PDA

View Full Version : troop builder too little too late

aikman
05-09-2002, 03:48 PM
$ 20 for the troop builder pack is a joke.
They should be much cheaper than that.
Some people are happy (the ones that couldnt get comtech troopes before) and thats fine but they are charging basically full retail for 4 of the same figure in a generic white box.

fourtwo
05-09-2002, 03:54 PM
are you happy about anything?

seriously dude, you need to relax and be happy they are still making stuff for us to enjoy.

Wolfwood319
05-09-2002, 06:46 PM
$5 for a figure is actually pretty decent, aside from $1.97 sale prices at TRU. Its a great way for ARMY BUILDERS to add to their troops. So, obviously, a white mailer box is the best way ship them, since they're going to be opened anyway.

MikeAndTheBots
05-09-2002, 06:56 PM
I think the price is good. I open my figures anyway, keeping them on card and stuff isn't as fun (:D). The original comtech figures were what, about, $7 or $8 dollars? The new ones are about $6. So at 5 bucks a piece, I'm glad. I could never find any in my area anyway. The only original trilogy commtech chip figures I could find were Greedo and Luke. I have both anyway.

aikman
05-09-2002, 08:45 PM
Im happy about a lot of things, paying ridiculous prices and fighting with uber nerds are not on that list.
I dont post to have a 'star wars love in', i post because i have a statement to make or a question , whether anyone cares to respond is up to them...

aikman
05-09-2002, 08:49 PM
...and it certainly doesnt cost hasbro anywhere near $20 to make and dump in a box 4 rehashed stormtroopers, but fans will buy anything

CooLJoE
05-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Considering the stormtroopers can't be found in my area PERIOD (or many others im sure), and they fetch like $5 or so on ebay, plus I'm opening them and am a stormtrooper fan, I see no reason why $20 is a bad deal. White box, plastic bag, brown box, doesn't matter. Its 4 stormtroopers for $20 and they are all mint with guns (2 of each kind even better).

And since I'm a non-opener (unless I have doubles), I don't have to worry about the figure being on a card so I can just open the box and get a troop going.

QLD
05-10-2002, 12:03 AM
I like it. Really, I do.

fourtwo
05-10-2002, 12:34 AM
you're all spoiled. we get nothing in canada. the chance to get 4 stormtroopers instead of 1 for 20 bucks is kinda nice. therefore i will buy it.

aikman
05-10-2002, 08:10 AM
Above I asked this of people that already had access to the commtechs (obviously if u didnt they are new to you), as far as people outside of the USA , you are lucky if u find anything not online....

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 08:56 AM
hmm 20 bucks. i would buy it but not as much as i planned on. Dammit, i forgot about the shipping costs!! well there goes the number of sets i planned on buying!

InsaneJediGirl
05-10-2002, 09:40 AM
I think its a great idea since I never found any CTC Stormies in my area.$5 is cheap too..considering I'm just opening them up anyways.No need to be carded..its a waste of trees:D :crazed:

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 10:00 AM
I'm considering buying on of the packs, for ocmpletion. But I'm not sure since I still have about 2 dozen still carded in my closet. I've opened pretty much all I need for now for my loose army, so I guess I'm set. :)

Amanamike
05-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Im still buying 12 packs!!!! I really want that diorama Ive always wanted. I keep buying the comtech stormies on ebay and Im getting rocked on price. I even try to buy lots to make it cheaper but I still end up paying around 8US each figure

Turbowars
05-10-2002, 02:40 PM
For 20 bucks, Hasbro should have packed them in a nice window box. There are collectors like myslf that don't play with their toys.LOL Just think they could have made a few with dirt on them, battle damage or had them placed like they were in battle. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make a custom.