PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett

PloKoon2385
01-09-2002, 09:13 PM
I know this is more of an Ep. III question, but what will he do, if he is in, Episode III? I mean right now he's a kid. So will he seek revenge for the death of Jango? Will he just become a normal Bounty Hunter? What do you think?:confused:

Fulit
01-09-2002, 09:48 PM
Probably becomes a bounty hunter hired by Palpatine/Sidious to assassinate Jedi, esp. Padawans, hence the braids he wears over his shoulder. I know they were originally said to be Wookie pelts, but you know they'll probably change it.

Co Jo-Da
01-09-2002, 11:10 PM
Look at the Death of Mace thread...

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 09:13 AM
I see his role as a larger one with a little more screen time than he had in the OT, but I STILL feel that a lot of what he is doing will happen off-screen.

Co Jo-Da
01-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Attack of the Clones is rumored to end with only 4 Council Members left (Mace Windu, Yoda, Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi). From here I think Palpatine will put out a hit for the remaining Jedi Masters and every Bounty Hunter in the galaxy will take the challenge. Boba Fett will take the time to single out Mace and avenge his fathers death. Mace might be the only Jedi Master to fall to a Bounty Hunter, leaving the Emperor's new right hand (Anakin) to crash what is left...

Sounds really good to me...

Rollo Tomassi
01-19-2002, 01:28 PM
I think Boba Fett will primarily be intertwined with mace Windu's demise. I personally don't think he will make the killing stroke (See Mace Windu's Death thread) but most of his scenes will revolve around a confrontation with Mace...

Jargo
01-19-2002, 02:30 PM
yeah, well he's gotta do something in the movies to justify his incomprehensible fan following. he's surely got to do something to let us see that he can actually do more than fly a ship and miss everything he shoots at.

I can see palpatine hiring him if he hired jango before him. kinda like a tradesman sort of thing "well, his father did okay so he must be good too..." Unless he realy isn't any good and misses mace by a mile leaving Anakin to finish the job properly.

I actually think he vaporises Mace and any other Jedi he can find. Anakin/Vader has to pull him off of the job because he's gone crazy with vengeance and only Anakin is allowed to go crazy with cold vengeance being the fallen hero of the movie.
If Boba tracks and vaporises mace, then this is how Vader knows who to call on in ESB for superior tracking skills and why he says "no disintegrations".

But probably George will just have him stand around looking mean and moody and not doing very much like he does with all the characters we really want to see do stuff. Only george concentrates on the useless characters like Padme who don't really serve any purpose after a wee while. With any luck padme will be kidnapped by Boba in EP3 and we won't see much of her. :)

Tycho
01-23-2002, 04:26 AM
I am adding to the Mace's Death Thread some specific information that ties Zam Wessel into Boba Fett's story. She was not his mother, but...

Darth Ovori
01-25-2002, 10:46 AM
The brown cloak Boba carries in Jedi and Empire could well be that one of Mace... ???

Tycho
01-25-2002, 12:08 PM
Good thought. Maybe.

We do believe Mace gives himself to the Force, versus a 16-18 year old slaying a Jedi Master. If that happens, Mace "disintegrates." The robes would be all that's left.

However, some figures of Fett have a stripe on the bottom of the cloak. More similar to Qui-Gon's poncho, (or Luke's for that matter). Maybe the poncho is similar to the one Anakin wears on the freighter? Maybe Mace wears a disguise?

Keep in mind that Hasbro has not always been authentic, and from movie to movie, depending upon prop and costume research, there might be variations in Jeremy Bulloch's actual costume (there were obvious ones in between ESB and ROTJ).

For all we know it could be his father's favorite bathrobe. But in keeping with Fett's character, he seems to wear trophies taken from his blood-feud kills.

You could definitely be on to something. Good thinking.

Rollo Tomassi
01-26-2002, 11:40 AM
Whoa. De ja vu.

Seriously though. Seeing Fett in the Employ of Palpatine's New Order will be symbolic of having the once good Republic fall to "the dark side" by hiring it's former adversaries to carry out it's evil machinations. including hunting down and destroying the Jedi.

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 01:54 PM
" “You get to understand the relentlessness that Boba has,” McCallum says. "In ‘Episode III,’ you’ll understand why he’s so obsessed with destroying any part of the Skywalker family."

Rest of the Article,

http://specialsections.nypost.com/news/nypost/moviepreview/20020509/p54_55.asp

What's Anakin do to Boba in Ep III that makes him hate the Skywalker family?

And does Boba not know that Anakin is Vader in the OT?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
05-09-2002, 07:37 PM
I saw that to. I don't think Anakin does a thing to Boba during Ep2. Who knows what Rick has been smoking?

hamsterboy
05-10-2002, 01:11 AM
If he's obsessed with the Skywalker family,why doesn't he do something about Luke?

MichaelV103
05-10-2002, 01:34 PM
I just finished the book of AOTC and Anakin doesnt do anything to Boba, but Mace Windu chops off Jangos head with his lightsabre in the areana fight. Also according to a printed timeline on the inside cover of the lates chapter in the Yuuzhan Vong story, Episode 3 takes place only 2 years after AOTC, so Boba would be only about 12.

2-1B
05-11-2002, 12:48 AM
:rolleyes: Ahh Ricky? How do you define "obsessed"? Obsessed as in taking a shot at Luke to protect his bounty?

:confused:

Hey, how about that rumor that Hugh Jackman was going to play Boba in E3? :D

Jek Porky 2002
06-09-2002, 08:08 AM
If Boba Fett is in Episode III will he be played by Temura Morrison or someone else, and also his voice has got to change somewhere between now and Episode IV from New Zealandic to American.

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 08:29 AM
If not Daniel Logan, then a slightly older teenager (15-16). Or they could leave him in the armor for the entire time he's in the film (which would only be 5-10 minutes onscreen anyway).

chris
06-09-2002, 04:45 PM
i dont think hell be as old as Temura Morrison, but Daniel Logan may not fit the part either. Just make him all CGI

LTBasker
06-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by chris
i dont think hell be as old as Temura Morrison, but Daniel Logan may not fit the part either. Just make him all CGI

Mesa Boba Binks! Fettsies no liken Skywalkas! Hesa no goody to mesa dead.