PDA

View Full Version : Resculpts or all new

aikman
05-09-2002, 03:41 PM
As far as resculpt figures go:

Why wouldnt you want an all new figure rather than rehased versions of old ones.

Dont get me wrong, the resculpts have usually been better but id take an all new figure first anyday.

Do I really care about getting an 'ultimate luke' figure when I already have 5-10 other different acceptable ones?

Some would like a new Eeth Koth resculpt.
Huh? The guy is a bit player at best (until this point at least)
we still dont have Reekan, madine, dignitary and other charactyers that actually spoke in the movie..
What gives???

if you want to resculpt the same fig over again, make that a .com exclusive and end it ;)

brentfett
05-09-2002, 03:45 PM
AMEN.

evenflow
05-09-2002, 04:02 PM
New figures are always more wanted than resculpts, thats my opinion anyway.

Rogue II
05-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Some figures really need resculpts. And I hope the rumors are true about the new R5-D4 coming out.

The resculpts I am tired of are all of the Darth Mauls.

And for the record, I am quite happy with my new Royal Guard, even though he smelled really bad when I took him out of his package. The POTF2 version wasn't that great.

Beast
05-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Re-sculpt to correct some of the short or buffed figures from the POTF2 line would be nice. We definatly need decent re-sculpt of Darth Vader: Removable Helmet, Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight, R5-D4, Princess Leia:Bespin Gown, among others for starters. :)

MTFBYWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aikman
05-09-2002, 09:57 PM
HMMmm lets see....NOPE we already got those.

Vader= already got far too many of those, how many variations can you have of someone that never changes costume
Jedi=what exactly was wrong with the one(s) out?
R5D4=yeah I can see the hasbro execs getting excited about this one , then again how many r2's do we need?
bespin L=the Leia 2 packs were good enough
RE:
Re-sculpt to correct some of the short or buffed figures from the POTF2 line would be nice. We definatly need decent re-sculpt of Darth Vader: Removable Helmet, Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight, R5-D4, Princess Leia:Bespin Gown, among others for starters.

aikman
05-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Actually Ive changed my mind, what we really need is another lame Jar Jar resculpt.
I can envision it now:
Same as before but this time have him positioned like he is praying for acceptance from star wars fans that think he is a waste of good cgi

Beast
05-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Vader's costume has minor changes in each movie, not to mention the removable helmet feature on the POTF2 is incorrect to how the helmet actually removes. A definative deluxe version with silk capes would be great.

The Luke: Jedi figure that was released in POTF2 had high heeled boots, and a crappy giant plastic cape. The best one of the ones released was the one in the Final Battle Duel Cinema Scene, and his pose is only good for lightsabe dueling.

Bespin Leia was a horrible figure, the cloth cape was inaccurate from what she wore in the movie, and the cloth dress bottom wasn't the correct length. None of the cloth sets were all that good. We need a basic line Bespin Leia.

Actually we do need another Jar Jar figure, his other E2 outfit with the fancy fringed epaulets. The current one is his Senate address outfit, and his stance is wrong for that even. So that needs to be redone as well, somewhere down the line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aikman
05-10-2002, 12:21 AM
wow

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Hasbro will eventually resculpt the figures that need a makeover. I like seeing new figures, but some do need a revamp. Good at it's time, alot of the POTF2 figures do need to be redone. The R5-D4 figure is a monstrosity!

jedi_uk73
05-10-2002, 12:37 PM
I say resculpt all those figures that have silly poses. I really hate those. Why don't Hasbro add a bit more articulation ? ?

A definate resculpt of R5-D4 is needed. The POTF2 version sucked. When in the films did you see the droid use that missile thingy ??

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by jedi_uk73
I say resculpt all those figures that have silly poses. I really hate those. Why don't Hasbro add a bit more articulation ? ?

A definate resculpt of R5-D4 is needed. The POTF2 version sucked. When in the films did you see the droid use that missile thingy ??

yeah!

the only think that shot out of R5-D4 was his top, caused by a bad motivator. Also why are there laser barrels on his side legs? This figure is not R5-D4, it's one of these: either an assain droid, a war droid or a gladiator droid.

Wolfwood319
05-10-2002, 12:57 PM
I'd actually take a good, needed resculpt over some Alien creature, in most cases. These are figures from the POTF2/E1 lines I think we need a resculpt of-

Jedi Luke
RH Darth Vader
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Obi-Wan in robe (Both ANH version and TPM version)
Leia Bespin
Luke Dagobah

These are just a few main figures I'd like to see resculpts of. We also need a ROTJ Jabba (and Yarna, let's not forget Yarna), Wooof, Madine, Dignitary, and Ewoks.

Also, not everyone hates Jar Jar. Jar Jar is one of my favorite characters.

aikman
05-10-2002, 01:47 PM
...you liked jar jar?

If you are < teens then ignore the rest of this message.

?
If not , why?
I cant find one redeeming thing about him. The gungans were fine, jar jar was a joke.
if jar wasnt a pathetic sad comic relief character with no merit and added zero to the movie he would be fine too.

Every scene he was in turned into a comedy (unfunny at best).
And judging by Lucas having him in only a few moments, he realized his mistake.

broctoon
05-10-2002, 02:52 PM
Return of the Jedi Jabba!! I have been wanting a good version of him for YEARS now! He is definitely at the top of my list.

Others I really want:

Snowtrooper
Hoth Han Solo
Bespin Leia
Endor Luke
Endor Leia
Jedi Luke (with lots of articulation)
Han Solo freed from carbonite
R5-D4
Luke Dagobah
C3PO (OT and a normal Episode II version without removable parts)
Luke Stormtrooper
Han Stormtrooper

RooJay
05-10-2002, 08:23 PM
I like resculpts. Some earlier figures are desperately in need of resculpts. I also like all new figures. I would say it's not a matter of me wanting one more than the other, but more like me wanting them all. I will find a way to own every figure that Hasbro will produce if I can get it at retail price. It's that simple. If they want to release 52 (the number of basic figures Hasbro plans to release this year) all new figures within a year and 52 resculpts in the same year I will buy all 104 figures. In fact, I do wish that were the case.

Battle Droid
05-10-2002, 08:36 PM
OOM-9 is over due for a resculpt.

wedgeA
05-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Word up on the Jedi Luke resculpt. I can't understand why they never did one on a card considering they made two Tatooine Luke resculpts after the Blast Shield Luke, which IMHO, was a good figure.

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 10:40 PM
Hey, aikman, Jar Jar was cool, not everyone hated him.

Personally, I'm not one of those collectors that wants to see an action figure of every single character in the movies. Just the main characters and some of the cooler background aliens. Once I get Ephant Mon all I will need is a resculpt of Removable Helmet Vader (like JJB said with two-piece removable helmet and silk capes) and my desire to collect will be satisfied for the most part. A couple more Ep2 figures and the better looking Ep3 stuff and I can quit collecting completely. Yeah, I can walk away at any time after that.... I'm not addicted.... No, not me..... :D:D

Truthfully though, I don't have enough self-control to collect carded figures for long and I never build dioramas (I plan them but get bored and never follow through). Thus I personally don't see the need for every single insignificant character to be made into an action figure.

RooJay
05-11-2002, 04:42 AM
But surely there IS a need! Hasbro NEEDS to make more money and I NEED to buy more stuff!:D

Firebird
05-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Resculpts are good in small doses. I think they should resculpt endor Luke and Leia. They only need 2 or 3 resculpts a year.

SuperBattleDroid88
05-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know if OOM-9 will be in Episode II? OOM-9 really needs a resculpt!!!!!!!!!!! I AGREE WITH YOU BATTLE DROID!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!

RooJay
05-13-2002, 12:24 AM
We have learned form Lord Malakite (who got a chance to see the movie a few days ago) in his Ep. 2 spoilers thread that OOM-9 is, at least, not readily visible in AOTC. He might be there somewhere in the background, but you'd probably have to be searching for him if he's in fact in there. You might want to ask Lord Malakite himself for verification.

Dexter
05-13-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by aikman
...you liked jar jar?

If you are < teens then ignore the rest of this message.

Hey, I take great offense to that! I'm in 19, in college, and Jar Jar Binks is one of my favorite characters. I'm aware that it's uncool to like Jar Jar, but you can't help what you like. He was animated, he was funny, and he added a lot of life to an otherwise drab set of characters in Episode I. Go and ask a pre-teen kid who their favorite EP1 character was, and the majority will say Jar-Jar. Not all characters are for adults, you know.

And for those you who think Jar Jar is the lamest character in all of the Star Wars saga, I got two words for ya: "Yub Yub!" :p

Every scene he was in turned into a comedy (unfunny at best). And judging by Lucas having him in only a few moments, he realized his mistake.

George Lucas didn't realize anything, and even if he DID he wouldn't change his story for anybody. He'd let it bomb before he'd change things. He knew before Episode I even came out what Jar Jar would be doing in Episode 2--and it's a brilliant plot twist, too. :D

aikman
05-13-2002, 09:45 AM
I just dont get it,
Noone can convince me that he is redeemable in any way