
06-12-2002, 02:54 AM
The Official Fan Club has the Massif for $5.99. You don't have to be a member. www.wizards.starwars.com I think....

Otherwise, try Wal*Mart Santee. They did not have Palpatine, but the Massif ships with Orn Free Taa and the Endor Soldier and Qui-Gon as well.

Djas Puhr ships with Palpatine and more Massifs.

But Wal*Mart Santee had the Nexu (cat beast that growls) and the Anakin Deluxe (with slice-N-dice Geonosian).

DarthJdog
06-12-2002, 11:28 AM
I never knew that the massif's shipped with Palp and Djas Puhr...

I thought the assortment was Djas, Palp, Endor, Dexter, Geonosian Warrior, and Qui gon jinn.

I think this assortment was Collection 2 Wave 5

DarthJdog
06-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Oh yeah i forgot to add... that assortment was 2 of each figure..

2x- Djas Puhr
2x- Chancellor Palpatine
2x- Qui gon Jinn
2x- Geonosian Warrior
2x- Endor Rebel Soldier
2x- Dexter Jettster

Tycho
06-12-2002, 02:16 PM
I might be mistaken. The massifs could have been left over from the other case assortment. My friend got those figures for me originally, and when I finally saw cases opened of them, I didn't pay attention to what else was in the box.

DarthJdog
06-12-2002, 07:47 PM
I am really hunting down the Chewie, Han, and Obi Wan... I'm down but not burnt out! I will!! i will find these figures before friday!.. hopefully =\. Hehehe, anyways, Things that i found today at Target and Wal Mart

Target (Poway)
-Dooku wave, couple yodas, and Anakin hanger duels...
-Bespin Wave, same ol' Metal peg luke.. but geeeeez, I get so excited when i see one and then the excitement dies once i see there is no BLOODY wrist. Oh well...

Wal-Mart (Poway)
-I have to tell you that they hit this WAL MART pretty hard.. i mean hardcore because last week there was nothing. They even took half the pegs off because there was nothin left. But as of last weekend. Its been great. Except for today and yesterday. But hopefully we will see more mystery stuff pop out of nowhere like last saturday. I found a mole padme, and a couple New Deluxe this week. Im hoping to see the Palp wave and Chewie Wave realllllllllllllly sooon. As in tomorrow or friday or Saturday soon.

Happy Hunting San Diegans!

DarthJdog
06-13-2002, 08:55 AM
I went to WAL MART today and was i excited to walk in. The lady last night told me there were 2 unopened boxes waiting in the back. They were Collection 1 Wave 4 Ratio 3. I said, YES! Finally the Chewie, Han, and Obi Wan will be in my hands. But then again, she opened them this morning when she asked if I wanted to check them out, and I found out there was nothing in there except the same old Bespin Wave figures. The only thing new in the box was the Variation on Jango Fett Final Battle. The Sticker is placed different. Its on the top instead of the botom and the fireball is facing up, not down. Pretty cool variant, i bought it.

But all in all, today was pretty disappointing, I still have to check target, but they are pretty lame about there figures too. They seem to have so much damage done to the cards.

grrrrrrrrrr.... so which ratio comes with chewie, han, and obi?
Because right now there are 3 assortments i know of but dont know the right one.. Collection 1 Wave 4 ratio 3 is just the Bespin Wave. Collection 1 Wave 4 ratio (?) is with couple clone troopers, bespin wave, and 1 han solo, and Collection 1 Wave 4 ratio (?) is with Chewie, Han, and Obi.

Does anyone out there no the ratio #?

Tycho
06-13-2002, 08:40 PM
Not sure. Just that it's Col 1 Wave 4. There was some numbers .8775 or something close to that on the box I saw at KayBee's. That I do recall.

How about the Acklay monster, guys? Any sightings?

DarthJdog
06-16-2002, 01:28 AM
No sightings of the Acklay... So whats up with this June 17th thing eh? Is Ki Adi Mundi actually comin out then? I am still skeptical abou this because they do not even have carded pictures of it yet. Anyways, if you are wondering where i found this information, i saw it at the Saga forums. But the real source is Starwars.com... They are reallllllllllllyyyyyyyy good at keeping Star Wars release dates and New possible figs. a secret.

Im going to check wal mart tomorrow. I need 2 of everything. So i need another Palp and Djas. I also havent found the new Coll.1 Wave 4 figs...i still need to pick up Chew and Obi (I got a Han!! =). After I hunt these figures down and possibly the acklay, i think i will be pretty burnt out. Hasbro is releasing too many figures at such a short time, im getting broke!!! hehehe... Maybe because im a completist. But yeah, hopefully i can take a break after coming across these figures.

DarthJdog
06-19-2002, 05:47 PM
Palp and Djas are showing up folks... get them while they last!

DarthJdog
06-19-2002, 05:58 PM
actually, they have been already out, but they are hitten hard at the stores

DarthJdog
06-20-2002, 02:44 PM
Today was a big day. I picked up a lot today. I checked wal mart today and i picked up alll the Chewbacca, obi wan, and Han Solo wave. Collection 1 wave 4. It was like Heaven walking into that store. They had 13 chewbaccas, 13 Han solos, and 26 obi wans! I work at 6:30 but i was late to work checking out all the toys. 13 cases of Collection 1 Wave 4. I got hmmm 4 Chewbaccas, 4 Hans, and 4 Obi Wans because my friends have been looking for these. I kept two for myself and i traded the others for some other figures i was looking for. There were a few variants today as well but i could not afford everything. I spent about 60 dollars today and i was broke after i walked outta there. I saw the Jango Fett FB error without his head. It was rolling around the package LOL. I also saw the Darth Vader Variant (The one where his left hand looks like hes begging for money, turned). The last variant that i saw was the luke w/ Flesh hand. Ohh yeah the Jango Fetts fireballs were facing up as well instead of down. All in all, when the house takes you, you spend all the time in the world trying to find figures and end up with nothing but when you get that BIG FIND, you end up taking the house!!! hahaha (Oceans 11).

DarthJdog
06-20-2002, 06:15 PM
Did i mention that most of the figures had damaged cards! it errks me so much when i see a perfectly good figure go bad cause of shipping... grrrrrrrr

When the house takes you, you spend all the time in the world trying to find figures and end up with nothing... But when you HIT IT BIG AND FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR at the house, you end up taking the house!

Tycho
06-20-2002, 06:42 PM
I didn't go out. Last night I had plans with a friend and went out to P.B. Bar & Grill for comedy night and dinner. I know she doesn't care for SW collecting so I didn't want to deal with it today.

Nevertheless, my friends called me at 6 and 7 am to tell me these figures were out and shipping.

I normally would have gone and got them for my other pals, but none of us are too excited about this wave. All I wanted was the 1 pilot Obi-Wan for my starfighter.

I have to go to Wal*Mart for some laundry detergeant and dishwasher solution. If there's anything around I'll pick some Chewie's up for the group. I could honestly care less about this stuff. I'm waiting for the Acklay to ship out here.

DarthJdog
06-20-2002, 06:44 PM
So which figures are you interested to find in the future in this area? Are you looking forward to find the Ki Adi, Darth Maul, Deluxe Yoda, Target Exclusives, the new 12 inches???? My next hunt is the Acklay... im comin, but i think im going to take another break..

Tycho
06-20-2002, 07:51 PM
2 Acklays most likely (unless it's too big for a second scene I want to make)

1 Padme pilot
4 Ki Adi Mundis*
4 Teemto Pegules
5 Anakin Tatooines*
2 Ephont Mons*

1 12" Dooku*
2 12" Super Battle Droids*
0- 1 (as in maybe 12" Zam)

1 electronic 12" Jango
1 electronic 12" Obi-Wan

0 (zero) Target Accessory Packs (maybe I'll get the battle droid)
1 Deluxe Yoda*
3 Deluxe C-3PO's*

* Looking forward to for various reasons.

I ordered 4 Gunships from Walmart.com and 1 Arena Playset. I may buy a second Arena, but want to see it first.

DarthJdog
06-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Ackaly found at Aero Drive WAL-MART and in the WAL-MART in Poway

there are over a dozen left.... i think they sell for 14.96. Not bad for such a big monster..hehe

DarthJdog
06-21-2002, 08:15 PM
Ki Adi should be showing up prettttttttyyyyyyy soooooonn people!! Keep your eyes out for the look out! This week has been a blast! Keep it up hasbro, send us your new figurines!

Tycho
06-21-2002, 10:43 PM
I got the Acklay at Aero today, like around 5pm. There's still about 4-5 on the top shelf, but you have to ask an employee to get a ladder if you want them.

Mine's hard to pose. I think either some joints are glued when they should swivel, or ...I don't know. It sucks that the head doesn't turn, raise or lower. But I like the size and sculpt detail on this thing!

Creepy!

DarthJdog
06-21-2002, 11:54 PM
Yeah, the detailing on the Acklay is nice, its a piece that is well proportioned! I'm going back to WAL-MART tomorrow to see if anything new pops up... Ki Adi should be here around June/July, so im guessing in the next week or so he should be showing up in the east coast, spotted, but not shipped to every county. I think its going to show up like how you (tycho) found the Col. 1 wave 4. You spotted it waaay earlier than when it started showing up everywhere. It took about 2 more weeks before they started shipping more out.

DarthJdog
06-27-2002, 10:23 AM
I got the unleashed figures today. I found the darth maul and the Jango fett at WAL-MART. I saw the tag where they were sitting on and it said 9.96 but i was mistaken because when i went to the register it rang up to be 32. dollars :( . I told the wal-mart lady to come with me and check out the 9.96 tag. It said "SW UNLEASHED GM" 9.96. So she took the tags with her and rang it up for 9.96... I got them both for 20 dollars. I saved 10 bucks. But as I was on my way to work i realized that right next to the unleased figures was the UNLEASHED board game. And i know that it was 9.96 because my cousin bought it there the other day. LOL i was laughing at myself and i could not believe what i have done. I didn't mean to rip wal-mart off like that:( :eek: . I love the store too much :sur:( i dont think i will return them for the original price though). Now i feel like somethng bad is going to happen to me. Maybe GOd will punish me and make me suffer by giving me bad luck for the rest of my hunting career (im being sarcastic) !!! :sur:

Tycho
06-27-2002, 12:29 PM
If you gave me $10.oo would that help you feel better? :D

Smoothe moves!

DarthJdog
06-27-2002, 12:43 PM
hehehe, that would be nice, but i would rather spend the 10 dollars on 2 more STAR WARS FIGURES!!! :) (4.77 at WAL-MART, cant beat that!)

DarthJdog
06-28-2002, 08:51 AM
12" jangos all over poway wal-mart if you still need it ( i got mine a month ago or so)...Its like they have been getting everything BUT the 3 3/4 inch figures this past week. They had the Acklay,Unleashed, New deluxes, but no new figures...But i did see a Jango Fett FB with his head rolling around in the package

Tycho
06-28-2002, 01:44 PM
Not the Yoda and C-3PO deluxes?

I still need those and they're not released yet, so far as I know.

DarthJdog
06-28-2002, 02:38 PM
no not those Deluxes... The Anakin and Nexu deluxes.... Sorry if I got your hopes up Tycho... haha i still think these deluxes are relatively "New" (even though i got them 2 weeks ago). But I am looking forward to finding the yoda and 3p0 deluxes, as well as the 12 inch dooku. I want it sooo bad so i can put it up next to my 12 inch Darth Maul! :) Im waiting for the new unleashed figures (Anakin, Darth Vader) those should coming in pretty soon right? Hopefully i can get those along with the ki adi mundi wave.

Tycho
06-28-2002, 03:46 PM
I don't really think Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus is a true Sith.

Standing him next to Maul? hmmmmm.

I think it more likely Dooku is a Jedi infiltrator using unorthodox methods to destroy the Sith, and unbeknownst to him, becoming one in the process.

Poor Dooku. He's the tragic villain. But yes, a very detailed nice 12" figure as well.

DarthJdog
06-30-2002, 02:49 PM
i found at least 20 chews, 20 obi's, 20 hans and even more amounts of the bespin wave at wal-mart... along with the 12 inch jango, a couple yodas, dookus, unleashed figures, acklays, and the deluxe anakin and nexus.... too much to handle.. i hit it big again.. nothing new though ... im taking a break from this... later

DarthJdog
07-02-2002, 06:59 PM
nothin new but some legos... =\

DarthJdog
07-10-2002, 12:25 PM
All the old stuff is pegwarming in san diego.... palp wave, and obi pilot wave are all over the place...and they need to clearance off the old figures. Those Zam Wessels are hoggin up the pegs. I haven't even found a Obi-wan Coruscant Chase in a while. LOL i think they stopped producing that figure. RIght now he is harder to find then Chew, or Djas Puhr. hopefully i will see Ki Adi and Darth Maul Waves soon...