PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts on AOTC.

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
This comes from www.theforce.net

Random Thoughts on Attack of the Clones
Thu, May 09, 02 11:12:20 AM EDT

Here are a few random thoughts about the film. They're all spoilers, so avoid them!

The opening scene of the film pans up rather than the typical pan down of all the other movies. You then see Coruscant and dozens of tiny ships flying against the starfield.
In the explosion of Padme's ship, one of the Naboo fighters is knocked off the platform and falls into the clouds.

The red Royal Guards are barely seen. They're only in the background and you'd miss them if you weren't looking.

Zam Wesell actually changes TWICE in the film. Once during the chase and once during her death.

Billboards and ads in Coruscant feature aurebesh font. How long till someone translates them?

There was a suprising amount of skin shown in the Outlander Club considering it's a PG movie. Yes, a thong clad butt jumps out of the crowd at you during the film, as noted by most of the red blooded males in the audience. The club seems more like a sports bar than anything with a droid version of football on big TVs.

Droids are shown replacing the glass in Padme's apartment which Obi-Wan jumped through.

No ship is shown going into hyperspace from the pilot's view. We only see ships departing and arriving. I guess that makes the hyperspace shot in ANH special.

There were strange pronunciations of the names in the film. Dooku is consistently pronounced "doo-koo" rather than "dough-koo". Queen Jamilla is pronounced "jam-ill-uh" rather than "jam-ee-ya" (like a Spanish pronunciation).

Anakin trying to ride both the shaak and the reek looked pretty bad. Very CG.

Obi-Wan is shown disconnecting from the starfighter hyperspace ring on both Geonosis and Kamino.

C-3PO calls Anakin "my Maker" when he sees him for the first time. Thus, he's thanking Darth Vader when he says, "Thank the Maker!" Threepio is also able to move his knees in this film.

R2-D2 is shown going up stairs on Naboo. The crowd cheered when they saw him fly with his rockets.

It was amazing to see the Yoda and the other Jedi take command of the clone troopers in the film. Yoda directly commanded the lead clone trooper who has yellow decorations. There's also a pilot clone trooper who does not have the fin on his helmet. It's rounded like an AT-AT drivers. There's also a tank with a massive gun on it that looks like something from a Godzilla movie.

The superbattledroids are so strong and single minded that they smash other battledroids out of their way to get to the Jedi.

Dooku's speeder is suprisingly fast. He outruns the Gunships and the Geonosian Fighters.

When Yoda first appears Dooku hurls objects at him with the Force. Then he tries lightining. After that fails they resort to lightsabers. Yoda's appearance brought big time cheers from the crowd. Mace Windu's did too.

2-1B
05-09-2002, 03:18 PM
Zam Wesell actually changes TWICE in the film. Once during the chase and once during her death.

Wonderful !
It's in the novel but I wasn't sure if it would make the film. :cool:

Beast
05-09-2002, 03:25 PM
It confirms the fact that there are CloneTroopers without fins on their helmets as well. And it says they are pilots, but the yellow ones have fins on their helmets. And the only helmets that don't have fins from the pictures we have seen are the blue ones. Which pretty much confirms the blue ones to be pilots, matching the Battle Droids again, as I originally thought. But the Incredible Cross section book shows the yellow ones as pilots? This is getting really confusing. :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Maybe one's a Pilot and the other is a Co-Pilot?

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Or maybe they're Pilots for different vehicles/ships?

One could be an AT-TE Pilot and the other a Gunship Pilot.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 03:40 PM
Perhaps there are also vehicle commanders, and ground commanders.

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 06:24 PM
More Random Thoughts from www.theforce.net

Among the kids in the Bear Clan, there a young alien of the same race as Shaak Ti.

New Jedi Master Coleman Trebor is blasted by Jango Fett and shown falling over the balcony at the Arena.

Beru serves Anakin and Padme blue milk. It does a body good.

Watto is shown with flies buzzing around him in Mos Espa. He's more disgusting than he was in Episode I.

R5-D4 was not see at Watto's shop, but I'm sure he's somewhere around.

Dexter scratches his butt while hugging Obi-Wan. Four hands come in useful.

Hermione Bagwa has no lines in the film.

Kit Fitso force slams C-3PO in the film finally diabling him. He gets a big grin on his face after doing it.

I didn't see N'Sync at all. If they're there, they're not noticable.

When Shmi dies, she does kind of a dramatic flop that didn't look so good.

The new tanks with the giant guns fire a continuous laser beam to take out the Federation Core Ship. Very cool.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid

Watto is shown with flies buzzing around him in Mos Espa. He's more disgusting than he was in Episode I.

Since when was he disgusting in Episode 1? I mean yeah, he's not exactly attractive on a human scale or something, but is he more or less disgusting than say, Sebulba? Kind of an odd "random thought":rolleyes:

Jargo
05-09-2002, 08:24 PM
Hmmm, conflicting reports all round. I read one earlier today - a review of the whole film no less that stated that the Shaak riding scene was cut. Guess it was a pretty unfinished cut of the movie that presspackers got to see then? Odd. How can you not spot R5-D4 as the rickshaw speeder rolls into Mos Espa? The whole scene is sort of orange toned and then there's R5 with his dirty white and red bucket body rolling in the opposite direction. Unless they cut that segment. But if hasbro said they were making an R5 later this year he must be in the movie somewhere or they'd wait until a non movie year to make him.
Blue clonetroopers are pilots so yellow ones are commanders and red ones are what? And what are the green ones then? Gunners, scout troopers? hmmm...
Why are people so obsessed with Nsync? George said they aint in the movie.

2-1B
05-10-2002, 04:51 AM
Well, R5 better be in the darn movie, or I'm afraid of mark2D2's future posts. :D

As for this shaak riding business - yes I too have noticed claims that it was cut while another review said the shaak riding scene looked pretty bad. Which leads me to 2 questions,

1) Why not film Hayden riding a llama, camel, donkey, etc. and then create the shaak around it for a better look, and

2) Why did they name a beast species Shaak and a character Shaak-Ti? :crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
05-10-2002, 12:16 PM
The scene with Anakin riding the Shaak, rodeo-style, to impress Padme seems to still be intact. However, they were to go one step further and use it as a mount as well, like a donkey or something.

And of course the riding is going to look CG. The problem with CG is that everybody knows it's fake. Some people want flawless effects, and we're not to that point yet, and we won't be, because the audience will always be critical of these effects.

As far as the Shaak and Shaak-Ti...overlapping, like in reality. You've got your bacon, and you've got your Kevin Bacon. :)

Jargo
05-10-2002, 01:46 PM
So, are all the family scenes cut from the Naboo section? That would be a real ****er for the cast wouldn't it? Although the script did seem a little trite at that point in the story I was sort of hoping to see more of Naboo daily life and not just the tourist information glossy stuff that we got in the last movie and the love scenes of this one. Naboo looks too chocolate boxy to me. Where's the dirt and the daily grind? Where's the real peasants and the rest of the people. The whole place seems like the stepford wives/husbands/animals etc. Too zombie like and obedient. Too clean. Same with what we saw of the Gungans. odd. Pretty but odd.

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
So, are all the family scenes cut from the Naboo section? That would be a real ****er for the cast wouldn't it?

I'm more upset about the Lars family being cut way down. A review I read yesterday said that Owen has 3 lines and Beru has none. Did they have a lot more in the book?

Pendo
05-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Anakin trying to ride both the shaak and the reek looked pretty bad. Very CG.

DAMN! I was afraid of this! CG Humans were done in both Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, and I KNEW Lucas would try it for AOTC, and I KNEW it would look terrible! There is no need to do it, the effects like that were easily done years ago with REAL actors, but now, for some reason, they need to use CG to create the scene, WHY???

PENDO!

Battle Droid
05-10-2002, 04:00 PM
I thought Anakin riding the Reek in the Anakin trailer look pretty cool, though there's only like a second or 2 there in the trailer.

Lord Tenebrous
05-10-2002, 11:14 PM
The fundamental problem with the Reek scene is that it's bucking pretty hard, so there might be a problem with full seemlessness, but it looks like they did a damn fine job.

You can see some of the framework to frame shots here: http://starwars.gamigo.de/episode2/dateien/arena_monsters.mov

The orray seems pretty boring, but ah, the Acklay is absolutely beautiful. Great work there.

If you want to see more stuff, my friend forwarded me this site: http://www.mycrappysite.com/users/kellysclips/aotc/qt.html

It has all the ad spots, C2 presentations, and more. Get caught up. :)

2-1B
05-11-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
So, are all the family scenes cut from the Naboo section? That would be a real ****er for the cast wouldn't it? Although the script did seem a little trite at that point in the story I was sort of hoping to see more of Naboo daily life and not just the tourist information glossy stuff that we got in the last movie and the love scenes of this one. Naboo looks too chocolate boxy to me. Where's the dirt and the daily grind? Where's the real peasants and the rest of the people. The whole place seems like the stepford wives/husbands/animals etc. Too zombie like and obedient. Too clean. Same with what we saw of the Gungans. odd. Pretty but odd.

Reading the novelization, I was hit over the head with the impression that there is no "dirt and daily grind." It's set up several times as a utopian place, but then again it is mostly written from Anakin's perspective . . . so maybe his unrealistic perception of the place is a remedy of the planet where he lived as a lad. That and his raging hormones for all things Padme. :)

RooJay
05-11-2002, 05:48 AM
This comes from www.theforce.net
There were strange pronunciations of the names in the film. Dooku is consistently pronounced "doo-koo" rather than "dough-koo". Queen Jamilla is pronounced "jam-ill-uh" rather than "jam-ee-ya" (like a Spanish pronunciation).

Did anyone actually think his name was pronounced "dough-koo"?! Doo-koo seemed pretty obvious to me. I've always seen the Queen's name spelled JAMILLIA, which would make it pronounced "jam-EE-lee-uh". Where did the notion that it's pronunciation would be based on the Spanish language come from? No other names in the Saga are pronounced that way. Anyway...

Pendo
05-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Did anyone actually think his name was pronounced "dough-koo"?! Doo-koo seemed pretty obvious to me.

I never thought it was pronounced Dough-Koo, honest :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

Jargo
05-11-2002, 04:43 PM
It was muttered on one of the really hyper fanboy sites that his name was pronounced DOUGH-KOO and it stuck.

Who's to say that an alien beast wouldn't look like that when it bucks around? I think the problem is more where the edges of the actors meet the animation. Plus the quicktime trailers don't do the footage justice. They keep stressing that the only way to see the movie is on digital projectors. I guess it's like the way TPM looked really fake viewed on TV from VHS. The squishing of the data retards the viewing experience.

Naboo scares me half to death. It's supposed to be beautiful but i find it way more disturnbing than geonosis with all the weird bugs flying around and talking. It's so 'nice' that it gives me the heebie jeebies. :eek:

Jason B
05-11-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO:
I guess it's like the way TPM looked really fake viewed on TV from VHS. The squishing of the data retards the viewing experience.

ATOC is filmed entirely with Digital Cameras though, TPM wasnt.